Twitter: Nagy: Surtain has the tools Quinn is looking for

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Nah I do.

I get the stance of wanting to get cheaper at corner.

I just hate that we’re going to use a 1st round pick for a corner when that position doesn’t have a big impact.

I want to know what the deal is with Jaelen Phillips medical.
Doesn’t have a big impact???? It has more impact today than at any point In the history of the league. It’s a passing league.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Nah I do.

I get the stance of wanting to get cheaper at corner.

I just hate that we’re going to use a 1st round pick for a corner when that position doesn’t have a big impact.
Wow. What game are you watching on Sundays? It sure isn’t football.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
College ball is different than pro ball. He's a walking defensive holding penalty in the NFL. Just watch any highlight video or draft profile on him and you'll see it.

Then it does not say much for the other CB who were picking up penalties. I watched him at Bama, I watched as QB avoided him. He is physical in man coverage and has the intelligence to play in zone coverages including cover 3. I have nothing again Horn and would not be upset with him. Farley I am more fearful because he has had 2 back surgeries and I really do not want a player who comes in as a 1st as damaged good right off the bat. There are other players in this draft whom I think are worthy of the 10 outside of the CB but Surtain rated out as the best CB in this draft by many

InTheZone

Reaction score
I dont know much about Surtain other than I recognized the name from 20 years ago, but I would say he has the tools for any DC if he has a 1st round grade.

blueblood70

Reaction score
for this? :huh:
Byron Jones signed a 5 year, $82,500,000 contract with the Miami Dolphins, including a $10,500,000 signing bonus, $54,375,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,500,000.
exactly and hes not ball hawk, rather have rook under cheaper deal with far more upside BTWEW we replaced BJ with diggs now we are upgrading the other side..

how long did it take BJ to be even solid? funny he did his bets work in contract year and his grades over in MIA are avg at best..hes good not the deal good...hes the next overpaid under whelming brandon Carr

so ridiculous those that think we should keep him use that stupid narratives we like ours guys, Jones got this correct by letting BJ walk..we got younger and better at CB especially if we add surtain or horn..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jaycee seems to be better in man to man coverage. But honestly I would be happy with either. I do think that Patrick is more pro ready now. Jaycee may end up being better in a year or 2.
quinn doesnt play a lot of man and from the feedback that aggressive man that horn's plays hes very grabby, get away with a lot on colleges but hes yellow flags fest in the nfl..

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
College ball is different than pro ball. He's a walking defensive holding penalty in the NFL. Just watch any highlight video or draft profile on him and you'll see it.
First thing I thought of when watching some highlights as well.
It seemed as though every play I was thinking that is an easy PI call in the NFL.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
quinn doesnt play a lot of man and from the feedback that aggressive man that horn's plays hes very grabby, get away with a lot on colleges but hes yellow flags fest in the nfl..

It won’t bother me too much if we draft Horn, but yes, fans better get ready for a flag fest with him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Patrick Surtain is quite likely to be the preference of the Cowboys' staff.

Other than that, Horn may be favored if PS is gone before our first pick.

I'm pretty confident that Dan Quinn wouldn't be adverse to either player.

In the event that the staff has reservations about Horn, Parsons will do.

Last edited: