My Yearly Report on What I Am Hearing About the Draft

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Sasquatch;3915574 said:
Have you heard anything on DE (Jordan and Watt)?
Man, where the heck have you been for so long?

I haven't heard very much other than cursory interest if they are best available. I don't see that happening. Honestly I've heard more about interest in Brooks Reed than any other DE, and I am kind of dubious about that even though I live in Tucson and have seen more of Reed than any other DE.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Hostile;3915578 said:

He's been fending off those Jack Links people that keep messin with him.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Hostile;3915578 said:

I haven't heard very much other than cursory interest if they are best available. I don't see that happening. Honestly I've heard more about interest in Brooks Reed than any other DE, and I am kind of dubious about that even though I live in Tucson and have seen more of Reed than any other DE.

3-year old, work, so I lurk.

Strange, that Mosley is off this year, since he's been fairly reliable in the past.

Thanks for the insights. Look forward to your final mock.

visionary

Reaction score
thanx for the info Hos
I know i look forward to the info you and SDogo provide

for the record, i hate the trade up for PP idea

i am on board with taking smith at 9 or trade down and take costanzo/carimi/puoncey but then use one of the 2's on OG/OT

would rather sign huff and draft d. will in 3 than take moore

love the idea of getting both rackley and ellis

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
visionary;3915585 said:
thanx for the info Hos
I know i look forward to the info you and SDogo provide

for the record, i hate the trade up for PP idea

i am on board with taking smith at 9 or trade down and take costanzo/carimi/puoncey but then use one of the 2's on OG/OT

would rather sign huff and draft d. will in 3 than take moore

love the idea of getting both rackley and ellis
Not sure why anyone would if he is seen as a once in a decade type CB.

visionary

Reaction score
Hostile;3915590 said:
Not sure why anyone would if he is seen as a once in a decade type CB.

we have heard that before Hos

IMO he is not worth Tyron Smith + Will rackley/Ras I Dowling

just my uninformed opinion of course

Gaede

Reaction score
Personally, I'm not a big fan of Peterson, but if they honestly believe he's that talented, I wouldn't be upset if they traded up for him. Just like Dalton, even though I don't think he's a franchise QB, if they really think he has that ability, then he is definitely worth the gamble.

esmith1790

Reaction score
I know that without a CBA there cant be trades with players. However, jerry jones is no dummy. Is there any type of scenario that would possibly turn out something like this.

you can trade a 2012 draft pick but allow a player to be traded substituted once the CBA is in place.

so say you want to jump up to cleveland at #6. So you offer a 2011 #4 and a 2012 #4. Once the CBA is finalized, say a player such as Martellus Bennett is traded for our 2012 #4 back in return.

The 2012 #4 is simply a place holder until a CBA is in place.

I am sure there are some ways to get around the cant trade a player without a CBA.

thoughts,

tm1119

Reaction score
I love the idea of being able to trade back to 14 and still get Smith and an extra 3rd. We could then go D with our 2nd and 3rd and stil get an OG like Moffitt with the extra 3rd. Smith, Rowling, Ellis, and Moffitt in rounds 1-3? Sounds like a dream draft.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
One other thing, no interest in Prince, given the possible departure of Newman?

Duane

Reaction score
tm1119;3915608 said:
I love the idea of being able to trade back to 14 and still get Smith and an extra 3rd. We could then go D with our 2nd and 3rd and stil get an OG like Moffitt with the extra 3rd. Smith, Rowling, Ellis, and Moffitt in rounds 1-3? Sounds like a dream draft.

That would be awesome but you have Minnesota and Detroit that could both take OTs and you'd be stuck with the 3rd best tackle in the draft.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tm1119;3915608 said:
My dream scenario is that we take Tyron Smith at 9. Trade back at #40 and end up with Rackley, Moffitt, and Ellis. To me if our first 4 picks are all OL and DL we improve a ton.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Hostile;3915578 said:

He's been "lost in the woods" like his avatar says. Geez, don't you even read this stuff?

:D

Gaede

Reaction score
Hostile;3915629 said:
My dream scenario is that we take Tyron Smith at 9. Trade back at #40 and end up with Rackley, Moffitt, and Ellis. To me if our first 4 picks are all OL and DL we improve a ton.

Send it to Jerry! Couldn't be any better than that

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Hostile;3915629 said:

I am all for that. Good info BTW. :bow:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I wish we would trade up for Peterson, and then sell next year's draft and take Tyron Smith too.

My dream scenario is my final mock draft, though the Andy Dalton talk is pretty interesting.

With our needs and this pool of players, I am all for selling next year's draft to move into position to take them all.

Peterson, Smith, Moore, Dalton, Rackley, Ellis. Get them all.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
casmith07;3915637 said:
I wish we would trade up for Peterson, and then sell next year's draft and take Tyron Smith too.
There is one rumor out there where that is possible. I think it is so remote that it isn't worth dwelling on though.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hostile;3915629 said:

Or...Smith at 9, Moore at 40, trade back into the 2nd round and get Ellis and Rackley.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hostile;3915641 said:
There is one rumor out there where that is possible. I think it is so remote that it isn't worth dwelling on though.

I like Peterson a ton, but I like fixing the offensive line a lot better.

Especially if we're able to get McElroy and Dalton. Have Dalton grow with his offensive line, rather than throw him behind an aging bunch of guys like we did Romo.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I don't get the love for McElroy. We've invested 2 years in McGee who showed some promise after a rough start. I know McElroy is close to Garrett and the staff but it doesn't make sense to me that we would cut McGee to bring in a family friend. The fact Greg's dad works for Jerry shouldn't have anything to do with it.

The guy is extremely smart but very limited as a QB. I've watched him for 5 years at Bama and been to numerous practices and scrimmages in which he played even when he wasn't the starting QB. He is not a future starter in the NFL and imo, he is not even another Jason Garrett. Garrett had a quality where players like Aikman and Irvin were drawn to him. McElroy does not have that kind of relationship with his teammates.