My Review of THE DARK KNIGHT *Spoilers added*

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyWay;2151059 said:
WOW !!!! You really are a simpleton. And you claim I didn't understand it because it was "too complex"? Maybe I just expect more from a movie than you do. :lmao2:
I'm speechless.

thekavorka

Reaction score
DallasEast;2151372 said:
They need to hurry up. Quick. Even taking into account the phenomenal success of Nolan's franchise, Marvel is making DC look like wusses.

Woman Wonder. The Amazon warrior (long before Xena was ever thought of).

The Flash. The fastest man alive. The sky's the limit what they could do with his character.

Green Lantern. Owner of one of the most powerful weapons in the DC universe.

On and on. It's time for DC to get their behinds in gear.

I think the problem was Batman and Robin. After that movie, WB didn't want to touch super hero movies for a while.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
I just got back from seeing this in IMAX, and WOW. I need to think about what I just saw a little bit more before I can fully discuss it, but I will say that if you enjoyed this film you owe it to yourself to see it in IMAX. The cinematography in the action sequences on the giant screen is nothing short of amazing.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
thekavorka;2151134 said:
If Nolan/Bale do the next Batman movie, there will be no Robin. they've said many times that they have no interest in introducing Robin.

Someone mentioned to me that the guy who knows who Batman is has the last name of Reese.

Mr. Reese
E. Nigma

...the Riddler?

I've looked on the internet and can't figure out what ya ment by that kavorka, care to explain? or someone explain it

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'm rooting against a Robin character for this go-around.

More than that, they need to make sure that the gadgetry doesn't get too ridiculous like it did in the previous Batmans. I thinks that part of where it all went downhill. Well, that and the absurdity of the villains. I thought the whole sonar-cell-phone set-up was pushing it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
And to add to that, I hope they don't make Batman too capable of everything like he was in the previous movies. I saw part of the Batman with Kilmer, Lee Jones and Carey and there is a part where he hits a button and his shoes turn into rockets that boost him away from impending death. Just ridiculous on all counts.

In TDK, I think the little spin-around maneuver he pulled on his bike when he popped off the wall was a cool touch but at the same time I was left thinking "since when did he enter into the X-games".

I guess that has always been why I have loved Batman in the past. Probably the same reason many love him. Hes just a human, hes just a guy. No special powers, just a guy out there kicking ***. I think when they start to bend and stretch the limits on what he is capable of, it gets cheesy.

thekavorka

Reaction score
the kid 05;2151482 said:
I've looked on the internet and can't figure out what ya ment by that kavorka, care to explain? or someone explain it

According to IMDB, the character who was trying to blackmail Batman had the name Reese.

say Mr. Reese really fast.

it's a long shot but who knows. could make an interesting motivation as the riddler.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
thekavorka;2151587 said:
According to IMDB, the character who was trying to blackmail Batman had the name Reese.

say Mr. Reese really fast.

it's a long shot but who knows. could make an interesting motivation as the riddler.

mysteries? haha is that what its supposta be saying?

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Heath Ledger was obviously the man... definitely not sober for the movie. I am willing to bet he was hopped up on something for the filming (wouldn't be the 1st or last time an artist used drugs for inspiration).

I agree with those who say he deserves an Oscar.

As for Christian Bale... I love him as Bruce Wayne but I honestly do not like him as a Batman. American Psycho is was of my favorite movies and he plays that rich, stuck up role in a very clever way but as for Batman, he's way too cheesy for lack of better words. His Batman voice makes me laugh.

I really, really enjoyed the movie but I think it should have been titled after the Joker :p:

You all have to admit that you were just waiting for the Joker's next scene.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Great Movie. I loved it.

I dont have a single complaint.

I love Gary Oldman in these movies. He is simply great.

Ledger was fantastic.

I plan on seeing it again if I have a chance too.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
BTW, anyone else notice the foreshadowing of "Catwoman" for the next installment of the series? Bruce was talking with Lucius about the more agile suit he developed and whether it protected from dog bites, and Lucius said something about chihuahuas and rottweilers, and then said that it does protect from cat bites.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2152693 said:
BTW, anyone else notice the foreshadowing of "Catwoman" for the next installment of the series? Bruce was talking with Lucius about the more agile suit he developed and whether it protected from dog bites, and Lucius said something about chihuahuas and rottweilers, and then said that it does protect from cat bites.
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2151193&postcount=154

:)

thekavorka

Reaction score
smarta5150;2151908 said:
Heath Ledger was obviously the man... definitely not sober for the movie. I am willing to bet he was hopped up on something for the filming (wouldn't be the 1st or last time an artist used drugs for inspiration).

I agree with those who say he deserves an Oscar.

As for Christian Bale... I love him as Bruce Wayne but I honestly do not like him as a Batman. American Psycho is was of my favorite movies and he plays that rich, stuck up role in a very clever way but as for Batman, he's way too cheesy for lack of better words. His Batman voice makes me laugh.

I really, really enjoyed the movie but I think it should have been titled after the Joker :p:

You all have to admit that you were just waiting for the Joker's next scene.

I read somewhere that that's not Bale's voice. They add some stuff in post-production to make it that gruff.

At first, I was taken aback by the voice in Batman Begins. Then I learned to deal with. Now, I kind of like it.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
thekavorka;2152802 said:
I read somewhere that that's not Bale's voice. They add some stuff in post-production to make it that gruff.

At first, I was taken aback by the voice in Batman Begins. Then I learned to deal with. Now, I kind of like it.

Really? That still bothers me. Two things made me laugh AT the movie, rather than with it....Bale's ghey voice, and the 'motorcyle' stunt he performed by running into the side of a building. Dumb.

Great flick though. GO and HL were fantastic.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The voice is so he's not recognized. When he falls on the car with Rachel, he uses his normal voice. I guess it's either suspend disbelief or go for realism. Nolan chose the latter.

It would have been cool if they explained the gruffiness by a similar device to the Mission Impossible voice thingamabob.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2152811 said:
Really? That still bothers me. Two things made me laugh AT the movie, rather than with it....Bale's ghey voice, and the 'motorcyle' stunt he performed by running into the side of a building. Dumb.

Great flick though. GO and HL were fantastic.

What is Batman supposed to sound like? If anyone mentions Keaton, I'll jump through your monitor and *****slap you.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2152855 said:
What is Batman supposed to sound like? If anyone mentions Keaton, I'll jump through your monitor and *****slap you.

Well, for one, he shouldn't sound like a villain from a crappy kids cartoon. He does, not all of the time, but two or three points in the movie almost made me laugh aloud.

I understand he has to mask his voice, but c'mon.

thekavorka

Reaction score
i know why he has the voice, but i can see why some feel it's a bit overdone.

kevin conroy. now THERES a Batman voice

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
DallasEast;2151362 said:
So, why hasn't WW The Movie been made yet? As you mentioned, the television series was a success for DC. The character itself has evolved enormously since the 70's. Heck, now she's still not as strong as Superman, but she can give him a solid run for his money in a fistfight. Of course, DC depowered Superman since The Crisis of Infinite Earths maxi-series from the mid 80's also, so that would have to be taken into effect also, but I digress.. :eek::

The CGI is there for Wonder Woman/The Movie. The mythology of the character alone could be a movie onto itself. I guess the holdup is who wants to produce, who wants to direct and who in the world is truly worthy enough to take on the role?

Pitt's love, Angelina Jolie is a no-brainer, but I wish I had some solid alternatives to back her up. If the movie had been made around the time the first Tomb Raider premiered, it would've been the perfect time for her, but now I'm not so sure. If they can get a project together in the next year or so, I think she's still perfect for the role. Any longer than that, not so much.

It's funny that you mention Linda Carter. Physically, you couldn't find a better choice for WW then or now. However, she wasn't the strongest actress for the part, but the television series didn't require it. The episodes were pretty light, titilating fare for ABC, along with Charlie's Angels, etc. during the late 70's. I always dreamed they would allow Carter to display a harder edge to her character and more realistic foes like Cheetah for example, but it wasn't to be.

IMO, Hollywood's losing out on millions not making this movie! Wow!

Its so funny... today I am online waiting to pay for something and there is Angelina Jolie on the cover of some mag in a pose that just screams WW.... but an instant later I completely agree.... its just about too late for her... also I think doing the Tomb Raider just ruins the WW for her. I too would like some other options... BUT... an Angelina Jolie-type or the modern day Linda Carter is the way to go....

Watch... knowing the genuises casting her... they will do a Cathy Lee Crosby on us....ughhh!

:laugh2: