Name Your Low Cost Free Agents

bodi

Reaction score
Jon Asamoah, 6-foot-4, 305 pounds, will be only 26 next season. He just completed his fourth season in Kansas City, where he was a full-time starter in 2011 and 2012. He started nine games in 2013 as a calf injury and, ultimately, Schwartz's play, pushed him to the sidelines.

Here are Asamoah's Pro Football Focus grades the past three seasons:
•2011 (+8.9): In 1,089 snaps Asamoah surrendered two sacks. His pass-blocking score was +13.5, but his run-blocking was only -6.9.
•2012: (+15.0): That score placed Asamoah 10th overall among guards who played at least 25 percent of their team's snaps. In 1,022 snaps Asamoah surrendered three sacks, scored +3.7 in pass protection and +8.0 in run-blocking.
•2013 (+6.6): In 682 snaps Asamoah gave up just one sack, had a +4.6 pass-protection grade and a+0.5 run-blocking grade. That got him benched in Kansas City, where Schwartz scored a dominant +18.6 while starting seven games.

Asamoah was billed as a nasty run blocker coming out of Illinois

http://media.kcchiefs.com/players/active-roster/asamoah,-jon.aspx

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
He's a headcase, but I'd think about a guy like Kenny Britt.

I doubt he commands much on the market. He'll only be 26 next season and he did look promising at times. This last year was a hot mess, so he'd be cheap.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
DE Alex Hall - 6'5 250 and had 16 sacks last season (CFL)
DB Brandon Hardin - big CB/S who is familiar with Marinelli's system; oft injured but very physical and great timed speed
DT Mitch King/David Veikune/Matt Roth - undersized DTs who are currently out of the NFL but still young enough & right size and mindset for 3 tech spot
LB Jason Williams - has become a very good STer and has the athleticism and physicality to prosper in a Marinelli 4-3
KR/Slot Chad Owens - clutch playmaker for Argonauts
QB Ricky Ray - another productive season and another Grey Cup

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
While I don't think he'll be cheap, I think Randy Starks will sign for a lot less than he thinks. I'd be interested if his price comes down to something we can afford. I don't watch the Vikings enough to know what kind of contract Charlie Johnson will command, but if we can sign him as o-line depth, that would also be great.