NASCAR 2012 Season Thread

jimmy40

Reaction score
Risen Star;4719218 said:
I thought for sure I'd see some Gordon fans in here rejoicing.

1 point over Kyle Busch. While I like the result I think Nascar should have postponed that race until Sunday. I don't know why you want to work around the rain and mess up the entire race that sets your playoff field.
I like Gordon and I might have rejoiced if I wouldn't have fell asleep during the rain delay and missed the rest of the race.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;4735977 said:
Good.

Or maybe I should say AWESOME!

His bad luck continues. Running in the top 5 with a real shot to maybe win and his throttle sticks.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the record, my pick to win the title this year is Brad Keselowski.

I picked him before the chase opener. He just has the look of the guy most likely to get on a run.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Risen Star;4736108 said:
For the record, my pick to win the title this year is Brad Keselowski.

I picked him before the chase opener. He just has the look of the guy most likely to get on a run.

Lets hope not!

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Anyone going to the October 13th race in Charlotte, NC?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The chase is a three horse race. 2, 11 and 48. One is your next champion. Jr. was an also ran.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4779185 said:
Wasn't a factor before his concussion.

The original injury happened before the chase started. The Talladega wreck aggrevated the injury.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;4779201 said:
The original injury happened before the chase started. The Talladega wreck aggrevated the injury.

Jr. nation has it's excuse.

He had absolutely no chance to win it. He was a fraud all year. He never ran as well as his point position. That's a credit to the crew chief making the rights calls and turning a 10-15th place car into the top 10 every week.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Risen Star;4779205 said:
Jr. nation has it's excuse.

He had absolutely no chance to win it. He was a fraud all year. He never ran as well as his point position. That's a credit to the crew chief making the rights calls and turning a 10-15th place car into the top 10 every week.

I think it's fair to say he ran as good as I've seen him in quite some time. That's obvious. Jr. nation will always be behind him no matter what. He just isn't his dad.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;4780473 said:
I think it's fair to say he ran as good as I've seen him in quite some time. That's obvious. Jr. nation will always be behind him no matter what. He just isn't his dad.

He would have been better served if his last name wasn't Earnhardt.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;4780613 said:

The only reason he got the chances he had is due to his last name.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4780653 said:
The only reason he got the chances he had is due to his last name.

I know but had he come up through the ranks without the added pressure of being an Earnhardt he might not be viewed the way he is. But I am in the camp that says he is a very average driver skill wise.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;4780613 said:

If his last name wasn't Earnhardt, I don't know if he'd even be in the Cup series.

His name has been a blessing.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Risen Star;4780667 said:
If his last name wasn't Earnhardt, I don't know if he'd even be in the Cup series.

His name has been a blessing.

He certainly had more success at DEI.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WPBCowboysFan;4780803 said:
He certainly had more success at DEI.

I'm not trying to say he doesn't have the talent to be in the Cup series. He's won about 20 races, he's been in the chase many times. He clearly does. But there are a lot of drivers who have had that same talent over the years but never had the opportunities he's had. Racing is just as much about money as it is talent. Jr. has always been blessed with top equipment and sponsorship through his career.

If I were him I wouldn't be cursing my name. That's for sure. It's pretty much made him what he is. The hands down most popular driver in the sport is so popular because of what somebody else did.