NBA Playoffs thread

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Ok people the 2nd season is now upon us......put up or shut up time....So let's see who you have round by round.

East (Round 1)
1 Indiana vs 8 Atlanta
Indiana 4-2 (Pacers having internal issues but able to come together enough to win series)
4 Chicago vs 5 Washington
Chicago 4-2 (Close games, low scoring, Bulls D prevails)
3 Toronto vs 6 Brooklyn
Brooklyn 4-3 (tough one to call, both playing very well, toss up, I went with experience in the end)
2 Miami vs 7 Charlotte
Miami 4-1 (Charlotte steals 1 at home, but Heat too much)

West (Round 1)
1 San Antonio vs 8 Dallas
San Antonio 4-0 (I almost never pick the Spurs to sweep., however we own the Mavs, we are too deep, the games will be close most likely)
4 Houston vs 5 Portland
Houston 4-3 (should be one helluva series, Harden will probably shoot 100 FTs, in the end home court decides this one)
3 Los Angeles vs 6 Golden State
Los Angeles 4-2 (high scoring affair, lots of 3s and dunks, in the end the Clippers have too many horses, as Boguts injury is huge)
2 Oklahoma City vs 7 Memphis
Oklahoma City 4-1 (Memphis gets one at home, but they just don't have enough to keep up with the Thunder)

On a side note, Dallas would have matched up a lot better against OKC, and dare I say might have taken them to 7.

East (2nd Round)
1 Indiana vs 4 Chicago
Indiana 4-3 (Physical, tough series, but Indiana just has too much offense for the Bulls)
2 Miami vs 6 Brooklyn
Miami 4-3 (Brooklyn swept season series, all games came down to the wire, it will be a very entertaining series, but the Heat win in the end).

West (2nd Round)
1 San Antonio vs 4 Houston
San Antonio 4-1 (Houston swept the Spurs 4-0 during the season (in 3 games Spurs missing at least 2 starters and 1 key reserve)) Harden will once again live at the FT line. There will be tons of Hack a Howard. However, a full and healthy Spurs roster will simply subdue the Rockets, in 5 exciting close games.
2 Oklahoma City vs 3 Los Angeles
Oklahoma City 4-2 (The Clippers are playing well, but they just won't be able to beat OKC. Durant and Westbrook will live at the FT line. Ibaka will be allowed to goal tend at will. Not even Paul's flopping can save the Clippers)

Eastern Conference Finals
1 Indiana vs 2 Miami
Miami 4-3 (not even HCA can save the Pacers, the Heat go back to their 4th consecutive Finals)

Western Conference Finals
1 San Antonio vs 2 Oklahoma City
San Antonio 4-3 (Spurs have gotten plenty of rest with the quick wins in the first 2 rounds, and they will need it. OKC has their number and the extra rest pays off. In a great series where Durant goes off, until Leonard shuts him down in the 4th of game 7, and Westbrook and Parker go toe to toe, not even the Spurs killers of Fisher, Collison, and Jackson can stop the Silver and Black from reaching a 2nd straight Finals)

NBA Finals
San Antonio vs Miami
San Antonio 4-2 (We should have won it in 6 last year, but we gave it all away in the final 30 seconds of game 6.....that will not happen this year. TBH, I would not be surprised if the Spurs swept the Heat after what happened last year......however, being on the cusp of a 3peat is a rare feat and the Heat have history to play for.......in the end, the Spurs are just too much)

2013-14 NBA Champions
San Antonio Spurs

bounce

Reaction score
Admittedly, I'm a Spurs homer, too - but if all teams are playing their games at full strength, I don't see anyone beating San Antonio this year. The streak they just rattled off (19 in a row) was impressive not because of how many they won, but how they were absolutely dismantling teams. Their ball-movement is tough to stop, and you can't key on any one player. They have essentially 7 guys (Duncan, Tony, Manu, Mills, Belinelli, Green, Kawhi) that could go for 20 plus any game. No other team has that depth.

The only team in the West that worries me, obviously, is OKC. KD is KD, and like you said, they have a ton of guys that step up against the Spurs.

Nobody in the East bothers me.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Admittedly, I'm a Spurs homer, too - but if all teams are playing their games at full strength, I don't see anyone beating San Antonio this year. The streak they just rattled off (19 in a row) was impressive not because of how many they won, but how they were absolutely dismantling teams. Their ball-movement is tough to stop, and you can't key on any one player. They have essentially 7 guys (Duncan, Tony, Manu, Mills, Belinelli, Green, Kawhi) that could go for 20 plus any game. No other team has that depth.

The only team in the West that worries me, obviously, is OKC. KD is KD, and like you said, they have a ton of guys that step up against the Spurs.

Nobody in the East bothers me.

OKC is a very tough matchup for several reasons. One, their length.....lots of tall players, a matchup nightmare on both ends. Two, their players are always clutch and never seem to miss shots or rebounds against the Spurs (Fisher has been a Spurs killer since the Lakers 3peat at the beginning of the century). Three, OKC is allowed to goaltend religiously (Ibaka and Collison get away with 2-3 a game and in a close game, those 4-6 points are critical). Four, Durant and Westbrook (along with James Harden) seem to be allowed to live at the FT line on a nightly basis (not even Lebron gets half the calls of these 3, and he is the alleged best player on the planet). It is hard to play against them when the defender is getting called for minimal contact or even no contact fouls. Those FTs add up because they are very good at the line.

But with that being said, I feel Leonard, Green, Belinelli, Manu, Daye and James will all be able to contribute to the defense of Durant in some way, shape, or form.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
1 heat
2 pacers
3 thunder
4 spurs

in order of odds winning it all imo. Wouldnt be suprised if any of the 4 win it. I just think this is the best 1-4

bounce

Reaction score
I'm not questioning this as a Spurs homer, but you honestly think the Pacers are legit contenders right now?

jimmy40

Reaction score
I actually like Blake Griffin more now. lol
blakewater.gif

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is about where I start watching the NBA, about all I can take these days.

Lets go....

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmKVIzX6u_s0OAOdeHAMfaWATOVsdvtkZGhwRRONUOWUklT1K_

Brought out the old logo for good luck!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
This is about where I start watching the NBA, about all I can take these days.

Lets go....

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmKVIzX6u_s0OAOdeHAMfaWATOVsdvtkZGhwRRONUOWUklT1K_

Brought out the old logo for good luck!

its ok, we understand you are confused, after all, you are a Rockets fan. GO SPURS GO

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
its ok, we understand you are confused, after all, you are a Rockets fan. GO SPURS GO

rim_shots_logo_300_1011.jpg

Kind of like what Robinson threw up against The Dream back in the playoffs
00hour.gif
mj07.gif

https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyF6pos25bSvmrhESK3Eeb3QSh_kEyBdVtgmbAWaab7BcXMG3F

Last edited:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
rim_shots_logo_300_1011.jpg

Kind of like what Robinson threw up against The Dream back in the playoffs
00hour.gif
mj07.gif

https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyF6pos25bSvmrhESK3Eeb3QSh_kEyBdVtgmbAWaab7BcXMG3F

hahaha Rockets fans always living in 95.....well you guys got us that year......but what have you done since?

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
So....the Mavericks lose and the whole Internetz is using that as another excuse to dump on the Cowboys.

Good grief.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Blazers force OT. Be a huge win if they pull off the comeback.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Can we merge the playoff threads? Also GO SPURS GO!

I swear I had the wizards and nets winning their series, in 5 for the nets, 6 for the wiz. I still think Houston and the clips will win theirs, probably in 7. The pacers and heat I like in 5, thunder in six, and the spurs will sweep the mavs

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm so glad I was too tired to watch the Rox play the Blazers last night. I'd have been really mad at staying up to watch them lose in such a disastrous fashion. smh

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I can only hope my Thunder are finally able to get it done this year.

If not the Thunder I want anyone but Miami to win it.