Twitter: Myles Jack is PFF's 1 rated LB

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Most of the NFL passed on TJ Watt. SF took a DE with the 3rd overall pick that hasn't been any better than Taco. Same with the DE the Falcons took with the 22nd overall pick.

Most of them passed on Taco too and for good reason.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Miles Jack is so good that the Jags are only giving up three points per game.

And by "three" I mean "thirty".

I will never figure out why people put any credence in PFF ratings. It would literally be like taking a poll on this website and quoting it as fact.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Please take cover. I don't want either of you being struck by lightning.

Thou shall not speak ill of Will McClay is the first commandment of CZ.

But it certainly seems there is nothing even worth salvaging on defense. You cant be great at this and come to this point.

Creeper

Reaction score
For the record Myles and Jaylon had injury concerns. Neither one should’ve been thought of in the 2nd round.

Maybe but Jaylon was the one with catastrophic damage to his knee and many doctors said he would not play football again. The risk was enormous. The Cowboys should have passed on him until the 4th round or later. Jerry outsmarted himself. Jaylon is not the player he was in college.

Jerry needs to stop thinking about the splash stories and start thinking about meat and potatoes football. He should start by taking Jimmy Johnson's advice to new draft stupid players. Then, draft guy who play with a chip on their shoulders, but the guys with $ signs over their heads.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
That defense wouldn't currently be here, because you'd be spending $30+m on corners, and some $40m on DEs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most of them passed on Taco too and for good reason.
And if anyone were claiming Taco was a no brainer I would point that out too. With hindsight we can always point to players a team should have picked - every team. The draft is not an exact science. But if you look at college stats, Watt was very slightly better, and wasn't as much of a scheme fit for the Cowboys, so there was justification from what we, as fans know. NFL teams were clearly not flocking to Watt, and with hindsight, a lot of NFL teams would rethink that if they could.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe but Jaylon was the one with catastrophic damage to his knee and many doctors said he would not play football again. The risk was enormous. The Cowboys should have passed on him until the 4th round or later. Jerry outsmarted himself. Jaylon is not the player he was in college.

Jerry needs to stop thinking about the splash stories and start thinking about meat and potatoes football. He should start by taking Jimmy Johnson's advice to new draft stupid players. Then, draft guy who play with a chip on their shoulders, but the guys with $ signs over their heads.
I agree. 2nd was too early for Jaylon. Hell with our luck they probably would've passed up Dak for Jaylon in the 4th round.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You cant have the good picks all being attributed to McClay and none of the bad picks. Besides, Im not seeing any good picks on the defensive side of the ball in several years.
What good picks have they used on defense? Most of the picks accredited to him like Damien Wilson and Anthony Hitchens are on other teams now.

McClay doesn't get credit for the good picks let's stop. Part of this circus is that we don't even known who makes what picks. But we do know what Maranelli was extremely excited when we drafted Taco and Trysten.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which one had to sit out for a year and which one played immediately (quite effectively)?
What does it matter? They both were stupid picks in the 2nd round. How many times does this team have to draft injury prone linebackers in the 2nd round in order for you guys to see its a issue? Linebakers take enough contact as it is......the last thing you want is someone who's body doesn't like the contact.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
fair point. but its a far cry from an injury concern to what Jaylon had. Jack dropped out of school upon getting injured so he could focus on rehab to prove his draft worth and getting on the field by training camp if i remember correctly.
It is. And I don't want to revise history so maybe I'm mistaken but the whispers were his knee issues could shorten his career. He just had knee issues last year too. But yes, the issue weren't' the same as Jaylon. People knew Myles would play just didn't know for how long. Jaylon....people didn't think he'd even play football again. Too high in the 2nd round.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
..that pick was probably influenced by Jurassic Marinelli. Same as Trysten Hill.
One of the radio guys said Maranelli wanted these guys but guys higher up than him wanted them too. I know Taco was a Jerry pick. It was that whole "War Daddy" era.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol, but Jaylon was the picture of health.
Jesus I never said anything like that. I verbatim said I wouldn't have drafted Myles or Jaylon with injury concerns.

FOR THE RECORD.....I am not for drafting any injured players in the 2nd round in the draft. I don't care who they are.