NBA Offseason

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dude literally crapped on 3 or 4 teams last night...Changing the future of the NBA. Funny thing is...things like this have a way to work themselves out...Don't be shocked to see him blow a knee or something...KARMA is real. And it balances stuff out.

Honestly...NBA needs to do something about tampering. George was under contract. He made his bed when he re-upped...:rolleyes:
You’re right. Karma is just around the corner.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Any team with Westbrook as there main star just isnt built for the playoffs.

I gotta give him credit this year...he deferred quite a bit to George. When George was healthy...the chemistry was working well..in spurts...(really needed a constant 3 pt threat)...when Terrence Ferguson was hitting...Thunder were real good. Problem was...when George got hurt...he couldn't carry the load..Russ tried to do more....which turned out to be less of what we needed.

Problem w/ Russ...is he's burned too many bridges w/ the media...refs. He just doesn't get the calls he should. I think it's bias....because if he were in LA playing for the Lakers...he would live @ the free throw line.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
If Leonard had signed w/ the Lakers...I bet they wouldn't have made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs. You need depth to make a run...Lakers would have run out of gas..w/ an aging Lebron.:rolleyes:

I bet they dont make it out of.the 2nd round as they stand now. Lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics summer league action tonight. Carsen Edwards and Grant Williams both looking like the mature impact rookies they were billed as. I can see both players getting 20 minutes a night of the bench. Edwards might even be an improvement from the 2019 Terry Rozier. Robert Williams also looked like he belongs in the rotation this year. That would be a huge plus

Yabusele looked horrible though

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Does the NBA even have an offseason? "Summer league"? Most of the regular season games are meaningless when half the league makes the playoffs, hence the "resting" of players, so let's play more meaningless games in the summer.

The NBA is a joke/waste of time league. It could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't care. :rolleyes:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Celtics summer league action tonight. Carsen Edwards and Grant Williams both looking like the mature impact rookies they were billed as. I can see both players getting 20 minutes a night of the bench. Edwards might even be an improvement from the 2019 Terry Rozier. Robert Williams also looked like he belongs in the rotation this year. That would be a huge plus

Yabusele looked horrible though

I can see this exhibition contest in July having absolutely no bearing on anything that actually counts. Let's see which one of us ends up being right. :muttley:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can see this exhibition contest in July having absolutely no bearing on anything that actually counts. Let's see which one of us ends up being right. :muttley:
As far as rookies getting earning a spot on the roster or in the rotation, Summer League absolutely does count

You saw the players Boston lost right. Walker will take Irvings minutes and Kanter will take some of Baynes, but we lost Horford minutes, Morris's minutes, and Rozier's minutes. Williams will probably be asked to step into Morris's role. And Edwards is completing with Wannamaker for Rozier's. The Celtics are going to be young next year .

I get what you saying about getting worked up about summer league. Its similar to the first and last preseason games in the NFL where you may and may not see actual starters. However its your first chance to see how rookies will some up against NBA players

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Woj is calling the Heat a team to watch for Westbrook.

What would possibly go wrong with Westbrook and Butler on the same roster

Been playing w/ the trade calculator for a few hours...Just don't see how Miami can make a trade work. They don't have many picks to trade...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Been playing w/ the trade calculator for a few hours...Just don't see how Miami can make a trade work. They don't have many picks to trade...
Ya its hard to see. All I can see is Dragic, Adabeyo, Winslow and a 2020 and 2022 first and maybe a pick swap in 2023. The 2022 could be valuable if its unprotected.

None of those players except Dragic's expiring deal are enticing though

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Ya its hard to see. All I can see is Dragic, Adabeyo, Winslow and a 2020 and 2022 first and maybe a pick swap in 2023. The 2022 could be valuable if its unprotected.

None of those players except Dragic's expiring deal are enticing though

I don’t think they have their 2021, so by rule they couldn’t trade one until 2023

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Does the NBA even have an offseason? "Summer league"? Most of the regular season games are meaningless when half the league makes the playoffs, hence the "resting" of players, so let's play more meaningless games in the summer.

The NBA is a joke/waste of time league. It could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't care. :rolleyes:

Opinion noted..and forgotten about.

ghst187

Reaction score
Prediction....the next CBA this contract bailing and seismic landscape shifting will be addressed.
Owners can now sign players to max contracts for a decade, build a team around them and then after six months throw down a pacifier and say “I wanna go play elsewhere and I will dirty my diaper if you don’t let me” and they are getting their demands.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Why does someone who doesn’t care about the NBA, go into a thread about the NBA offseason?
It moan and groan about something they don't know about say Summer League which is the NBA'S version of a rookie minicamp. Where rookies and G-Leaguers learn the ropes before the preseason starts.

Who don't complain that nearly more than a third of the NFL makes the playoffs 12 out of 32.

Johnny23

Reaction score

Yes it does.

The Summer League is for G-Leaguers and rookies to get acclimated to the NBA for a week. Training camp doesn't start for another two months. It just has the shortest turn around of the major sports leagues which I like. The NFL's off season is horrendous.

It is akin to rookie minicamp in the NFL. Some players have earned bench roles even starting jobs thanks to the positive momentum of having a good showing in summer league and building confidence.

The one thing I love about the nba is that 3 months after the season ends there's a new one starting.