National Championship ND vs Bama

DFWJC

Reaction score
Diogenes;4950163 said:
I'm going to miss ACC basketball, but I'm so glad my Terps bailed on that conference.

ACC was not too bad this bowl season?
Clemson over LSU
GT hammered USC...though they not great
FSU won their BCS game but the opponent was not grt

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
Manti Teo got flat out owned tonight. Heisman? Riiiiiiight. Its not going to get any easier playing on sundays.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That Bama line is one the best I've ever seen at the college level.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
sadrudysequel.gif

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;4950184 said:
Manti Teo got flat out owned tonight. Heisman? Riiiiiiight. Its not going to get any easier playing on sundays.

yeah he actually played real players tonight and was invisible

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
yimyammer;4950194 said:
The rich get richer:

http://*************/a/img16/244/richd.jpg

Musburger was quite enamoured with the ex Miss Alabama wasn't he?

I wonder what her Auburn sorority sisters think of her wearing Alabama red.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
crazytown41;4950062 said:
Yup. Agree. Although I get a kick when people beat around the bush and say ALA has better "athletes".

Just compare the 2 schools academic standards and you'll see why ALA has better "athletes" :)

Notre Dame honks always bring up those standards when they get killed by a real program.

crazytown41

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4950295 said:
Notre Dame honks always bring up those standards when they get killed by a real program.
Well it's not like it's not true. Wanna bet which SAT scores were higher Teo or Lacey? :D

BTW: I'm no "Notre Dame honk". Don't care for either program. Thought ORE should've been there instead of ND

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
crazytown41;4949955 said:
If it wasn't for the ND refs screwing over Stanford, Oregon would be here. They'd put a much more competitive fight. We have proof of it from just a couple years ago.

Displaced Cowboy;4949969 said:
The proper person to assign blame for this disaster happening is the Pitt kicker.

Both true, ... what a great night!

Most games I always want to see a tight contest, this one went exactly like I wanted it to.

They didn't belong on the same field with Alabama. Te O was so over-rated, .. did you see all of the awards he won ??

People wanted ND to be relevant again so bad, so they put them where they didn't belong. Reminds of the dad that puts his kid at shortstop when he isn't good enough.

:D

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4950294 said:
Musburger was quite enamoured with the ex Miss Alabama wasn't he?

She had to put out a restraining order on him by halftime !

:laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Major props to Bama. That OL put on one heck of a show as they were blowing ND players off the line. They never had a chance. Total physical domination.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4950421 said:
Major props to Bama. That OL put on one heck of a show as they were blowing ND players off the line. They never had a chance. Total physical domination.

I have coached for about 20 years, so I guess it is the coach in me.

But I always enjoy watching dominant teams dominate. I appreciate that so much.

Because I know how hard it is to get your team to that level, and how hard it is to repeat that each year after another.

Occasionally I cheer for an underdog, but I also enjoy when the best teams prove why they are the best team.

I cheer for Saban because he is a West Virginia boy. I watched him play his high school ball locally. I shouldn't say it quite like that, .. I only saw him play a couple of times. But I saw his team come in to our field, and beat our high school 40-0. And we were undefeated conference champs at the time.

I also always love when ND loses. My disdain for ND helps me understand why everyone hates the Dallas Cowboys.

They hate us when we win, and hate us because the media puffs us up when we aren't good and lose.

Just like ND.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4950465 said:
I have coached for about 20 years, so I guess it is the coach in me.

But I always enjoy watching dominant teams dominate. I appreciate that so much.

Because I know how hard it is to get your team to that level, and how hard it is to repeat that each year after another.

Occasionally I cheer for an underdog, but I also enjoy when the best teams prove why they are the best team.

I cheer for Saban because he is a West Virginia boy. I watched him play his high school ball locally. I shouldn't say it quite like that, .. I only saw him play a couple of times. But I saw his team come in to our field, and beat our high school 40-0. And we were undefeated conference champs at the time.

I also always love when ND loses. My disdain for ND helps me understand why everyone hates the Dallas Cowboys.

They hate us when we win, and hate us because the media puffs us up when we aren't good and lose.

Just like ND.

Given the depths ND has fallen to over the last few years they have nothing to be ashamed of making it to the National Championship. That staff has done a great job of getting talent to go to ND and I think Brain Kelly will get this program even stronger.

As for Bama there totally dominated the lines of scrimmage and when you can do that you can pretty much move the ball at will. Hard to tackle a big RB when you are falling backwards. I give Bama all the credit for a great performance

Plankton

Reaction score
With 37 days (Alabama) and 44 days (ND) between the last regular season games and the title game, that kind of layoff will favor the team with greater depth and the better coaching staff. Alabama was ahead in both counts.

Give them credit. This was a total beatdown, and Alabama is ridiculously deep with outstanding coaching and preparation. Notre Dame did not have the depth, or the coaching staff, to hang in this game. Saban would be a fool to consider leaving Alabama with the talent that he has brought to the school.