NBA 2015 Season Talk

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Yes, Clyde was very good but Houston did just fine the year before without him. The next season, Drexler wanted out of Portland and to finish his career out at home. He came in at the trade deadline and finished out the season and got himself a ring. He didn't even play all of the remaining games as he was oft-injured, especially the following season.

One of the all-time greats but he should not even be mentioned in the likes of Jordan, Hakeem, Kobe, etc, etc.

Like I said, he was not nearly the same player when he arrived in H-Town....he was 33 years old with tired legs.

My dad had Rockets season tickets from '85 to '97 and I went to 90% of their games from '90 to '95........so I think my knowledge of them is very good :)

Maybe that is why I am so passionate about Olajuwon....he was my sports role-model in my maturing years. Even met him a few times and personally drove him around in a golf cart for half a day.

I admit that my basketball knowledge isn't that great after 1998, but up until then.......I think I know what I am talking about concerning the Rockets :laugh:

Drexler retired after that season if I'm correct (or the season after), so yeh he was not the same..
But Hak had good help.... and great players need just that... good help....

btw, definitely not questioning your knowledge, just difference of opinion.

bounce

Reaction score
I know that people are down on Lebron because of his cockiness in proclaiming his greatness. Jordan would never say that.

Wait...crap....(1:21)

Oh...well, Kobe would never say that, anyway.

Wait...what?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
All were role players at the time. Horry was very young then and his game didn't develop until well after the championship years. Not one of the above mentioned could have carried the team if Olajuwon got injured and they would not have even sniffed the playoffs.

No doubt that Hakeem had some clutch players around him but they were not stars in their own right. Horry got his reputation cemented in Los Angeles.

Of course but Olajuwan is one of the greatest players of all time. You will not find a bigger fan of Olajuwan then me. I'm from the Houston area. Watched him when he played for the Cougars, saw him play in 83 with Phi Slama Jama against Valvano and his Wolfpack NCSt. team in Albuquerque. Believe me, I am a believer in Olajuwan as one of the top 5 players of all time. You can't displace Olajuwon and expect to win anything. He's too good a player and everything was designed to go through him. Having said that, he was not the only guy. He had some good players IMO, who he played with on those teams.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Drexler retired after that season if I'm correct (or the season after), so yeh he was not the same..
But Hak had good help.... and great players need just that... good help....

They all need help to win a title, just some more than others :cool:

I am passionate arguing three things....
1. Animal cruelty
2. Dallas Cowboys(specifically Romo now)
3. Hakeem Olajuwon

I couldn't care less about arguing politics or religion :omg:

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
They all need help to win a title, just some more than others :cool:

I am passionate arguing three things....
1. Animal cruelty
2. Dallas Cowboys(specifically Romo now)
3. Hakeem Olajuwon

I couldn't care less about arguing politics or religion :omg:

Hakeem also needed the help of MJ playing baseball!
ZING!!!!!! I know that one will get ya....;)

lol... I love dream... best center i've ever witnessed in his prime... (Kareem may have been the best ever, although some would say Wilt.... Homers will say D. Robinson, and novice would say Shaq... although they don't count.:D)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm a Spurs homer, and Dream is the best center I've ever watched. That 95 series was BRUTAL.

I don't think he's the best but he's right there. I would have no problem ending up with him as a consolation to the best ever and not lose one minute of sleep over it. He was a Great, Great player.

bounce

Reaction score
I don't think he's the best but he's right there. I would have no problem ending up with him as a consolation to the best ever and not lose one minute of sleep over it. He was a Great, Great player.

I'm just saying that I've seen. Big men have gone away, so there hasn't been competition to that title for about 10 years. Shaq was great because he was massive. David was an athletic freak. Dream could just do it all. Prettiest post moves I've seen.

Now, if you consider Tim Duncan to be a center, then my answer changes.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm just saying that I've seen. Big men have gone away, so there hasn't been competition to that title for about 10 years. Shaq was great because he was massive. David was an athletic freak. Dream could just do it all. Prettiest post moves I've seen.

I agree. I've never seen a Big Man who could move like he could, with power, quickness and coordination like he could. Shaq was on another level because he could move and he was sooooo massive but he couldn't do the things The Dream could. He could do other things but not move like this guy. Robinson was very athletic but not like this guy.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

I agree. I've never seen a Big Man who could move like he could, with power, quickness and coordination like he could. Shaq was on another level because he could move and he was sooooo massive but he couldn't do the things The Dream could. He could do other things but not move like this guy. Robinson was very athletic but not like this guy.

When I was younger I used to work on archival stuff for the NBA, so I would have to watch old games... My father used to say "Lew Alcindor/ Kareem was the best center I've ever watched"..... I have to say, especially with Milwaukee, that man was amazing.... But.. its not the same as growing up in an era with a player, and watching so many games, including live ones.... So Hakeem gets my vote, with an *, because Kareem could have been better, but I'm not the man to judge that.....and Again, Russell and Wilt will always get some votes........ Moses Malone was quite amazing as well.... fo fo fo!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
When I was younger I used to work on archival stuff for the NBA, so I would have to watch old games... My father used to say "Lew Alcindor/ Kareem was the best center I've ever watched"..... I have to say, especially with Milwaukee, that man was amazing.... But.. its not the same as growing up in an era with a player, and watching so many games, including live ones.... So Hakeem gets my vote, with an *, because Kareem could have been better, but I'm not the man to judge that.....and Again, Russell and Wilt will always get some votes........ Moses Malone was quite amazing as well.... fo fo fo!

Kareem is the best Center I've ever seen. I agree with your Father. Malone was the hardest working Center I've ever seen. He would just outwork everybody and by everybody, I mean all the other 9 guys on the floor.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would only concede Hakeem to Lew. I did watch the tail-end of his career and he was great. It also helps that I loved the movie "Fletch" which showcases Kareem :)

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I would only concede Hakeem to Lew. I did watch the tail-end of his career and he was great. It also helps that I loved the movie "Fletch" which showcases Kareem :)

bruce-lee-vs-kareem.jpg

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I like Iguodala but no way would I have voted him as MVP. He had a great series but come on, he is getting the MVP for guarding James, who had a monster series.

PPG 35.8
APG 8.8
RPG 13.3

James lead all players, both teams, in each of these areas. First time it's ever been done. How are you going to give the MVP to a guy for allowing this? Not taking anything away from Iggy but to me, James is the MVP and if you are not going to give it to him because he is on the losing team (which happens a lot), then it's Curry IMO. JMO

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Iguodala but no way would I have voted him as MVP. He had a great series but come on, he is getting the MVP for guarding James, who had a monster series.

PPG 35.8
APG 8.8
RPG 13.3

James lead all players, both teams, in each of these areas. First time it's ever been done. How are you going to give the MVP to a guy for allowing this? Not taking anything away from Iggy but to me, James is the MVP and if you are not going to give it to him because he is on the losing team (which happens a lot), then it's Curry IMO. JMO

Pretty good article about this:

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/...ote-total-golden-state-warriors-champs-061615

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

PPG 35.8
APG 8.8
RPG 13.3

Yep. Hats off to LeBron. The Warriors rolled through the West with more ease than I've seen in years, and LeBron single-handedly takes them to 6 games and has his team in it each game. I came away very impressed. This was an unfortunate year for many teams with regard to injuries. The Cavs will be back next year. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Love. I don't feel he meshed well. They could use that money elsewhere. Kyrie impressed me a lot this year. But the Warriors earned it. They were the best team all season and when teams were healthy. They had one of the greatest seasons of all time.