NBA 2015 Season Talk

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
but the best off-season in sports starts tuesday night:)
the nba has figured out to stretch the calendar year better than anyone, even the nfl.

can't agree with that. maybe because I don't care about summer league. but at most the NFL hits a lul in May, June and July, but for me, the NBA is done for the next 4 months (really longer, cause I don't tune in till like January)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
can't agree with that. maybe because I don't care about summer league. but at most the NFL hits a lul in May, June and July, but for me, the NBA is done for the next 4 months (really longer, cause I don't tune in till like January)

The NFL has by far the best draft but stars change teams in the NBA every off-season. Teams have very active off-seasons which sucks the fans in.
The cap has become a tool to force NBA teams to make frequent changes.
That is exciting. The summer league doesn't hold a ton of interest but then again neither does the NFL pre-season.

The NBA is what the NFL would be without franchise tags.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
NBA free agency may be more fun than the NFLs, but the draft process runs concurrently with free agency. and nfl training camp and pre season are tons more popular than sumer league and pre season.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
For the hardcore fans... (may not all be NBA products, but the NBA picks up brand points in them all)

The Fiba under-19 games have been on youtube.... live & replays...
Here is the game vs Egypt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1440&v=YnJcMw030_Q
Todays game against Argentina, round of 16 starts around 11am

Summer League starts next week...
http://www.nba.com/summerleague/

TBT, a 1million dollar tourney starts in July. Championship game Aug 2nd on ESPN (great street ball tourney with former NBA players, former College Stars, and street ballers... Im going for the Seattle team with Crawford, Nate Robinson, & Terrence Williams)
http://www.thetournament.com

Nb bball in aug after the 2nd, but the Euros start in Sept ( I think nba tv will be broadcasting some games, could be wrong)
http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2015.roundID_9322.html

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
NBA free agency may be more fun than the NFLs, but the draft process runs concurrently with free agency. and nfl training camp and pre season are tons more popular than sumer league and pre season.

NBA free agency trumps all that nonsense easily.

The NFL pre-season is really nothing at all.
We get excited for it and by 5 minutes into game 1 we realize we needn't bother until "dress rehearsal".
Training camps keep getting shortened and consist of practice reports tweeted out one or two lines as a time.

The NFL draft is fun but nothing like talking about actual top of the league guys changing teams.
The NBA remakes itself every season right now and it is kinda weird but very much a fan delight.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
NBA free agency trumps all that nonsense easily.

The NFL pre-season is really nothing at all.
We get excited for it and by 5 minutes into game 1 we realize we needn't bother until "dress rehearsal".
Training camps keep getting shortened and consist of practice reports tweeted out one or two lines as a time.

The NFL draft is fun but nothing like talking about actual top of the league guys changing teams.
The NBA remakes itself every season right now and it is kinda weird but very much a fan delight.

The NBA Off season being a fan delight is kinda subjective, depending on the team you back. As a Spurs fan, over the years I've been very spoiled about our stars staying put. This off season has been pretty good with the addition of LMA, but I feel bad for the Blazers fans. To start last season, they looked like they would be a contender for the next few years, just picked up some solid role players and still a fairly young team with lots of promise. Don't know how delighted they are today, that team has just been gutted, gotta be heart breaking.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The NBA Off season being a fan delight is kinda subjective, depending on the team you back. As a Spurs fan, over the years I've been very spoiled about our stars staying put. This off season has been pretty good with the addition of LMA, but I feel bad for the Blazers fans. To start last season, they looked like they would be a contender for the next few years, just picked up some solid role players and still a fairly young team with lots of promise. Don't know how delighted they are today, that team has just been gutted, gotta be heart breaking.

Yea, it is a double-edged sword.
It can certainly be gut-wrenching but of all the sports no league is more year to year then the NBA and that spikes off-season interest like crazy.
The entire league's fanbase had an interest where the top 5 or 6 guys went.
It is a fantasy style roster remake virtually every year.
Really good at pulling in younger fans with shorter attention spans.
And for a bunch of 40 year olds sitting at work, it is a heck of a lot better distraction just rating the same old roster versus the other same old rosters.

Opt ins and outs, nba draft, trades, free agency, summer league, roster finalization === offseason success. I mean it really is deserving of one of those 100 emoticans....

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yea, it is a double-edged sword.
It can certainly be gut-wrenching but of all the sports no league is more year to year then the NBA and that spikes off-season interest like crazy.
The entire league's fanbase had an interest where the top 5 or 6 guys went.
It is a fantasy style roster remake virtually every year.
Really good at pulling in younger fans with shorter attention spans.
And for a bunch of 40 year olds sitting at work, it is a heck of a lot better distraction just rating the same old roster versus the other same old rosters.

Opt ins and outs, nba draft, trades, free agency, summer league, roster finalization === offseason success. I mean it really is deserving of one of those 100 emoticans....

This is the first time in quite awhile that I kept checking for news repeatedly throughout those first few days of free agency. Since chasing after Jason Kidd that the Spurs targeted a big time FA, it was a little nerve wracking for awhile there. Spurs fans are so spoiled in that sense, pretty secure in the fact the main guys will be back(with team friendly deals) and just sign mid-tier guys to fill out the roster. PATFO are so secretive about their intentions, as fans you just learn to trust them. Check in on our Euro stashes from time to time and see if any are ready to make the jump. Off seasons had been fairly quiet otherwise.

This year was very different, 10 players becoming FA, just knew the team was going to look different from the last few years. This year just seems there is much more movement. Summer league much more interesting as well, Becky HC for one of the teams, a couple of our Euro guys playing and a genuine need that a couple of guys produce and make the roster.

Next year gonna be a crazy year as well with the big cap jump looming.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This is the first time in quite awhile that I kept checking for news repeatedly throughout those first few days of free agency. Since chasing after Jason Kidd that the Spurs targeted a big time FA, it was a little nerve wracking for awhile there. Spurs fans are so spoiled in that sense, pretty secure in the fact the main guys will be back(with team friendly deals) and just sign mid-tier guys to fill out the roster. PATFO are so secretive about their intentions, as fans you just learn to trust them. Check in on our Euro stashes from time to time and see if any are ready to make the jump. Off seasons had been fairly quiet otherwise.

This year was very different, 10 players becoming FA, just knew the team was going to look different from the last few years. This year just seems there is much more movement. Summer league much more interesting as well, Becky HC for one of the teams, a couple of our Euro guys playing and a genuine need that a couple of guys produce and make the roster.

Next year gonna be a crazy year as well with the big cap jump looming.

Spurs get West and Ginnobili coming back. How sweet it is!!