NBA Playoffs thread

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Gotta ask....who is the best one on one player in the NBA?

I would think Lebron or Russell Westbrook- that kid is unreal.
Parker is unbelievable- one on one much of the time. Lebron's D and packing the paint can stop him though.

All-Time? Besides Jordan? I would say Shaq. Nobody could stop his strength in the low post by themselves. Not Robinson, not Ewing, not Olajuwon, not Mourning, nobody one on one.

Corso

Reaction score
Ok people the 2nd season is now upon us......put up or shut up time....So let's see who you have round by round.

East (Round 1)
1 Indiana vs 8 Atlanta
Indiana 4-2 (Pacers having internal issues but able to come together enough to win series)
4 Chicago vs 5 Washington
Chicago 4-2 (Close games, low scoring, Bulls D prevails)
3 Toronto vs 6 Brooklyn
Brooklyn 4-3 (tough one to call, both playing very well, toss up, I went with experience in the end)
2 Miami vs 7 Charlotte
Miami 4-1 (Charlotte steals 1 at home, but Heat too much)

West (Round 1)
1 San Antonio vs 8 Dallas
San Antonio 4-0 (I almost never pick the Spurs to sweep., however we own the Mavs, we are too deep, the games will be close most likely)
4 Houston vs 5 Portland
Houston 4-3 (should be one helluva series, Harden will probably shoot 100 FTs, in the end home court decides this one)
3 Los Angeles vs 6 Golden State
Los Angeles 4-2 (high scoring affair, lots of 3s and dunks, in the end the Clippers have too many horses, as Boguts injury is huge)
2 Oklahoma City vs 7 Memphis
Oklahoma City 4-1 (Memphis gets one at home, but they just don't have enough to keep up with the Thunder)

On a side note, Dallas would have matched up a lot better against OKC, and dare I say might have taken them to 7.

East (2nd Round)
1 Indiana vs 4 Chicago
Indiana 4-3 (Physical, tough series, but Indiana just has too much offense for the Bulls)
2 Miami vs 6 Brooklyn
Miami 4-3 (Brooklyn swept season series, all games came down to the wire, it will be a very entertaining series, but the Heat win in the end).

West (2nd Round)
1 San Antonio vs 4 Houston
San Antonio 4-1 (Houston swept the Spurs 4-0 during the season (in 3 games Spurs missing at least 2 starters and 1 key reserve)) Harden will once again live at the FT line. There will be tons of Hack a Howard. However, a full and healthy Spurs roster will simply subdue the Rockets, in 5 exciting close games.
2 Oklahoma City vs 3 Los Angeles
Oklahoma City 4-2 (The Clippers are playing well, but they just won't be able to beat OKC. Durant and Westbrook will live at the FT line. Ibaka will be allowed to goal tend at will. Not even Paul's flopping can save the Clippers)

Eastern Conference Finals
1 Indiana vs 2 Miami
Miami 4-3 (not even HCA can save the Pacers, the Heat go back to their 4th consecutive Finals)

Western Conference Finals
1 San Antonio vs 2 Oklahoma City
San Antonio 4-3 (Spurs have gotten plenty of rest with the quick wins in the first 2 rounds, and they will need it. OKC has their number and the extra rest pays off. In a great series where Durant goes off, until Leonard shuts him down in the 4th of game 7, and Westbrook and Parker go toe to toe, not even the Spurs killers of Fisher, Collison, and Jackson can stop the Silver and Black from reaching a 2nd straight Finals)

NBA Finals
San Antonio vs Miami
San Antonio 4-2 (We should have won it in 6 last year, but we gave it all away in the final 30 seconds of game 6.....that will not happen this year. TBH, I would not be surprised if the Spurs swept the Heat after what happened last year......however, being on the cusp of a 3peat is a rare feat and the Heat have history to play for.......in the end, the Spurs are just too much)

2013-14 NBA Champions
San Antonio Spurs

Props on the predictions.
Not bad- no worse than the gambling big-wigs and believe me: I know...

Darn good job, in retrospect.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Parker is unbelievable- one on one much of the time. Lebron's D and packing the paint can stop him though.

All-Time? Besides Jordan? I would say Shaq. Nobody could stop his strength in the low post by themselves. Not Robinson, not Ewing, not Olajuwon, not Mourning, nobody one on one.

LOL, no way Westbrook or 32 year old Tony Parker could beat Lebron in a game of one on one.

Corso

Reaction score
LOL, no way Westbrook or 32 year old Tony Parker could beat Lebron in a game of one on one.

No no. That's not what I'm saying.
Lebron could take anyone on one on one and I couldn't see anyone in today's NBA touching him.

I was offering a couple of other names that are elite in one on one situations.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
The only thing that matters is that when it's all said & done the Spurs won a championship.

They had a goal & they accomplished it.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The only thing that matters is that when it's all said & done the Spurs won a championship.

They had a goal & they accomplished it.

I agree, congrats to the Spurs, however, some conclusions based on the results of the finals are just incorrect

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Suddenly he does not care about basketball ......... :rolleyes:

There is no suddenly. I root for the Heat since I live in South Florida, but not with any passion. I dont watch much at all till the playoffs and Finals.

Its funny how all the Spurs fans were hibernating after Game 2, not a one to be heard, yet now you all are out posting. SUDDENLY you all re-appeared after a win in Game 3.

MC KAos

Reaction score
That is funny right there. All quiet here after Game 2 but now you all are back.

Personally I dont care enough about basketball to really care who won. I dont get all the Lebron hate. But it was funny how quiet it was in this thread after Game 2 - no denying that.

The Spurs looked really good and the Heat did not.

You can't call people out for not being here and then disappear when it doesn't go your way. I wouldn't have said anything if you didn't post again on this thread if you hadn't first complained about it and then done it yourself.

Go spurs go!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
There is no suddenly. I root for the Heat since I live in South Florida, but not with any passion. I dont watch much at all till the playoffs and Finals.

Its funny how all the Spurs fans were hibernating after Game 2, not a one to be heard, yet now you all are out posting. SUDDENLY you all re-appeared after a win in Game 3.

i wasn't here at all during the finals until after game 4. you act as if we are all supposed to flock to our computers after every single game and spend all of our free time on here. That is all well and good when you are single, but when you have a wife and child, a full time job, etc.....you get on when you can......if someone wants to spend all day on here or only post once a week, so be it.....

you can bash us Spurs fans all you want, we don't really give a rats..........our team is #1 this year......our euphoria trumps all your lame criticisms.

GO SPURS GO.......

btw, if we bring the roster back, and add maybe 1 additional FA or draft pick.......2015 Champs

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Shaq one of the best 1 on 1 players?? Not hardly. He used brute force and his size to impose his will. If he was a normal sized center, he would not even be mentioned here.

Also, Hakeem owned Shaq early on. Shaq was just coming into his own and Olajuwon was on the downslope of his career and still took him to school in the '95 finals. Even Shaq himself said that Hakeem was the best center he had ever faced.

In short, Olajuwon is ten times the player that Shaq was and it can be argued that he is/could be the best center ever. The man had serious skills on both sides of the court.

khiladi

Reaction score
Gotta ask....who is the best one on one player in the NBA?

I don't see how this premise would change with Lebron even with Kobe having not played in plus two years. It's only this year that Lebron started to hit his jumpers on a more regular basis.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Sounds exactly like the type of fan you are.

Its basketball. Its just basketball. I give it all the passion its worthy of. So while you meant to be derogatory its an empty attempt. It means absolutely nothing as it relates to how much I follow or dont follow roundball.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

I don't see how this premise would change with Lebron even with Kobe having not played in plus two years. It's only this year that Lebron started to hit his jumpers on a more regular basis.

No way kobe could beat Lebron. Kobe In his prime is a conversation for another day and another person, since I've never believed Lebron was the greatest of all time in a one on one scenario.

khiladi

Reaction score
No way kobe could beat Lebron. Kobe In his prime is a conversation for another day and another person, since I've never believed Lebron was the greatest of all time in a one on one scenario.

This was actually 2011 and why I said, I'm not sure things have necessarily changed. My point was simply to illustrate the opinions of Lebron versus a guy like Kobe, let alone Jordan in respect to Lebron's skill-set. Lebron has been seen by NBA players, not as the best one-on-one player in the game, but as the best all-around ball player, especially as one who likes to make the pass and is a great distributor. Even Kobe mentioned this when asked about it:

I think you see it often when Lebron resorts, in crunch-time to simply being a distributor from the top of the key. He totally abandoned the post in the latter games of this series. Bird said that, if the chips were on the table, he would go with Kobe because of this mentality of going down shooting.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
BqOXOblCcAAcuW5.jpg

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ok not saying I want him or we need him, cause I really don't like him, but what if Lebron just decided to sign with the Spurs. we would definitely be the favorites to win for the next several years. Personally, I would take Bosh though, of the big 3. I think he would flourish in Pops system.

However, the one player I truly want from the Heat is James Ennis. They got his rights in a draft day trade last season. I would be willing to trade all 3 of our draft picks this season for him. He would give us a legit SF to back up Kawhi.....and someone who has a solid offensive game, is a very aggressive defender, and is a jack of all trades (can rebound, pass, handle the ball, score inside or out, defend the perimeter, block shots).

If we are able to keep Mills and Diaw, and Duncan and Manu come back, adding Ennis would definitely round out the Wing players on the roster. If we keep Bonner, we only need to add 1 more end of bench Big. If we lose Bonner, we need to add 2. Maybe, we can bulk up Daye a bit, work on his low post game and turn him into a combo forward.

PG - Parker, Mills, Joseph
SG - Green, Manu, Belinelli
SF - Leonard, Ennis, Daye
PF - Duncan, Diaw, Bonner?
C - Splitter, Baynes