NBA Offseason

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
OKC fan...and I wake up to this...stunning :omg:

Wow...Just wow

Well....OKC was in a bad spot. Capped out...couldn't do anything to improve. The players knew it....Presti knew it. Signing Noel, Mascula and Burks wasn't gonna get you to a title.

If fact all it did as probably alienate George...Can't blame him. I thought Presti's best move was to trade Adams to clear cap space...then extend George...dump Roberson.

It was either that...or go full rebuild...

If I'm the Thunder...I'm all in on the teardown now...Westbrook, Adams, ...anybody other teams want for a fair price.

Sadly...The Thunder will be remembered as the team that had so much talent in Durant, Harden, Westbrook, Ibaka...and couldn't win a title.:banghead:
They got a serious haul for George though. They will be able to get nice haul for Westbrook too. Adams possibly as well, but traditional bigs arent as valued. OKC could end up with the a total embarrassment of assets. Way more than what we got from Brooklyn.

They werent winning it all with that team. At that point, when they got that offer for PG, they had to be giddy. Gives them an excuse to tear down a team that wasnt good enough to even win a playoff series

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Lakers just signed Cousins and Rondo. Their starting lineup will be:

PG Rajon Rondo
SG Danny Green
SF LeBron James
PF Anthony Davis
C Demarcus Cousins

With Kyle Kuzma as their 6th man and to take a load off Cousins. Not a bad team.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wall’s contract is absurd. If I’m the Wizards I’m hoping some team would give me a haul something approaching what the Clips gave OKC.
Wall wont be back until Feb at earliest, and even then its an achilles. For a guy whose game was built on on speed and explosiveness he might be done. But he is on a Super max like Westbrook, amd Westbrooks contract could make it hard to facilitate a trade with other teams. Washington would not only be paying for Westbrook, but to take in Walls deal as well. Thats why I think if they do, they need to ask for unprotected picks

I Washington can get Westbrook for Wall and unprotected picks, they might do it just to try to put a decent team around Beal. They could huge coup for OKC, because that will likely blow up

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Again, re-read what I stated. Pop had just lost his wife. He wasn't at that time in the same mood or situation to coddle anyone.
The vets did run to media and try to pressure KL to play earlier than he felt he was ready to.
It was their final hurrah but he didn't want to risk long term health and didn't trust their medical guys. --he takes his personal medical guy now him now everywhere and refuses team trainers.
The KD and Klay situations make you think KL was probably right to be risk averse.

It sucks for Spurs fans but you don't maintain a dynasty forever, a rebuild was and is inevitable.
No you said you thought he was going back to Toronto. I told you otherwise because I’ve followed him since he was drafted. He never wanted to play in San Antonio or Toronto. His plan all along was to get to the West Coast. His home. He faked his injury to get out of San Antonio. The Spurs are the best run organization in the NBA and coddle their players. They hold them out after injury longer than just about any team if not all teams. They invented the idea of resting their players to the point where they got fined by the commissioner. You have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to the Spurs. Other than being butt hurt because they always kick the Mavericks *** to this day.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They got a serious haul for George though. They will be able to get nice haul for Westbrook too. Adams possibly as well, but traditional bigs arent as valued. OKC could end up with the a total embarrassment of assets. Way more than what we got from Brooklyn.

They werent winning it all with that team. At that point, when they got that offer for PG, they had to be giddy. Gives them an excuse to tear down a team that wasnt good enough to even win a playoff series
Oklahoma definitely won this trade. Presti, a Popovich disciple, will build that team to prominence in the next 5 years.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Wall wont be back until Feb at earliest, and even then its an achilles. For a guy whose game was built on on speed and explosiveness he might be done. But he is on a Super max like Westbrook, amd Westbrooks contract could make it hard to facilitate a trade with other teams. Washington would not only be paying for Westbrook, but to take in Walls deal as well. Thats why I think if they do, they need to ask for unprotected picks

I Washington can get Westbrook for Wall and unprotected picks, they might do it just to try to put a decent team around Beal. They could huge coup for OKC, because that will likely blow up

I meant to put Beal’s name in there. I’d be looking to unload Beal for picks and rebuild that team from the bottom up. I don’t see anyone taking on Wall’s contract IMO.

Your scenario with Westbrook and Beal paired up sounds intriguing though.

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I meant to put Beal’s name in there. I’d be looking to unload Beal for picks and rebuild that team from the bottom up. I don’t see anyone taking on Wall’s contract IMO.
From what Ive seen, Washington doesnt want to trade Beal. Thats the move they should make, but they will never be able to put a good team around him

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
As a life long Spurs fan I am so over Leonard. He crapped on the Spurs and well, he crapped on the Spurs. The best sports organization in recent history. They are all about taking care of their players and never leak information. They have ALWAYS erred on the side of protecting the players health when coming back from injury. To see what Leonard has done to them, well I hope he goes to the Lakers so he can ruin that organization.

Dude literally crapped on 3 or 4 teams last night...Changing the future of the NBA. Funny thing is...things like this have a way to work themselves out...Don't be shocked to see him blow a knee or something...KARMA is real. And it balances stuff out.

Honestly...NBA needs to do something about tampering. George was under contract. He made his bed when he re-upped...:rolleyes:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Kawhi wanted Clips all along. He never wanted a super team but he did want a 2nd star.
Clips now slight faves given talent on that roster but treasure trove they gave up for PG13 means long term NBA balance.

Basketball wins.

That trade might sound like a lot...but honestly...all those picks are gonna be crap...late 20 picks unless some catastrophic happens in LA.

True...who knows what the future holds...But 2025 and 2026 are a long ways to wait for a rebuild. :popcorn:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Glad he didn’t sign with the lakers and make a super team.

If Leonard had signed w/ the Lakers...I bet they wouldn't have made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs. You need depth to make a run...Lakers would have run out of gas..w/ an aging Lebron.:rolleyes:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You were very wrong about this and provided no real source data but want others to meet bars you don't.
Its sophistry.

KL chose LAC because he has the best situation as a favorite and a full roster that isn't super old (TOR) or 2 players deep.
You just blew off KL's QUOTE based on nonsense "sources" and are asking people for dissertations.

KL left ~221M in SA for a possible ~190M in TOR for the ultimate ~141in LAC... It was never about money; tax or otherwise but his best situation.
He's a title favorite now again on a 3rd team as it's undisputed leader.
He gets to battle his biggest rival in the same building with his hand-selected running mate.

The Lakers need a real GM, like the guy they refused to hire back, Jerry West.
Every possible advantage is fumbled away and has been for almost a decade now.

Right on all accounts....Great take

Yet...I still think KL is making the wrong decision. Toronto had a great thing going..they had chemistry. They had a whole country backing them 100%..They practically had a yellow brick road right back to the finals in the Eastern conference...instead of having to slug it out in the west.

I'll be shocked if the Clips win it...even though on paper...they look good to go. Something always happens when teams throw these super teams together. It takes time to mesh....And now the Clips don't have the draft ammo to replentish.

This is the Herschal Walker trade all over again in the NBA. It didn't take long for the Vikings to implode...Won't shock me to see the same thing happen here. :rolleyes:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Honestly...the best team I saw last year was OKC before George got hurt. They could literally drop a 20 spot in a matter of 3 minutes...and teams wouldn't know what hit them. They were scary....streaky. @ their best...I don't think anybody touches them. Sadly...injuries happen....and they seem to run out of gas @ the end of the year...In the playoffs they weren't the same team as the regular season.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Honestly...the best team I saw last year was OKC before George got hurt. They could literally drop a 20 spot in a matter of 3 minutes...and teams wouldn't know what hit them. They were scary....streaky. @ their best...I don't think anybody touches them. Sadly...injuries happen....and they seem to run out of gas @ the end of the year...In the playoffs they weren't the same team as the regular season.
Any team with Westbrook as there main star just isnt built for the playoffs.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hope not.

I’d much rather tank again, so I’m kinda pissed we signed Randle.

At least he sucks on defense
Im higher on Barrett then many. I think Knox has a alot of offensive upside as well. If those two as well as Smith can approach their ceiling the Knicks could have a good young core to go off of