NBA Playoffs thread

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ok not saying I want him or we need him, cause I really don't like him, but what if Lebron just decided to sign with the Spurs. we would definitely be the favorites to win for the next several years. Personally, I would take Bosh though, of the big 3. I think he would flourish in Pops system.

However, the one player I truly want from the Heat is James Ennis. They got his rights in a draft day trade last season. I would be willing to trade all 3 of our draft picks this season for him. He would give us a legit SF to back up Kawhi.....and someone who has a solid offensive game, is a very aggressive defender, and is a jack of all trades (can rebound, pass, handle the ball, score inside or out, defend the perimeter, block shots).

If we are able to keep Mills and Diaw, and Duncan and Manu come back, adding Ennis would definitely round out the Wing players on the roster. If we keep Bonner, we only need to add 1 more end of bench Big. If we lose Bonner, we need to add 2. Maybe, we can bulk up Daye a bit, work on his low post game and turn him into a combo forward.

PG - Parker, Mills, Joseph
SG - Green, Manu, Belinelli
SF - Leonard, Ennis, Daye
PF - Duncan, Diaw, Bonner?
C - Splitter, Baynes

Five titles. Duncan shouldn't even consider. He has HIS OWN legacy. He doesn't need LeBron. He should just keep beating him. Lol

bounce

Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't rule out Lebron, because any time you have a chance to get the best player in the world, you get them. I just think the system the Spurs have in place doesn't need a superstar at all. I'm not sure how he'd fit in the current system, or if you'd adapt to fit his skill set. But, if the chance is there to get him, you get him and figure out the specifics later.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ok not saying I want him or we need him, cause I really don't like him, but what if Lebron just decided to sign with the Spurs. we would definitely be the favorites to win for the next several years. Personally, I would take Bosh though, of the big 3. I think he would flourish in Pops system.

However, the one player I truly want from the Heat is James Ennis. They got his rights in a draft day trade last season. I would be willing to trade all 3 of our draft picks this season for him. He would give us a legit SF to back up Kawhi.....and someone who has a solid offensive game, is a very aggressive defender, and is a jack of all trades (can rebound, pass, handle the ball, score inside or out, defend the perimeter, block shots).

If we are able to keep Mills and Diaw, and Duncan and Manu come back, adding Ennis would definitely round out the Wing players on the roster. If we keep Bonner, we only need to add 1 more end of bench Big. If we lose Bonner, we need to add 2. Maybe, we can bulk up Daye a bit, work on his low post game and turn him into a combo forward.

PG - Parker, Mills, Joseph
SG - Green, Manu, Belinelli
SF - Leonard, Ennis, Daye
PF - Duncan, Diaw, Bonner?
C - Splitter, Baynes

I thought about that when all the rumors came out about him playing for 13 million to play with melo came out. If he is gonna do that he might as well sign with us and play with Kawhi + 6-7 other competent nba players, than just melo and a bunch of scrubs

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
lebron just doesnt have the class that duncan and parker and manu have...i just dont see how itd work.

just like sherman wouldnt work at a lot of football teams.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
I think you see it often when Lebron resorts, in crunch-time to simply being a distributor from the top of the key. He totally abandoned the post in the latter games of this series. Bird said that, if the chips were on the table, he would go with Kobe because of this mentality of going down shooting.

his mentality to go down shooting almost cost his team the repeat in 2010 with his putrid 6-24 performance. it was actually when he passed up the final shot to an open Artest that won the Lakers the game.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
lebron just doesnt have the class that duncan and parker and manu have...i just dont see how itd work.

just like sherman wouldnt work at a lot of football teams.

are you joking lol? Enrique slept with his teammates and ruined his and Brent Barry's marriage. The worse thing LeBron James did ended up generating millions for charity. LeBron James is not the best person in the world but he isn't that bad either. I can't even believe anyone would even think that a player like LeBron James' caliber would not be a good fit on their team.

If for nothing else just having him so the other 28 other teams don't already gives a team a leg up on the competition...but it won't happen. He would have to take a massive pay cut and than go to a team that beat him so it will make him look pretty bad tbh.

khiladi

Reaction score
his mentality to go down shooting almost cost his team the repeat in 2010 with his putrid 6-24 performance. it was actually when he passed up the final shot to an open Artest that won the Lakers the game.

There are always exceptions, but the description about Lebron is pretty consistent. He had 3 games to go back to the post, especially in crunch time, and he didn't.