My thoughts on a slim view

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How was it short? You had the safety coming over the top so it wasn't like Dak should've just thrown it to the endzone and let Gallup run and get it.

Look at the throw, Dak let it go 16 yards ahead of where Gallup was at the time, Gallup does a slight stop and go to get past the cb and the ball was on the money. He didn't have to slow down to catch it once he started up his route again to get past the cb.

Now sure the cb certainly could've made a play on the ball or contested it if he didn't just completely blow the play by not looking for the ball, but it wasn't an underthrown ball, at least not in my eyes.

I agree. The safety didn't play it well, but the ball was put on the money. For a pass of that distance it's off base to suggest a QB made a mistake by not placing the ball in slightly different spot. And with the play happening so close to the sideline, even if the safety had played it well he might have been able to bat the ball away, but it's very unlikely he would have been able to intercept the ball in bounds because he would have been running full speed toward the sideline.

Sydla

Reaction score
Anthony brown actually played well until the 2 penalties. The holding and the PI. I don't want him to dial down his aggression but he needs to find ways to avoid the PI's

It's been the knock on him since college and some here have pointed it out on this board.

He's too grabby, handsy, etc. He's a pass interference/holding penalty waiting to happen.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
I agree. The safety didn't play it well, but the ball was put on the money. For a pass of that distance it's off base to suggest a QB made a mistake by not placing the ball in slightly different spot. And with the play happening so close to the sideline, even if the safety had played it well he might have been able to bat the ball away, but it's very unlikely he would have been able to intercept the ball in bounds because he would have been running full speed toward the sideline.

My thoughts exactly. I thought the safety either took a bad angle or realized it wasn't going clear to the endzone so tried to play the player, either way it was bad playing both both their cb and safety, but I don't think the play was designed to be a straight 9 route into the endzone. Looked to me like he was trying to do a little stutter-go to get past the cb, Dak looked left at first to hold the safety, then placed it where he knew the safety would'nt have a chance at it, which was right behind the cb.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How was it short? You had the safety coming over the top so it wasn't like Dak should've just thrown it to the endzone and let Gallup run and get it.

Look at the throw, Dak let it go 16 yards ahead of where Gallup was at the time, Gallup does a slight stop and go to get past the cb and the ball was on the money. He didn't have to slow down to catch it once he started up his route again to get past the cb.

Now sure the cb certainly could've made a play on the ball or contested it if he didn't just completely blow the play by not looking for the ball, but it wasn't an underthrown ball, at least not in my eyes.
Good points.

Swanny

Reaction score

I do think the pass was a touch short. But I mean that is 100% nitpicking.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yeah! Mr. Frikkin Perfect...this is why I usually keep my opinions to myself. People can't just disagree they need to pull out the past and compare our present day players to our legends.
Pass was perfect, what more do you want a pass to look like?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one cares until it gets picked off and then you'll cry like a little .......

Seems you don't have to wait for an INT to start crying ....

Expecting a pass of that distance to hit the receiver in exactly the spot and at exactly the trajectory you would prefer is ridiculous. It was a very well thrown pass, and there can be no expectation that any other QB would have thrown it any better. If QB's could get every long pass to a receiver as if they had walked up and handed them the ball teams wouldn't have to use draft picks or spend significant money on receivers. The reality is QB's put the ball as close to the ideal area as they can and the receiver has to make the play, Hell, in this case the receiver didn't even have to break stride - didn't have to speed up or slow down.

kskboys

Reaction score
I do think the pass was a touch short. But I mean that is 100% nitpicking.
I was drinking whiskey, but it appeared to me that it was sort of a back shoulder type pass that was thrown where it was supposed to be thrown. Didn't Gallup start breaking back when the ball was thrown? To me, it looked like the ball was where it was supposed to be.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems you don't have to wait for an INT to start crying ....

Expecting a pass of that distance to hit the receiver in exactly the spot and at exactly the trajectory you would prefer is ridiculous. It was a very well thrown pass, and there can be no expectation that any other QB would have thrown it any better. If QB's could get every long pass to a receiver as if they had walked up and handed them the ball teams wouldn't have to use draft picks or spend significant money on receivers. The reality is QB's put the ball as close to the ideal area as they can and the receiver has to make the play, Hell, in this case the receiver didn't even have to break stride - didn't have to speed up or slow down.
Who the hell is crying. Just posting my opinion. Jeez!! Ok, he's perfect!!! You happy!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah! Mr. Frikkin Perfect...this is why I usually keep my opinions to myself. People can't just disagree they need to pull out the past and compare our present day players to our legends.

You are sarcastically calling him Mr. Perfect? The guy who is saying that a downfield pass that hit the receiver in stride was a bad pass? That would have been a good pass whether it came from Dak,, one of our "legends" or Quincy Carter.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who the hell is crying. Just posting my opinion. Jeez!! Ok, he's perfect!!! You happy!!

And the guy you said would be crying was just stating his. Seems you like to dish it out but can't take it back.

I didn't say he was perfect, I said that was a good pass. Exaggeration is the tool of people with a weak argument.

JustChip

Reaction score
The pass to Gallup was short. If the db hadn't of got lost it would have been a pick. Should have led him and not placed it at his hip. I'm rooting for them but I'm not wearing my rose colored glasses this morning.
That was my thought exactly. Everyone saying it was perfect has a different definition of perfect than me. Now, in all fairness, not every ball thrown deep by all the top level QBs is more perfect than that so as long as they go deep often enough, they'll have success. It'll also keep the defense from crowding the box.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are sarcastically calling him Mr. Perfect? The guy who is saying that a downfield pass that hit the receiver in stride was a bad pass? That would have been a good pass whether it came from Dak,, one of our "legends" or Quincy Carter.
Him, not you! Stay out of it, I think he can take care of himself.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the guy you said would be crying was just stating his. Seems you like to dish it out but can't take it back.

I didn't say he was perfect, I said that was a good pass. Exaggeration is the tool of people with a weak argument.
He was attacking mine, not stating his. Big difference.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was my thought exactly. Everyone saying it was perfect has a different definition of perfect than me. Now, in all fairness, not every ball thrown deep by al the top level QB is more perfect than that so as long as they go deep often enough, they'll have success. It'll also keep the defense from crowding the box.

Sure the pass could have been "slightly" better - that's true of pretty much every pass thrown by every QB, whether Tom Brady or Kellen Moore. But no reasonable person can call that pass a mistake, or have the expectation of it being better. The receiver didn't have to break stride, and how can anyone complain about that?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure the pass could have been "slightly" better - that's true of pretty much every pass thrown by every QB, whether Tom Brady or Kellen Moore. But no reasonable person can call that pass a mistake, or have the expectation of it being better. The receiver didn't have to break stride, and how can anyone complain about that?
Thank you. You agreed with me.i never said it was a mistake, just said it was short.