Twitter: Nagy: Surtain has the tools Quinn is looking for

75boyz

Reaction score
for this? :huh:
Byron Jones signed a 5 year, $82,500,000 contract with the Miami Dolphins, including a $10,500,000 signing bonus, $54,375,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,500,000.

Yeah, I'm aware. The QB1, DE1, RB1, WR1, LB and a couple of o linemen for this team all currently have contracts that could be questioned as to being overpaid too.
What's the difference?

Can have a whole secondary of Deion's but if there ain't no sacks, the other QB will eventually make his completions.

I mean, unless your opinion of Lawrence and Gregory and jags is turning into Doomsday during this offseason.

Surtain's impact will be negligible.

Just my opinion.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
In a nightmare scenario where Surtain is off the board and Pitts/Sewell are also gone, I would think we'd take Horn at #10 and most wouldn't consider it much of a reach.

It'd be great to be able to trade down a few spots with someone like SD, pick up another 2nd and still get Horn if it came to that.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm aware. The QB1, DE1, RB1, WR1, LB and a couple of o linemen for this team all currently have contracts that could be questioned as to being overpaid too.
What's the difference?

Can have a whole secondary of Deion's but if there ain't no sacks, the other QB will eventually make his completions.

I mean, unless your opinion of Lawrence and Gregory and jags is turning into Doomsday during this offseason.

Surtain's impact will be negligible.

Just my opinion.

I hear you bro.. Gotta start somewhere. PS2 is a good place to start. Add a safety and a DT and we can be serviceable.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I am no means a draft expert and just trying to catch up on these prospects but I think I prefer one of the three at 10: Sewell, Slater or Surtain.

Typically I am against taking corners high. Top 10 is right on the edge for me. At least Surtain is bigger and provides some physical play. Plus, I like how he looks for the ball when it is in the air. It may not impact our defense much with the lack of a stud DT and having a one legged lb trying to cover RB and TE's though. I think I would prefer either of the Offensive lineman, but I would be fine with Surtain.

Reactions: CWR

stilltheguru

Reaction score
When the second round corners are looking relatively the same as Surtain dont say I didnt warn about taking cb at 10 in a deep class

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't have any problem whatsoever with Surtain at 10. He is a need and is a good pick for the 10th spot.

Pick Sewell and some 10 million dollar player is on the bench. Pick Pitts and the defense remains the sham that it is. Does he help the run defense - no, but that is another issue altogether.

Kwyn

Reaction score
We still letting coordinators make draft picks instead of the guys whose job it is?
Source?

I suppose coaches should have zero input into who we draft.

Is that the way we did it when Jimmy was here?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I’d definitely be happy with Surtain. His fundamentals, instincts, and understanding of the game for someone his age is outstanding.

Blue chip CB.
I also want attitude. A leader in the backfield that will charge the other players up around him. Tired of the soft, fake D we have been pretending to be. Need a player that consistently delivers on Sunday and will hold other weak links like J Smith accountable. Let's change the whole character of this D as a unit to be reckoned with.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We still letting coordinators make draft picks instead of the guys whose job it is?

Great post.

Well, when your GM is fake and your Director of Personnel is fake and your head coach is getting side cramps getting up and down to look at the board these things happen.

Aven8

Reaction score
Yawn...

A corner... lol..

Should’ve just kept Byron.

It’s boring but unfortunately all the D players early aren’t that great this year.

And had we kept Byron we wouldn’t have been able to keep Dak! ;)

slick325

Reaction score
If this team truly knew how to build a team, I mean truly knew how to build a team, this wouldn't even bring much consternation at all. If this team was not so hell bent on only improving via the draft or the occasional big in-season or off-season trade, and used free agency as a tool as well, we would not be bemoaning getting a potential added piece on the back end.

The Jones boys have the fan base just as muddled as their process and team building moves.