Name some all time classic movies that you've never seen

quickccc

Reaction score
You must must MUST watch The Bridge on the River Kwai. Trust me. You will never look at Obi-Wan Kenobi the same way ever again if you do. You will also know what my nonsense means if you do watch it. :laugh:

thanks i will most definitely place this one at the top of my Must See listing. .. Funny though how it's a classic but i don't hear the talk
as i do Naked Prey ...Maltese Falcon....African Queen ... etc.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes, ..Schindler's List... The Passion Of The Christ.. Hotel Rwanda..... Rosewood ....The Hate U give ...The Hurricane ....Alive .... .... etc. .and particular these because they are based off true story events and they come at you so up front close to you, so they take to some the hardest emotion and empathy is us.
I have seen all those except for Alive. For me solely, none of them compare to Passion in my degree of emotional response. Kinda like getting five gut punches, opposed to standing beside one exploding car.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thanks i will most definitely place this one at the top of my Must See listing. .. Funny though how it's a classic but i don't hear the talk
as i do Naked Prey ...Maltese Falcon....African Queen ... etc.
I think polling enough movie lovers will net a good consensus list of classics, while some preferred classics might be subject to question. Take American Film Institute's 100 movies list for example.

AFI submitted a ballot of 400 nominated movies to its members. The official ballot link is shown below:

https://prdaficalmjediwestussa.blob.core.windows.net/images/2019/08/Movies_ballot_06.pdf

Both The Maltese Falcon and The African Queen were voted as top 100 all-time films, while The Naked Prey was not nominated despite its own theatrical statute. In the end, I think it matters most having *enough* movie lovers weigh in on their choices of classics. Usually there is always more agreement than there is disagreement.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I have never watched Titanic or Avatar, or ET. Only seen 10 minutes of each roughly.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
The godfather saga
I just never cared for movies or tv shows about organized crime. I've never seen the Sopranos or boardwalk empire either

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The Godfather I can understand...Even Animal House, depending on your age........but Caddyshack??? Okay, I guess I can see that too, depending on your age.

To be honest, I don't think the humor in the latter two would hold up today. They're both pretty corny at times. But when they came out, they were top notch comedy.

Yeah, I think of the three I’m most likely to try and sit and watch Caddyshack.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Everyone has different tastes.
What's makes the world go around as they say.

These types of threads are interesting though in how people will stereotype a genre of a movie and really not realize that its not what they think it is.

People watch "reality TV shows" but show them a movie or series with amazing writing/story-line, casting, scenery, acting.....they have no interest due to preconceived notions.

It's like someone who just flat out loves overweight midget women with acne and mustaches but find Bella Hadid or Halle Berry hideous.

And that's fine. No harm, no foul.
:laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

These types of threads are interesting though in how people will stereotype a genre of a movie and really not realize that its not what they think it is.

People watch "reality TV shows" but show them a movie or series with amazing writing/story-line, casting, scenery, acting.....they have no interest due to preconceived notions.

It's like someone who just flat out loves overweight midget women with acne and mustaches but find Bella Hadid or Halle Berry hideous.

Only demons have tastes like that.

jsb357

Reaction score
Of what I would call classics...

Lawrence of Arabia.
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Citizen Cane
On the Waterfront

Some of the movies listed on this thread?

:rolleyes:

Creeper

Reaction score
I'm not a Bogart fan. How he's ever been seen as a tough guy is baffling. He looks like someone cut the head off a 7th grader and replaced it with the Janitor's head.

Edward G. Robinson was one of the all time great bad guys and he was about 2 foot one.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.afi.com/afis-100-years-100-movies/

I did something similar as @DFWJC but used the American Film Institute's The 100 Greatest American Movies of All Time list. Here are the seven out of the list I have not seen all and/or possibility will never voluntarily see each film below in its entirety:

24. RAGING BULL (1980) [one day I will see the whole thing I hope]
25. ET.: THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL (1982) [the one notable Spielberg film I boycott]
37. THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES (1946) [maybe]
44. THE BIRTH OF A NATION (1915) [got through most of it though but will never finish it.]
68. AN AMERICAN IN PARIS (1951) [maybe]
73. WUTHERING HEIGHTS (1939) [one day I will see the whole thing I hope]
74. THE GOLD RUSH (1925) [not sure]

It is a fun webpage in my opinion. Visitors can manually check off each film's checkbox they have seen. The webpage provides a real-time total of watched movies from their list. The same practice can be done for their various lists.
Cool link. Sadly, I've only seen 30 of those movies and I doubt I will see the ones I haven't seen yet. What is weird is I haven't seen Gone With the Wind because I lived in a very small town for a few years that had a small movie theater. It would play old movies and "B" grade movies. Movies like Star Wars or Jaws didn't get shown there. Anyway, no matter the movie most of the kids would fill the place up because there was nothing else to do. Gone With the Wind played there one weekend and I had no desire to see it.

kskboys

Reaction score

How big of a mustache?