Twitter: Myles Jack is PFF's 1 rated LB

Plankton

Reaction score
those bad decisions just keep haunting you. i couldn't believe my ears when they drafted "might never walk right again" over a healthy Jack. So sad ....

Myles Jack had a cartilage issue in his knee that some doctors thought would lead to him having a shorter career. Neither player had clean medicals.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its not your opinion but you are GUESSING that him not being the same player is related to his injury. OK. I dont see anyone around here suggesting that his problem relates to athleticism.

Every team gets burned on picks getting injured. Yes injuries knock them down but thats why they are second rounders in the first place. Drafting Jack has worked out great for the Jags and injuries really havent been an issue for either so far.

I haven't been following Jack but just googling his name his story sounds like Jaylon's....been playing the wrong position and has been underwhelming until this year so yeah I guess that's where his story with Jaylon ends. Seems like he missed the end of last year due to knee injuries.
No that is not why they are 2nd rounders. I'm telling you now the list of injured prospects that go on to live up to the potential is slim.

What do you think? It should take about 2 or 3 years for guys to start living up to their potential? So let's go just to the 2017 NFL draft.......

John Ross, Sidney Jones, Fabian Moreau, Jak Butt, Malik Hooker, Reuben Foster.........personally it just seems like it rarely works out....do you have any instances of it actually working?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I bet Belichick laughs to this day at the rumor he was going to draft Jaylon at the end of round one in 2016.
Wouldn't shock me. Its not like the Patriots have the best track record of 1st round picks anyway or the draft for that matter.

Plankton

Reaction score
What do you think? It should take about 2 or 3 years for guys to start living up to their potential? So let's go just to the 2017 NFL draft.......

John Ross, Sidney Jones, Fabian Moreau, Jak Butt, Malik Hooker, Reuben Foster.........personally it just seems like it rarely works out....do you have any instances of it actually working?

giphy.gif

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Myles Jack had a cartilage issue in his knee that some doctors thought would lead to him having a shorter career. Neither player had clean medicals.
yeah, i had forgotten that when i posted. still much better to pick a guy who might have a shorter career than one who might never regain full use of his leg.

fansince68

Reaction score
The jags are tanking I bet he’s available for a good price.
He would be a good pick up. Trade Coop for him. However, our defense is a deep pool of bad players, we need a deep draft in a draft of unknowns. We are only 6 players away from having a dominant defense...:D

TheCoolFan

Reaction score

Imagine this defense with DeForest Buckner and Myles Jack :omg::(

But we got a steal in Jaylon! And a great RB who has been a fumble/drop machine this season and can be useless if we have injuries on the OL or have to abandon the run.

Dre11

Reaction score
In their defense, and I'm not defending the selection of Charlton in this, T.J. Watt had two ACL reconstructions while at Wisconsin. It's not as if he was a pick without risk. If he came to Dallas, chances are he would have blown his knee out again, because that's how the Cowboys roll on defense.

he also was projected 2nd round pick, while Charlton was projected late 1 early second.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I'm dead serious. Dak has been the best player on this offense lately. With a defence like that to compliment Dak, I honestly think we would have won a Super Bowl by now.
no, our receivers as a whole have allowed him to stat pad. And the opposing defense playing with a monumental lead contributes.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Yeah, called this in 2016

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/im-not-getting-the-jaylon-smith-hype.348704/

I've heard people hyping him up as the next Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis, but I just don't see it. I've also seen people call him a heat seeking missile. Again, I don't see it. You'll notice a theme here. He hates to get blocked and dances around blockers more than I like, which takes him out of plays. There isn't a lot that jumps off the screen here to me. When you watch Myles Jack, he jumps off the screen.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Pertaining to drafting Taco :

NEVER DRAFT WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY !!!! DAMN!