NBA Playoffs

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I'm still sticking with the Rockets to win it all. Curry isn't his old self, won't even play in the first round, though since the Spurs probably won't have Leonard the Warriors will still probably take the match up. And no guarantee Curry will be able to play at all, though he's been running, etc. Maybe a bit of sandbagging going on? All he's said is that "my rehab is progressing".

As far as the Rockets "always choking", didn't they say that about the Cowboys in the late 60's? But they eventually got the personnel in place to win it. The mid-70's Cowboys were pretty good, but until Dorsett came in, no SBs. The 1991 Cowboys were pretty good, but needed Haley to make them a championship team.

Maybe Paul is the missing piece to the puzzle. Maybe not, but can't dismiss the Rockets' chances just because they haven't done it before...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh well a first round exit......I say we win at most 2 games, with Curry out....if we had KL, we win the series, but that isn't happening. What a brutal year this has been......Go Spurs Go
It's been that kind of season for the Spurs. No KL and lots of injuries of key players. I can see them winning 2 but not 3 games. I'm proud of them for just managing to make the playoffs. I hope to see them give GS a good fight.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm still sticking with the Rockets to win it all. Curry isn't his old self, won't even play in the first round, though since the Spurs probably won't have Leonard the Warriors will still probably take the match up. And no guarantee Curry will be able to play at all, though he's been running, etc. Maybe a bit of sandbagging going on? All he's said is that "my rehab is progressing".

As far as the Rockets "always choking", didn't they say that about the Cowboys in the late 60's? But they eventually got the personnel in place to win it. The mid-70's Cowboys were pretty good, but until Dorsett came in, no SBs. The 1991 Cowboys were pretty good, but needed Haley to make them a championship team.

Maybe Paul is the missing piece to the puzzle. Maybe not, but can't dismiss the Rockets' chances just because they haven't done it before...
:huh:So who was that that won the Championship in 1994 and 1995?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This kind of disrespect is amazing to me. We were literally in the conference finals 2 years ago, This is the disrespect we get from mostly all Americans too and its sickening.
Why is it disrespectful to say the truth, though?

This version of the Raptors, led by Lowry and Derozen, notoriously choke when games start to matter.

That's not to say they can't change the narrative, but there's no use in complaining about facts.

Just like the 90s Bills, you expect the Raptors to be good until they fold in the big moments.

And I am a long-time Raptor fan. Vince Carter was my childhood sports idol.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not one single person - player, coach or waterboy from those teams is still on the Rockets, has no bearing on this year.

Just saying...
Didn't seem to matter when you were talking about teams in the past. Just saying.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Looks like I ruffled a few feathers, oh well, get over it. It's the playoffs, put up ir shut up time. If you can't handle the trash talk, maybe sports fandom is not for you. I am a rabid homer for all of my favorite teams. I will talk all kinds of trash, but back it up with facts.....I will also call out my own team if they are reaking of suckage...

GO SPURS GO

phildadon86

Reaction score
Looks like I ruffled a few feathers, oh well, get over it. It's the playoffs, put up ir shut up time. If you can't handle the trash talk, maybe sports fandom is not for you. I am a rabid homer for all of my favorite teams. I will talk all kinds of trash, but back it up with facts.....I will also call out my own team if they are reaking of suckage...

GO SPURS GO
You didn’t ruffle my feathers. Just had a tragedy up our way recently and I was a little sensitive this week. Minor hockey team in Saskatchewan lost 16 people most of them young hockey players in a bus accident. It’s been a rough week for anyone Canadian.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
You didn’t ruffle my feathers. Just had a tragedy up our way recently and I was a little sensitive this week. Minor hockey team in Saskatchewan lost 16 people most of them young hockey players in a bus accident. It’s been a rough week for anyone Canadian.
I know about tge accident and it sucks.......but that has nothing to do with the NBA......btw, did you see the great show of support by the various nhl teams.....that was classy and awesome.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I know about tge accident and it sucks.......but that has nothing to do with the NBA......btw, did you see the great show of support by the various nhl teams.....that was classy and awesome.
I know it doesn’t. I was just as I said extremely sensitive lol. And yes the displays were incredible. Even the Texas rangers had a nice pre game moment of silence. Boston bruins are donating their 50-50 profits to the go fund me as well. Just a great show of support all around. I have been really moved by it

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My question is if the Bucks cant beat the banged up Celtics minus Irving, what does that say about Giannis's future with the club?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
My question is if the Bucks cant beat the banged up Celtics minus Irving, what does that say about Giannis's future with the club?
When you say "can't beat", do you mean winning the series against Boston or sweeping Boston? I still don't think that 2 seed is getting beat by that 7 seed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Playoffs start today 4/14
First game of the day
Spurs vs Warriors
Saturday, Apr. 14, 2018 • 3:00 PM ET
ORACLE Arena • Oakland, CA
National: ABC
Radio: WOAI 1200AM / KXTN 107.5FM (ESP), 95.7 The Game
GO SPURS GO!