National Championship Game Thread

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I must say...

I am impressed by Reggie Bush and Lindale White. Very good runners. I hate how Bush runs out of bounds alot...that just bugs me...reminds me too much of Hambone...

- Mike G.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
T-New41 said:
More exciting, College Bowl Games or NFL playoffs?
Def Bowl games, unless I am watching my Boys!!! Go BUCS!!!!

Agree'd, I think college bowls are more exciting unless its our freaking boys. Dont go bucs!!!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
T-New41 said:

No way...

Nothing tops the NFL.

I would watch a Cowboys Preseason game...the 1st half at least over any Bowl Game...I know, pretty stupid...but I love the NFL Product.

I cant wait for this weekend, just wish we could be playing...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy said:
My highschool band was better than this. I'm not just saying that becasue I was in it either. :D
I know my high school band was better than that...

I mean UT really play a theme song from a TV show...

Ugh that's horrible...

They'd have done better bringing back Ashlee Simpson.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
How many Pros you see on this squad...by just eyballin it of course...
USC

Justice OT
Leinart QB
White RB
Bush RB
Smith WR
Jarrett WR
Bing S
Byrd TE

Texas

Wright DT
Huff S
Griffin S
Young QB
Taylor WR
Scott OT
Harris LB

Man, I know I'm missing guys too.

That is unreal.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Like What?

They better start giving Lindale White the ball. They were very successful double blocking Rodderick Wright and getting up to the 2nd level.

The Trojans certainly need to put pressure on Young because he has had all day to sit back there.... The Trojans have been able to run the ball in the first half, Matt needs to get into a groove early in the second half and Vince needs some grass stains on his uni

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:
Agree'd, I think college bowls are more exciting unless its our freaking boys. Dont go bucs!!!

Well, since they are playing the skins and I will puke if the Skins make post-season noise, GO BUCS temporarily

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
My highschool band was better than this. I'm not just saying that becasue I was in it either. :D
My HS Band was good because I wasn't allowed anywhere near them.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
1. I believe the announcers were totally wrong on the INC call when they thought Texas intercepted...on one on Texas sideline even complained because he never got a foot down...if he got his foot down on the ground, making it a catch, then the ground can't cause the fumble in college. But he leaped up, caught the ball and landed on his back, losing the ball immediately....by rule, I believe that's no different than if he'd lost the ball as his foot hit the ground...no catch...you can't have control in the air without any ground contact.

2. The Texas TD with Young's knee down was a ridiculous miscall, and while I can't believe the replay booth screwed it up while eating donuts (joke), Texas gets at least a fg anyway, and more than likely USC wasn't going to stop them on that drive...so no biggie for the game other than the fact that it's embarrassing to have such a bad call in a championship game.

3. That Texas defense is for real....at first it looked like USC was going to run away with this game...besides the 10 points they scored, USC looked like they were going to get a score when Bush got excited and tried to lateral...they had another TD when Jarrett missed the pass (great call)...and then Leinart misjudged the Texas speed when he lobbed that pass to the endzone, thinking his guy was wide open...INT....that was no result of a weak arm as you've seen him rope some throws when needed...he just blew it by lobbing it.

4. USC seems afraid of being beaten deep...Young is having a great game, but any QB could make the passes he's making to wide open guys in the 8-12 yard range...they keep saying no USC rush...I just think Young is getting rid of the ball too fast for any pass rush...he's not just standing back there surveying the field...he's taking his snap, making his fake, and the ball is gone to a wide open guy...USC will have to tighten up underneath and hope they don't get burned deep.

5. Young's running is amazing...he looks slow because he's so tall, but no one even gets a decent shot at him....impressive.

6. First possession by Texas will tell most of us who are sleepy how the the 2nd half will go.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:
The Trojans certainly need to put pressure on Young because he has had all day to sit back there.... The Trojans have been able to run the ball in the first half, Matt needs to get into a groove early in the second half and Vince needs some grass stains on his uni

Right.

I think Matt may have been whoosy after being hit by the safety while going down.

This is probably a bad analogy.

But you remember the Miami/Nebraska Game a couple of years ago.

Nebraska was ABSOLUTELY shell shocked by the speed of the Hurricanes.

I dont think Matt Leinhart expected such speed Texas brings..

- Mike G.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
T-New41 said:

100% NFL Playoffs. This mythical national title stuff is for the birds. Now if there were an D-I playoff then that'd get my vote over anything but a Cowboys' Super Bowl game.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:

Nice adjustments by the Defence