NBA Playoffs

Ren

Reaction score
Mavs have really shown some toughness.
And detailed PHX weaknesses.
Will be a very uphill battle on road but you take the 1 seed to game 7 you have to feel good about that.
You do that with this team and you have to love what it means for guys wanting to sign on in the summer.
If you are Dallas the good thing about not having a true Robin to Luka's Batman is so many guys would love that role.

CP3 has been toast the last 4 games. He's really worn down and his age and lack of size are hurting PHX.
Will be interesting to see what PHX does next year at Guard.

The notion that the Suns are just so much better than the mavs has been put to rest Dallas won 3 and none of those games where close. The Suns will probably win the series by being home for game 7 but had it been in Dallas I would feel really good about it. The gap between the Mavs and the top of the western conference is not big at all

ghst187

Reaction score
Harden chokes again….Durant chokes again….Westbrook implodes…
Presti looking like a genius for getting enough draft picks for those guys to fill six rosters for the next decade

RonWashington

Reaction score
Basketball like football in the “ Big Apple “ totally sucks . It’s hilarious how long the Knicks have been totally ping pong ball territory . And Brooklyn is hype . No ability to hang .

Game seven round 2 in the playoffs in Dallas . Jason Kidd making Cuban very happy . Doing a good job .

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Whooop dem tricks…

See ya Memphis

Normally I roll my eyes on these comments from losing players about “we’re going to be back next year,” or “see you in the Playoffs” Dak style. But I do think that public Grizz comment from Dillon Brooks has a point. They lost their best player, and they are a freaking young squad. We’ve seen these teams fall apart before (Oklahoma City anyone?) but they do have a bright future.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Normally I roll my eyes on these comments from losing players about “we’re going to be back next year,” or “see you in the Playoffs” Dak style. But I do think that public Grizz comment from Dillon Brooks has a point. They lost their best player, and they are a freaking young squad. We’ve seen these teams fall apart before (Oklahoma City anyone?) but they do have a bright future.
Dillon Brooks is the Dubs villan.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The notion that the Suns are just so much better than the mavs has been put to rest Dallas won 3 and none of those games where close. The Suns will probably win the series by being home for game 7 but had it been in Dallas I would feel really good about it. The gap between the Mavs and the top of the western conference is not big at all

In Lukas absence with the calf strain earlier in game 2 against Utah Jalen Brunson more then proved himself capable of being a competitive addition assistance to the Mavs Euro mega star .

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
MEM is very interesting.
But they need to get Ja off twitter.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
In Lukas absence with the calf strain earlier in game 2 against Utah Jalen Brunson more then proved himself capable of being a competitive addition assistance to the Mavs Euro mega star .
Brunson is a really good player that the Mavs need to resign 100%.
He fits quite well next to Luka.
His footwork is elite and that means he is fundamentally sound.
Coached by his Dad and Jay Wright and well, he is as well coached as it gets.
But I don't know that he is a 2nd best player on a Championship team type guy.
And Utah was playing without any real Guard defense. Brunson's showing versus PHX has been more realistic imo.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Harden chokes again….Durant chokes again….Westbrook implodes…
Presti looking like a genius for getting enough draft picks for those guys to fill six rosters for the next decade
Presti is like a kid playing franchise mode that just intentionally loses and tanks the first 3 years of a career to build around the best players in the draft.
The problem for Presti is he's never shown how to actually win big.
Traded Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis under cover of the Supersonics moving cross country.
Drafted star power galore in Durant, Westbrook, Harden but couldn't get that group over the top then traded Westbrook and lost Durant in FA.
Now he's got 100 draft picks for 14 roster slots and no star players.
OKC has only made it out of the 1st round 1 time since 2013/14. Insane.
And people are talking him up as the answer to the Lakers prayers which is kinda hilarious.
The Lakers fanbase will go insane if they have to tear down to below 25 wins a couple years in a row like Presti runs things.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Brunson is a really good player that the Mavs need to resign 100%.
He fits quite well next to Luka.
His footwork is elite and that means he is fundamentally sound.
Coached by his Dad and Jay Wright and well, he is as well coached as it gets.
But I don't know that he is a 2nd best player on a Championship team type guy.
And Utah was playing without any real Guard defense. Brunson's showing versus PHX has been more realistic imo.

Jason Kidd said early in the Phx series can’t win this with only 77 and four spectators . If Brunson didn’t step up huge game 2 and they go down 2-0 to Utah that series may have ended differently .

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Phoenix definitely not looking like the same powerhouse that barely lost any games this season. Mavs definitely have a shot, but I’m still going with my original pick of the Warriors going back to the Finals. If Giannis wills his team over the Celtics with Middleton still out, pretty much seals the deal he is the greatest player in the NBA right now. Sitting here debating between Joker and Embiid but I think Giannis maybe should have just received MVP for several seasons now.

ghst187

Reaction score
Presti is like a kid playing franchise mode that just intentionally loses and tanks the first 3 years of a career to build around the best players in the draft.
The problem for Presti is he's never shown how to actually win big.
Traded Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis under cover of the Supersonics moving cross country.
Drafted star power galore in Durant, Westbrook, Harden but couldn't get that group over the top then traded Westbrook and lost Durant in FA.
Now he's got 100 draft picks for 14 roster slots and no star players.
OKC has only made it out of the 1st round 1 time since 2013/14. Insane.
And people are talking him up as the answer to the Lakers prayers which is kinda hilarious.
The Lakers fanbase will go insane if they have to tear down to below 25 wins a couple years in a row like Presti runs things.

one perspective…some of which I agree with but they did get to the finals and were a power for quite a run. They could’ve won it if those guys weren’t chokers. They also happened to be playing the prime Lebron, Bosh, Wade team. Have to tip the cap also to what he was able to spin out of them. I’d argue SGA is a certifiable star and the kid they just drafted is looking like he will be one. What he’s failed at is getting the right coach and he hung on to Westbrook a bit too long. OKC isn’t LA or NY. They are a small market team….heck they kinda were in Seattle too. They will always be a small fish in a shark tank like the Indianas and Memphis’s of the league. The deck is stacked against them to begin with. They aren’t going to lure high profile FAs or coaches. They have to draft it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
one perspective…some of which I agree with but they did get to the finals and were a power for quite a run. They could’ve won it if those guys weren’t chokers. They also happened to be playing the prime Lebron, Bosh, Wade team. Have to tip the cap also to what he was able to spin out of them. I’d argue SGA is a certifiable star and the kid they just drafted is looking like he will be one. What he’s failed at is getting the right coach and he hung on to Westbrook a bit too long. OKC isn’t LA or NY. They are a small market team….heck they kinda were in Seattle too. They will always be a small fish in a shark tank like the Indianas and Memphis’s of the league. The deck is stacked against them to begin with. They aren’t going to lure high profile FAs or coaches. They have to draft it.
Presti has a lot of fans but they are generally the Madden/2K style fans. Win or tank. Entertain us in the season OR off-season.
OKC had a ton of talent when they flat lost to the 2011 Mavs with KD/Harden./Westbrook/Ibaka... I mean lord.
But Presti hasn't been back to doing any winning since 2014. That is a LONG time.
He misread the Westbrook/Harden stuff badly then lost KD for nothing.
I am sorry but I can't co-sign a dude with so few scalps in 8 years.
And this has nothing to do with LeBron because OKC couldn't advance to face LeBron.

SGA is a solid player but he is most definitely not a star YET. He's missing a ton of games yearly and his 25,5,5 is coming for teams winning 25 games or less.
And he's made zero all star games much less all NBA games.

OKC is def small market and they do need to hit on draft picks but they are collecting non lottery picks almost no one wants.
Giddey may end up a player but they drafted like 6 guys last draft and I have heard of exactly one: Giddey. And Josh has to learn to shoot it. 41% FG and 26 3PT won't cut it.
There are only so many roster spots. Selecting 3 or 4 R1 guys a year is going to fail as you are guaranteeing pay days but don't have the roster spots.

I can see why the OKC job is tough and I can see why they aren't firing him but I can;t see why any other fan base would be clamoring for him.
His last All NBA draftee was old man James Harden.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could be wrong, but I dont think the Celtics Mavericks or Suns have a single player on their respective rosters with a championship ring. And the Heat only have Kyle Lowery