Twitter: Myles Jack is PFF's 1 rated LB

Mr_437

Reaction score
Good for Myles Jack, I really liked his versatility at LB coming out his draft year.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think we'd have Dak here. He was taken in round 4 that year with Myles Jack. Assuming everything else remains the same, I think we'd have a good enough defence for Dak to lead us to a Super Bowl.

ya your probably right. Would he have been as good as he is here with this and the prior coaching staff is a good ?. For all of the guys mentioned

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
ya your probably right. Would he have been as good as he is here with this and the prior coaching staff is a good ?. For all of the guys mentioned

I think he'd still be the excellent QB that he is. I just think the results would be better because he'd probably have had more short fields because we would be getting takeaways.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
What does it matter? They both were stupid picks in the 2nd round. How many times does this team have to draft injury prone linebackers in the 2nd round in order for you guys to see its a issue? Linebakers take enough contact as it is......the last thing you want is someone who's body doesn't like the contact.

That's your opinion....and you weren't in the room with the medical staff of either team prior to the draft. Point being you don't really know the size of the risk either team was taking. Turns out neither have been really injury prone since starting their NFL careers so I'd say the risk was justified. The injury isn't the problem with Jaylon he just makes terrible decisions and appears to avoid contact.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think he'd still be the excellent QB that he is. I just think the results would be better because he'd probably have had more short fields because we would be getting takeaways.

I was referring more to if we had drafted Miles jack and thornhill and TJ Watt etc.would they have turned out to be the players they are under Marinelli? Im all in on Dak if the cowboys decide another route ill live with it but think they would be making a mistake

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's your opinion....and you weren't in the room with the medical staff of either team prior to the draft. Point being you don't really know the size of the risk either team was taking. Turns out neither have been really injury prone since starting their NFL careers so I'd say the risk was justified. The injury isn't the problem with Jaylon he just makes terrible decisions and appears to avoid contact.
That's not my opinion that is history. You can argue against history but the list of 1st round talented linebackers who are injury prone is a very short list.

And yes the injury is the issue. If you watched him at Notre Dame you can tell that guy is not the same player. It may not be physically but mentally he's not the player he was in college and the only thing I can think of is he has no confidence in his body.

Either way, it was as stupid pick and anyone who takes a injured college player in the 2nd round is STUPID. And the Cowboys have done it with Bruce Carter, Sean Lee and Jaylon Smith. Oh and that's actual 2nd round picks. It gets better with LVE he's actually a 1st round pick. Its moronic.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I was referring more to if we had drafted Miles jack and thornhill and TJ Watt etc.would they have turned out to be the players they are under Marinelli? Im all in on Dak if the cowboys decide another route ill live with it but think they would be making a mistake

I don't know about them under Marinelli tbh. I would imagine they'd at least show more heart, so maybe they'd be good.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I've posted it a lot but I never quite understood their gameplan in 2016 for the draft.
Round 1, they go with the surefire bellcow RB for Romo to get one more shot at a run.
Round 2, this guy has nerve damage in his leg, we think he can play again, but when and how well will he recover? Hell, take him anyways.

Typical my turn, your turn strategy by committee. Instead of acting according to one vision, you give the Romo Window crowd something, then the Total Future Value crowd something.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The Cowboys are pretty bad at drafting on the defensive side of the ball. Taco over TJ Watt should have cost people their jobs the very next day.

"Dline Whisperer".

I'm convinced we discounted player behavioral issues because we drank the Kool Aid on the ability of Marinelli to be the Dline Whisperer.

I think his reputation had more to do with the nature of reclamation projects than with great skill on his part. Guys who hit bottom will sometimes turn over a new leaf. If you sign enough guys who get dumped, you'll hit on a few of the guys who are ready to make that change.

Maybe Marinelli is a little better with those reclamation projects. Stresses effort. Gets rah rah over the player as he does it. Both good for a reclamation project.

But if you draft the malcontent high, he's coming out of college always having been The Guy, and hasn't hit bottom yet, hasn't even dropped yet, and will be unlikely to be ready to make any postive change. Why should he? What he's doing is working fine for him.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
That's not my opinion that is history. You can argue against history but the list of 1st round talented linebackers who are injury prone is a very short list.

And yes the injury is the issue. If you watched him at Notre Dame you can tell that guy is not the same player. It may not be physically but mentally he's not the player he was in college and the only thing I can think of is he has no confidence in his body.

Either way, it was as stupid pick and anyone who takes a injured college player in the 2nd round is STUPID. And the Cowboys have done it with Bruce Carter, Sean Lee and Jaylon Smith. Oh and that's actual 2nd round picks. It gets better with LVE he's actually a 1st round pick. Its moronic.

Its not your opinion but you are GUESSING that him not being the same player is related to his injury. OK. I dont see anyone around here suggesting that his problem relates to athleticism.

Every team gets burned on picks getting injured. Yes injuries knock them down but thats why they are second rounders in the first place. Drafting Jack has worked out great for the Jags and injuries really havent been an issue for either so far.

RS12

Reaction score
I bet Belichick laughs to this day at the rumor he was going to draft Jaylon at the end of round one in 2016.