My thoughts on a slim view

JustChip

Reaction score
Sure the pass could have been "slightly" better - that's true of pretty much every pass thrown by every QB, whether Tom Brady or Kellen Moore. But no reasonable person can call that pass a mistake, or have the expectation of it being better. The receiver didn't have to break stride, and how can anyone complain about that?
I'm not calling it a mistake. Essentially, I'm agreeing with you. All I'm saying is it wasn't perfect, but it doesn't have to be to be successful because the defense isn't perfect everytime.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was attacking mine, not stating his. Big difference.

So even though he was stating a contrary opinion you expected his comments to not contradict yours? I don't think you understand how this works. If you post here the expectation is that your comments will be read, and subject to response, and the responses often may disagree with your comments, and even strongly disagree. If you can't accept that, you shouldn't be posting here.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So even though he was stating a contrary opinion you expected his comments to not contradict yours? I don't think you understand how this works. If you post here the expectation is that your comments will be read, and subject to response, and the responses often may disagree with your comments, and even strongly disagree. If you can't accept that, you shouldn't be posting here.
You're still here. Let it go.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been the knock on him since college and some here have pointed it out on this board.

He's too grabby, handsy, etc. He's a pass interference/holding penalty waiting to happen.

The announcers even said that 1st penalty was ticky-tack and that you see that many time per game without getting called.

The one on the left sideline where he ran into the WR as the ball was coming down is highly likely something that Kris Richard will be worked out. He had good coverage up to that point but didn't turn his head.

What he did is easier for Kris Richard to work with than some snaps I saw from Lewis.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not calling it a mistake. Essentially, I'm agreeing with you. All I'm saying is it wasn't perfect, but it doesn't have to be to be successful because the defense isn't perfect everytime.

I understand that you weren't calling it a mistake, but Ranching was, and you did suggest that his comments had merit. In the end you and I agree, but I don't think Ranching has a point at all. Again, sure the pass could have been at least incrementally better, but Ranching was treating it as a bad pass that only succeeded by luck.

Verdict

Reaction score
The pass to Gallup was short. If the db hadn't of got lost it would have been a pick. Should have led him and not placed it at his hip. I'm rooting for them but I'm not wearing my rose colored glasses this morning.

I was thinking the same thing. Too many looking at the result rather than the performance. I will say this though, Gallup was open multiple times on what could each have been TDs. The kid seems to be a pretty smooth route runner. It seems to be more guile than actually physical ability.

Jerry Rice was the best at it, but Gallup seems to display glimpses of a really young Jerry Rice. Hopefully he can build on that.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Too many looking at the result rather than the performance. I will say this though, Gallup was open multiple times on what could each have been TDs. The kid seems to be a pretty smooth route runner. It seems to be more guile than actually physical ability.

Jerry Rice was the best at it, but Gallup seems to display glimpses of a really young Jerry Rice. Hopefully he can build on that.

Stefon Diggs in the 3rd round would be quite a get.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Low blow. I broke down film for a living for thirty years and I always looked for ways to improve my players and teams. I was not a weekend warrior. Anyway, I am reminded why I usually post sarcastic remarks and not real football opinions.
I thought you were posting one of your sarcastic remarks...

visionary

Reaction score
Largely agree
Good start overall last night
Dak looked comfortable and that is key from my perspective
LBs can potentially be a strength and that would be huge. I don't have a problem that we drafted LVE because Lee is iffy to play 16 games
If Seattle will settle for a 4th I'd do the deal for Thomas yesterday. The issue might also be his deal. No way I want to pay him 10 million/year but a deal would need to be in place before the trade

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm still missing the logic on this. Sure this, as with any pass from any QB, could be slightly better, but the receiver didn't have to slow down or speed up, he didn't have to out jump or out muscle a defender, he didn't have to dive or twist his body or make any significant adjustment to the ball ... so how can there be an issue with the performance?

Verdict

Reaction score
If the DB doesn't lose the ball (or situational awareness or whatever it was he did) the DB would have been in a better position to make a play on the ball than the receiver.

Having said that, Gallup may have sold the route really well and caused the DB's hiccup. I'm really not sure and we will probably never know.

Batman1980

Reaction score
If the DB doesn't lose the ball (or situational awareness or whatever it was he did) the DB would have been in a better position to make a play on the ball than the receiver.

Having said that, Gallup may have sold the route really well and caused the DB's hiccup. I'm really not sure and we will probably never know.

The audio from the play suggests the DB lost it in the sun.