NBA Off-season

Ren

Reaction score
THJ would be stupid to opt out, I honestly cannot see a better fit for him than Dallas the longer he stays with Luka the more money he’ll make on the open marked

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Wondering how much interest other teams will have in Brandon Ingram.

I think the NBA is looking at a January 2021 start date for next season.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
There isn't one time line, one universe in all the multi verse where Tim Hardaway Jr. opts out
Tend to agree but if he opts in DAL likely trades him with a 9/10M big and a couple picks for an overpaid star.
The Mavs apparently are already lining up those type deals though who knows which guys they are serious about.
THJ knows if he opts in he gets traded is my understanding so now he has to factor that into the next contract thought process.
He shot almost 40% from 3 last year with good volume and that was easily a career high so he may prefer a 3-4 year deal at 12-13M this off-season versus potentially having his shot fall off and settling for scraps.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Wondering how much interest other teams will have in Brandon Ingram.

I think the NBA is looking at a January 2021 start date for next season.
Trenmendous interest.
Good player who is still developing with really high ceiling.
Pels should keep him at all costs.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Id like to see The Celtics shop Hayward, but that is unlikely. If he could be counted on to stay healthy, Id be against it. When he is healthy, he can do all the things the would ask. Defend, facilitate, score on or off ball. He also gets his almost 20 a game without cutting in to other players shots. However missing him for chunks of the season and most of the playoffs was killer. Ideally Id like to see them pull off a trade bringing in Myles Turner. That would be difficult because of the salary difference. The Pacers would have to include TJ Warren in the deal. For them to agree to that, we would have to include some FRP's. Thats where it could be a good deal for both side. VO is probably leaving Indy. Haywards deal comes off the books in 2021, so that would give them cap space and draft assets to build something around Sabonis.

Outside of that, Id like to see them package their three FRP's this year to get into the top 10. Not a great draft, but I think its a good draft to add a talent young PG to bring along like Killian Hayes or Haliburton. Walker is gonna be near his mid 30's when Tatum and Brown are in their mid 20's, but now could be a good chance to groom someone.

If they dont make a move on draft day, Id rather see them try to roll those late FRP's to future years. Even in a weak draft, teams get thirsty

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Id like to see The Celtics shop Hayward, but that is unlikely. If he could be counted on to stay healthy, Id be against it. When he is healthy, he can do all the things the would ask. Defend, facilitate, score on or off ball. He also gets his almost 20 a game without cutting in to other players shots. However missing him for chunks of the season and most of the playoffs was killer. Ideally Id like to see them pull off a trade bringing in Myles Turner. That would be difficult because of the salary difference. The Pacers would have to include TJ Warren in the deal. For them to agree to that, we would have to include some FRP's. Thats where it could be a good deal for both side. VO is probably leaving Indy. Haywards deal comes off the books in 2021, so that would give them cap space and draft assets to build something around Sabonis.

Outside of that, Id like to see them package their three FRP's this year to get into the top 10. Not a great draft, but I think its a good draft to add a talent young PG to bring along like Killian Hayes or Haliburton. Walker is gonna be near his mid 30's when Tatum and Brown are in their mid 20's, but now could be a good chance to groom someone.

If they dont make a move on draft day, Id rather see them try to roll those late FRP's to future years. Even in a weak draft, teams get thirsty
That packaging of picks is the idea I see most. A few teams love this draft and think it is very deep. Most think it's very iffy at the top.

Hayward is probably just too well paid and risky for large return.
BOS imo is best to hold him and have him take lesser deal to return next off-season.
He can make above MLE but not be very expensive for BOS to finish his career.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That packaging of picks is the idea I see most. A few teams love this draft and think it is very deep. Most think it's very iffy at the top.

Hayward is probably just too well paid and risky for large return.
BOS imo is best to hold him and have him take lesser deal to return next off-season.
He can make above MLE but not be very expensive for BOS to finish his career.
I don't see them making all three picks. "Draft and stash" has been talked about, but I don't see anyone out there. It also didnt work out for then in 2016. They probably have a dance partner in NY who supposedly wants to move out of 8. It all comes down to who they like. Young PG seems the most likely. Wanamaker is a FA and not that good. Smart plays too many minutes elsewhere, so we always give minutes to 3 PG's.

There are about 4 prospects in the lottery I can see them going. Hayes or Haliburton in a trade up, or or Kira Lewis or Cole Anthony if they stay put at 14. Anthony is the type of guy Ainge trys to find value in. A top HS recruit with a lackluster 1 and done season. He did this before with Avery Bradley and last year with Langford

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't see them making all three picks. "Draft and stash" has been talked about, but I don't see anyone out there. It also didnt work out for then in 2016. They probably have a dance partner in NY who supposedly wants to move out of 8. It all comes down to who they like. Young PG seems the most likely. Wanamaker is a FA and not that good. Smart plays too many minutes elsewhere, so we always give minutes to 3 PG's.

There are about 4 prospects in the lottery I can see them going. Hayes or Haliburton in a trade up, or or Kira Lewis or Cole Anthony if they stay put at 14. Anthony is the type of guy Ainge trys to find value in. A top HS recruit with a lackluster 1 and done season. He did this before with Avery Bradley and last year with Langford
I'd think a trade up is very possible given the depth of this draft and a lot of teams would like multiple shots to find a Draymond Green type guy. Toolsy but lacking some desired athletic trait.

I don't see any superstars in this class but a lot of guys I really like as potential 4th or 5th starters.

I really like Jahmius Ramsey who is a Dallas kid. Shoot sit lights out and is of avg NBA level athleticism.
Lots of room to improve his slashing game but has some strength and can defend and space the floor.
Good SG/Wing option guarding 2-3.

But a lot of guys like that.
Role players but not stars.

I'm sure someone will emerge of course but I just haven;t seen a prospect I think it is obvious with.

BOS can cherry pick those skills/traits it desires in that 8-12 range and trade off some combo of their picks plus potentially stash a guy overseas.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score

I have a love/hate relationship w/ Gordo. Love him when he's on the court & hate him when he's on the bench. Understanding that he was still injured during the Heat series, it was a noticeable upgrade when he was on the court and Wannamaker wasn't. I love the fact that Gordo can run the point as he knows how to pass and how to put guys in a position to score. And I'm not sure which game the announcers were watching but Wannamaker flat out stinks. He takes plays off, doesn't move his feet on D and is an offensive liability other than at the line. With that said, I want Gordo on this team as long as he's healthy and it means that they let Wannamaker walk. Like it or not, Gordo makes this team a lot better which means I'm against unloading him. They're so cap strung that there's no way that they can bring in someone who can do the things he does when healthy. Yes, his health is a huge gamble but I'm under the impression that God owes the guy one after everything he's had to go through.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have a love/hate relationship w/ Gordo. Love him when he's on the court & hate him when he's on the bench. Understanding that he was still injured during the Heat series, it was a noticeable upgrade when he was on the court and Wannamaker wasn't. I love the fact that Gordo can run the point as he knows how to pass and how to put guys in a position to score. And I'm not sure which game the announcers were watching but Wannamaker flat out stinks. He takes plays off, doesn't move his feet on D and is an offensive liability other than at the line. With that said, I want Gordo on this team as long as he's healthy and it means that they let Wannamaker walk. Like it or not, Gordo makes this team a lot better which means I'm against unloading him. They're so cap strung that there's no way that they can bring in someone who can do the things he does when healthy. Yes, his health is a huge gamble but I'm under the impression that God owes the guy one after everything he's had to go through.
Really really dont want to see Wannamaker back

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Going to be interesting to see what HOU does.
GM/Coach replacement combo is a lot.
Lack of depth and gazillion dollars owed to Harden/Russ combo is A LOT.
But there's a lot of talent there and if they hadn't scrapped any semblance of defense to play 5 out with all 6'5" guys they might have advanced another round.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Going to be interesting to see what HOU does.
GM/Coach replacement combo is a lot.
Lack of depth and gazillion dollars owed to Harden/Russ combo is A LOT.
But there's a lot of talent there and if they hadn't scrapped any semblance of defense to play 5 out with all 6'5" guys they might have advanced another round.
Ive seen Embiid linked to them. Dont see how they could pull that off

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ive seen Embiid linked to them. Dont see how they could pull that off
Yea IDEK there, likely just wishful thinking in HOU.
Heard more about them shedding Harden to rebuild which seems just as crazy.
Issue may well be cash. Owner is not that fond of losing money and his core business is restaurants... during a year long pandemic.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who are you eyeing with pick #14?