NBA 2015 Season Talk

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I like Iguodala but no way would I have voted him as MVP. He had a great series but come on, he is getting the MVP for guarding James, who had a monster series.

PPG 35.8
APG 8.8
RPG 13.3

James lead all players, both teams, in each of these areas. First time it's ever been done. How are you going to give the MVP to a guy for allowing this? Not taking anything away from Iggy but to me, James is the MVP and if you are not going to give it to him because he is on the losing team (which happens a lot), then it's Curry IMO. JMO

yeh, shooting 39% from the field (shot 31% two different games)... And I bet that number plummeted when Iggy was guarding him...
Not to mention the pressure Iggy put on him.. and keep in mind he didn't start until game 4
at 49% from the field, 16.6 pts, 1.5 stls, 4.5 assist, and 38% from 3..... I'm okay with him winning it...
when GS was struggling, he was the only one playing well.

Last edited:

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Andre Iguodala's defense on LeBron helps him win Finals MVP

When Iguodala was in the game, LeBron James shot 38.1 percent from the field, scoring 26 points per 36 minutes with 2.9 turnovers. With Iguodala on the bench, James shot 44 percent, averaging 35 points per 36 minutes with 2.2 turnovers. With Iguodala as the primary defender, opponents shot 37.2 percent overall, and he gave up free throws the same percentage of time (10.8 percent) that he forced a turnover, via Synergy Sports. Those are steller defensive numbers.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25216834/andre-iguodala-wins-2015-nba-finals-mvp

its the minutia..... his body of work was outstanding... Man I wish we were watching the finals together ABQ! :D

Last edited:

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
yeh, shooting 39% from the field (shot 31% two different games)... And I bet that number plummeted when Iggy was guarding him...
Not to mention the pressure Iggy put on him.. and keep in mind he didn't start until game 4
at 49% from the field, 16.6 pts, 1.5 stls, 4.5 assist, and 38% from 3..... I'm okay with him winning it...
when GS was struggling, he was the only one playing well.

oh, and 6 rebs :D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
MVP: Was always going to be a tough call but I like the Iggy call.
He turned the series around with his defense on LeBron. Much the way it turned in games 2 and 3 for CLE because of Delly's defense on Curry.
As good as Curry is offensively he is Steve Nash on defense and that's no bueno.
Without the best 2 guard defender and best SF defender on the team I am not sure he'd be getting all these rave reviews.
LeBron was still the MVP but you can't give it to a guy who's team loses 4-2.

Blatt/LeBron: Blatt is a lot better coach than given credit for. He's got plenty of skins on every level but the NBA and now has been to the Finals there.
Blatt gives them a solid head coach who isn't panicking or licking LBJ's boots.
He's handling a diva superstar and has been critical in CLE getting vastly better defensively in just one season.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
He turned the series around with his defense on LeBron. Much the way it turned in games 2 and 3 for CLE because of Delly's defense on Curry.
As good as Curry is offensively he is Steve Nash on defense and that's no bueno.
Without the best 2 guard defender and best SF defender on the team I am not sure he'd be getting all these rave reviews.

Blatt/LeBron: Blatt is a lot better coach than given credit for. He's got plenty of skins on every level but the NBA and now has been to the Finals there.
He's handling a diva superstar and has been critical in CLE getting vastly better defensively in just one season.

Blatt is a good coach. But his mistakes were magnified because he's a rookie in the NBA... and well, he's coaching Lebron.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Blatt is a good coach. But his mistakes were magnified because he's a rookie in the NBA... and well, he's coaching Lebron.

Blatt is better than McHale and LeBron's last coach by a good bit imho.

Nobody gave Phil much credit either til he won without MJ.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Blatt is better than McHale and LeBron's last coach by a good bit imho.

Nobody gave Phil much credit either til he won without MJ.

I'm not going that far yet.... but he's a solid coach...
Anyone who inherent Lebron, is inheriting the "Lebron Offense"...
so LBJ's input will always be great... The Princeton was nowhere to be found...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm not going that far yet.... but he's a solid coach...
Anyone who inherent Lebron, is inheriting the "Lebron Offense"...
so LBJ's input will always be great... The Princeton was nowhere to be found...

yea his impact was all on defense but that team was insanely upgraded on that end of the floor.
and lebron aside the other guys played their heart out for him. or lebron...

but he didn't look like mchale who never seems ot have answers if his initial plan doesn't work.
mchale is rather shockingly bad. he got pretty poor stuff from d12 largely because he could only get him the ball when the guy they signed mid-season that knew him from aau played as point forward.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
yea his impact was all on defense but that team was insanely upgraded on that end of the floor.
and lebron aside the other guys played their heart out for him. or lebron...

but he didn't look like mchale who never seems ot have answers if his initial plan doesn't work.
mchale is rather shockingly bad. he got pretty poor stuff from d12 largely because he could only get him the ball when the guy they signed mid-season that knew him from aau played as point forward.

I never thought Mchale was a great coach... and I definitely wouldn't want him as my GM...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I never thought Mchale was a great coach... and I definitely wouldn't want him as my GM...

you mean you don't want the only guy to ever get caught having a forbidden signed contract locked in the team safe running your team? LOL.

i was never a celtics guy but i love carlisle and respect the mess out of bird. mchale just looks like lurch and inspires the same level of basketball confidence for me.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
you mean you don't want the only guy to ever get caught having a forbidden signed contract locked in the team safe running your team? LOL.

i was never a celtics guy but i love carlisle and respect the mess out of bird. mchale just looks like lurch and inspires the same level of basketball confidence for me.

zactly!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Why you call?
Didn't he come in starting game 4?

Didn't the warriors look lost. Did you see look on Curry's face towards end of game 3. Did you see look on Kerr's face?

Iggy saved them.

If LeBron had iggy. Cavs win.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Kyrie and love play the cavs would've won the finals. good series though even without 2 of their best players. Cavs should've been up 3-0 and blew it.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
an opinion/outlook on Kyrie's injury:

From there, when Kyrie resumes full basketball activity, he should be fully functional pretty quickly. Almost every player who's suffered a fractured patella in the last decade, per Prosportstransactions.com, has made a full return from the injury. This includes an obvious star in Blake Griffin, who missed his entire rookie season with the injury after delaying surgery, but (#Hottake) appears to have suffered minimal longterm deficits in his athleticism because of it. Ditto for John Wall, who missed the first couple of months in 2012-2013 with a patellar stress fracture. Jarvis Hayes, Jeff Foster, A.J. Price, and Randy Foye have all suffered the injury, and all missed little more than a couple months after surgery and returned at nearly the same level of play. Greg Oden and Antonio McDyess both were never really the same after their patellar fractures, but in both cases, that was the last in a long line of serious knee issues they had suffered from. Nick Young, this year and last, is the only player to have suffered the injury twice in the last decade, so there's the precedent that it could happen again. However, the norm appears to be a full recovery with minimal effects on the player's effectiveness.

http://www.fearthesword.com/2015/6/...rm-effects-of-kyrie-irvings-patellar-fracture