NBA Offseason 2023

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mavs get Grant Williams from BOS. Send Bullock to San Antonio.

Mavs put in offer sheet for Thybulle at 3 years and 33M.

You guys will love Grant. Sleepy good offensive game, with sooooooo much utility. Stretch big: check. 3D wing: check. Very switchable defender that can put up 25 points in a game randomly. We have started him against Embiid in the playoffs before. Ton of playoff experience for a 4 year player. I understand why we didnt match, but wish we did (already hate the new CBA).

At least we were about to get a couple 2nds and TPE in an S&T. We probably wont use the TPE, but it could come in handy as emergency "cap space" if we really need it during the season. Celtics have a ton of 2nds to play with now to make mid level moves

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The Wemby Circus begins. Apparently Spurs Security didn’t recognize a 40-something Brittney Spears and brushed her off the same way her security used to do her crazy fans 20 years ago. Doesn’t look like anyone did anything inappropriate and biggest offense was a bruised ego from the former pop star.

T-RO

Reaction score
Apparently Spurs Security didn’t recognize a 40-something Brittney Spears and brushed her off
Obviously staged, to draw attention to both parties.

Please defrain from discussing. Merely mentioning such nonsense lowers the collective IQ, which is already in danger.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Wemby Circus begins. Apparently Spurs Security didn’t recognize a 40-something Brittney Spears and brushed her off the same way her security used to do her crazy fans 20 years ago. Doesn’t look like anyone did anything inappropriate and biggest offense was a bruised ego from the former pop star.
I bet she was thirsty

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Obviously staged, to draw attention to both parties.

Please defrain from discussing. Merely mentioning such nonsense lowers the collective IQ, which is already in danger.
On her end maybe, but my boy Wemby just trying to grab a bite to eat. The social media, TMZs of the internet were reporting at first that Wemby hit her. Not sure how they get that from a security guard knocking a hand away. Good that him and the Spurs deal with stuff like this now and learn from it. Another Yao Ming in the making, international megastar.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I bet she was thirsty
She wanted a photo op and I am sure she thought she was good to get one.

Spurs probably should have leaned in smarter here, apologized and set up a photo op and used her as she was gonna use them for promo.
Instead you get weird Britney fans and all non-Spurs fans dunking on poor Wemby every time he gets crossed over as a 7'3" dude is likely to experience.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
OKC is gonna be interesting.
Rookie league game vs Mavs was telling of how much young talent they have.

I still have no idea what they are gonna do with 75 first round piucks and a roster already overfull of young players.

dogberry

Reaction score
Will the League let OKC have a Brittany Spears night when the Spurs visit?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Wemby shutting it down for the summer season. Good to see. Goes out with a great performance in game 2 and can now work on what the Spurs need. Pop signs extension til he’s too old to get off the bench. Looking forward to what this team will develop into. And no, don’t trade for Lillard. Tempting, if he even wants to come, but stick with the youth movement. Great time again to be a Spurs Fan. Always helps me after another disappointing Cowboys season.

ghst187

Reaction score
OKC is gonna be interesting.
Rookie league game vs Mavs was telling of how much young talent they have.

I still have no idea what they are gonna do with 75 first round piucks and a roster already overfull of young players.
Yeah they have a legit starting five…SGA, Giddy, Chet, Jaylin, and Dort…
Then they are running Dieng, the other JayW, Cason, and Keyonte, and Mann with the second five. There are only 12 roster spots, what does Presti do with that ridiculous bevy of future picks? Maybe he starts another franchise in Tulsa?

John813

Reaction score
Contracts are broken in the NBA when Jaylen Brown is the current #1 paid player in the league.
What's the point of agents for above average/good/very good players when they can get the SM deal?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah they have a legit starting five…SGA, Giddy, Chet, Jaylin, and Dort…
Then they are running Dieng, the other JayW, Cason, and Keyonte, and Mann with the second five. There are only 12 roster spots, what does Presti do with that ridiculous bevy of future picks? Maybe he starts another franchise in Tulsa?
They will start consolidating at some point to put a contender on the floor. They have find out what they have in Holmgren, and find out what Giddy's ceiling is. If they dont confident that is their championship top 3, they have more than enough ammo to upgrade what they have to, then enough left over to upgrade spots 4-10 if need be

ghst187

Reaction score
They will start consolidating at some point to put a contender on the floor. They have find out what they have in Holmgren, and find out what Giddy's ceiling is. If they dont confident that is their championship top 3, they have more than enough ammo to upgrade what they have to, then enough left over to upgrade spots 4-10 if need be
Presti understands as a small market team they will likely get poached by big market teams a la Oakland As in moneyball and their experience with having Harden, Durant, and Westbrook and not being able to keep all. I presume that is why he has been stocking up draft picks, to continually replenish talent he knows he can’t resign to second contracts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t know if SGA and Giddey are both needed. I think to get better they might have to get Giddey out of there but then again not too many guys want to play in OKc.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don’t know if SGA and Giddey are both needed. I think to get better they might have to get Giddey out of there but then again not too many guys want to play in OKc.
Bun B is THAT dude.

Yea, OKC is loaded with assets to trade for a star or pair of stars but the only ones who come available are older and disgruntled.
OKC needs to draft or trade for more glue pieces around SGA IMO.
SGA is a lot better than I thought he was, but he has to also be near his prime now.
They really need Holgrem to hit for the size.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bun B is THAT dude.

Yea, OKC is loaded with assets to trade for a star or pair of stars but the only ones who come available are older and disgruntled.
OKC needs to draft or trade for more glue pieces around SGA IMO.
SGA is a lot better than I thought he was, but he has to also be near his prime now.
They really need Holgrem to hit for the size.
Yeah man I got to meet Bun several times when he comes to Dallas…nicest guy in the world. Legend.

Yeah Holgrem looks good too. I have no ties to OKC but I want to see how this plays out.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lakers agree to terms with Davis on 3-year $186 mn deal

Los Angeles (AFP) – NBA All-Star forward Anthony Davis has agreed to terms on a three-year maximum contract extension worth $186 million, a deal with the NBA's richest-ever annual extension at $62 million, ESPN reported Friday.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-ne...terms-with-davis-on-3-year-186-mn-deal-report
Going to be interesting to see if that contract is for him as a Laker or not.
On first blush seems they would build around him post LeBron era.