Twitter: Nagy: Surtain has the tools Quinn is looking for

InTheZone

Reaction score
exactly and hes not ball hawk, rather have rook under cheaper deal with far more upside BTWEW we replaced BJ with diggs now we are upgrading the other side..

how long did it take BJ to be even solid? funny he did his bets work in contract year and his grades over in MIA are avg at best..hes good not the deal good...hes the next overpaid under whelming brandon Carr

so ridiculous those that think we should keep him use that stupid narratives we like ours guys, Jones got this correct by letting BJ walk..we got younger and better at CB especially if we add surtain or horn..
Jones was solid for us pretty much every year. Flip flopping positions never helped. Dont believe in the contract year rhetoric as just as many and most likely more fail in that year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jones was solid for us pretty much every year. Flip flopping positions never helped. Dont believe in the contract year rhetoric as just as many and most likely more fail in that year.
EXCUSES!!!

solid doesnt earn that kind of money, get it yet..let the money vs the terminology you just used plus add excuses in and the jones did the right thing..

InTheZone

Reaction score
EXCUSES!!!

solid doesnt earn that kind of money, get it yet..let the money vs the terminology you just used plus add excuses in and the jones did the right thing..
What I said is not an excuse. I never made an argument for paying or releasing him. Just stating that people need to quit talking about contract years in relation to overachieving and Jones, compared to the rest on the team, was not a bigger reason for our failures. Dont reach into my comments or look for gotchas, just understand the point being made.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
exactly and hes not ball hawk, rather have rook under cheaper deal with far more upside BTWEW we replaced BJ with diggs now we are upgrading the other side..

how long did it take BJ to be even solid? funny he did his bets work in contract year and his grades over in MIA are avg at best..hes good not the deal good...hes the next overpaid under whelming brandon Carr

so ridiculous those that think we should keep him use that stupid narratives we like ours guys, Jones got this correct by letting BJ walk..we got younger and better at CB especially if we add surtain or horn..

man if Dallas resigned BJ it would of been another bad contract to add to the stack.

quickccc

Reaction score
Uh, oh ..
Which means Philly is seeing all of our smoke signals and will make a trade move up ahead of us to select Surtain. .. Book it !!
:banghead:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So tell the Jets not to draft another QB in the top 5?

I wouldn't have.

They should've built around Darnold imo.

I'd rather have Kyle Wilson but what is the point if you put nothing around him.

The reason Dak was a success here in Dallas is because of the foundation around him. Just like how he would be out of the league by now had he gone to the Jets.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I wouldn't have.

They should've built around Darnold imo.

I'd rather have Kyle Wilson but what is the point if you put nothing around him.

The reason Dak was a success here in Dallas is because of the foundation around him. Just like how he would be out of the league by now had he gone to the Jets.
What about Goff then? He wasn’t robbed of talent around him?

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Jaycee seems to be better in man to man coverage. But honestly I would be happy with either. I do think that Patrick is more pro ready now. Jaycee may end up being better in a year or 2.

I wouldn't be made with Surtain... I just like Horn's film slightly better.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
When the second round corners are looking relatively the same as Surtain dont say I didnt warn about taking cb at 10 in a deep class
You gonna be disappointed when two corners go in the top 9 and 8 corners are picked in the top 40. The NFL is a passing league now. I will bet a house that a cornerback picked after 43 will not be better then Surtain/Horne.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
quinn doesnt play a lot of man and from the feedback that aggressive man that horn's plays hes very grabby, get away with a lot on colleges but hes yellow flags fest in the nfl..
But Quinn does run man to man if it is best to run man to man. Sherman played man to man against certain teams. I would much rather have a corner that can do it all. As for grabby; that can be coached out of a player.

blueblood70

Reaction score
But Quinn does run man to man if it is best to run man to man. Sherman played man to man against certain teams. I would much rather have a corner that can do it all. As for grabby; that can be coached out of a player.

they play far more zone from what I read...
all teams do all schemes at some point but the core to quinns defense is zone on the backend and a bit more pressure up front than Marinelli's schemes but hes not super aggressive by any means..

the new NFL is no set defenses , they all run flex and play hybrids, you know the ones Nolan just got fried for ..Nolan was scapegoated for payers that didnt have time or the capacity to pick up that defense quick enough...

at least quinns got some of his guys in here and more maybe coming post draft like KJ and Sherman..

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Surtain is the guy. . . . 02

jnday

Reaction score
Yawn...

A corner... lol..

Should’ve just kept Byron.
With the current rules in the league, which favors the offense, CBs have limited effect on winning games. There is not a Deion type of CB in the draft and it hasn’t been one in a long time. It really is a waste IMO to draft CBs early in the first round. The days of shut-down CBs is long gone. A great man to man coverage CB is worth more than other CBs and there is not a CB in this draft that could be called great at anything. I expect elite talent to be drafted when a top ten pick is used on a player and there is not an elite defender in this draft at any position.