NBA Playoffs

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
They were contributing quite nicely offensive wise being who they are and what they can do in previous 2 series.

Both missed easy at the basket opportunities, those can really be game and momentum swings.

Imo, Poole got a rude welcoming to Finals play, he's good but doesn't have the right DNA yet. The Warriors definitely need his production. I know he'll learn, just have to be patient and not force his stuff.

Dang the Celtics shot the heck out and burned the nets in the 4th!

The Celts were hitting 3s at a pretty insane clip (~51%). If they just shot at around there season average (~36%) it’s a different ball game.

quickccc

Reaction score
You're not going to beat a team that does that. They were hottttttt
in the 4th, nothing GS could do. When you're on like that, it's usually
lights off for the opponent.

Not only did Celtics catch fire but they had streaks and runs of 11-0 and 14-0 runs, when no one but Curry could buy a basket, or there was
a Warriors turnover...

And what are the odds their best player Tatum struggles so mightily but yet the Celtics had Brown, Alford and White just zinging up baskets and treys to
break the Warriors break and spirit .. on their own homecourt where they were thought to be nigh-high so difficult to beat..? .

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Again, vintage 3rd quarter for the Warriors, but this time no Celtics heroics in the 4th.

Several of Boston's starters were in scoring hibernation. How the heck, huh.
That doomed them.

I thought GS were a little tight in the first half, and Boston the looser.
Reverse results, GS started slow in Game 2, but won going away.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Again, vintage 3rd quarter for the Warriors, but this time no Celtics heroics in the 4th.

Several of Boston's starters were in scoring hibernation. How the heck, huh.
That doomed them.

I thought GS were a little tight in the first half, and Boston the looser.
Reverse results, GS started slow in Game 2, but won going away.

I get the feeling this is going to go back and forth; Celts probably win Game 3 and then the Dubs take Game 4 in Boston.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Its tough to have two non-shooters (Looney and Green) on the court. Looney has no verticality and watching him pass out of the paint is painful to watch sometimes.
Luckily they came through tonight, net +13, just about the winning margin. And Poole found his range, even shooting from SLO, made up the difference.

He really needs to learn the value and importance of the NBA Finals. Big spotlight for him. Stay in control young fella.

Thought Bjjelica had some quality minutes, although he missed some give me's.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
I get the feeling this is going to go back and forth; Celts probably win Game 3 and then the Dubs take Game 4 in Boston.
Although, Boston stole the HCA, like you said, back and forth, and imo still a tossup.

You may be right, one way or the other. Enjoy.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Although, Boston stole the HCA, like you said, back and forth, and imo still a tossup.

You may be right, one way or the other. Enjoy.
C's are 3-4 in their last 7 playoff home games.

I think we will have to steal another road game to win the series

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The sooner the better just to keep some intense pressure on the Celtics "young" team.
If Boston loses game 3, I think they should try to talk Scalabrine out of retirement. Thats if Scalabrine is even legal anymore

Nav22

Reaction score
Warriors are done messing around with the Celtics. I was never scared of the team that needed 7 games to beat the gimpy Miami Heat.

Limit their easy paint buckets, don’t give them a million FTs and force them to jack contested jumpers. Over the course of a 7-game series, Golden State will gladly play those percentages.

Horford, Smart and White:
15-23 from 3 in Game 1... 2-7 from 3 in Game 2.

Draymond was spot-on when he highlighted that trio’s insane shooting numbers after Game 1 and shrugged it off: “We’ll be fine.”

Jayson Tatum’s still the most overrated “superstar” in the NBA this season. Minus 36 tonight, the worst Finals plus-minus in the play-by-play era. He’s a very good player, but he’s more Jimmy Butler/Donovan Mitchell than Kevin Durant/Giannis. He’s not some transcendent player we’ll be telling our grandkids about... but Steph Curry is, and that’s why he’ll (finally) be Finals MVP.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
GSW present a unique challenge because they are going to average 110 for the series.
BOS has to match that which was always the question.

Its high-level basketball being played. 2 very deserving finalists.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Good game for the Celts.

Their length at the rim has caused problems for the Dubs all series.

These slow starts for the Warriors are troublesome and inexplicable. It’s amazing to me how amateurish they can look like at times. The unforced turnovers are maddening. You would think with the stakes being what they are that they’d play cleaner ball but they continue to be sloppy and inconsistent on defense.

ESisback

Reaction score
Warriors are done messing around with the Celtics. I was never scared of the team that needed 7 games to beat the gimpy Miami Heat.

Limit their easy paint buckets, don’t give them a million FTs and force them to jack contested jumpers. Over the course of a 7-game series, Golden State will gladly play those percentages.

Horford, Smart and White:
15-23 from 3 in Game 1... 2-7 from 3 in Game 2.

Draymond was spot-on when he highlighted that trio’s insane shooting numbers after Game 1 and shrugged it off: “We’ll be fine.”

Jayson Tatum’s still the most overrated “superstar” in the NBA this season. Minus 36 tonight, the worst Finals plus-minus in the play-by-play era. He’s a very good player, but he’s more Jimmy Butler/Donovan Mitchell than Kevin Durant/Giannis. He’s not some transcendent player we’ll be telling our grandkids about... but Steph Curry is, and that’s why he’ll (finally) be Finals MVP.

Boston 116 Golden State 100.

The Celtics have the NBA’s best defense. They are a team with depth, not a collection of 3 or 4 big names. Save the tough guy act, Mr. Green! Curry’s a great player, but the whole peacock with the mouthpiece binky is kinda comical.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
A win is a win. Warriors, though, not playing their best basketball. It's huge anytime you win on the road and regain homecourt advantage at the same time.

Not that Green is a scorer, but 4 total points the past 2 games is not going to cut it or make things comfortable for the Warriors.

Turnover bug biting both teams.

Both teams not showing any dominance making it an up for grabs title.

ESisback

Reaction score
The Warriors are the media darling, with little cutesy boy and his mouthpiece binky, dropping treys. You’ll never convince me the Celtics aren’t the better team.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Good game, back and forth all day until that final few minutes when Warriors could keep a small lead.

I think CalPoly called it - going be a back n forth series. Everyone wants to go ahead and crown Golden State but the Celtics are fighting and hanging in there.

Durant should have just stayed with the team. He could have been the man the last 2 years when Curry and Thompson were hurt and would be winning more than he ever will with the Nets.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Celtics can't have cold stretches because they won't ever match the heat Curry can bring over a short spurt.

BOS probably has a better overall team but they have to find buckets consistently without droughts.
Such a good series.
Very interesting as we look at future basketball.
Curry single-handledly keeping the hoop dream alive for dudes under 6'6".

ESisback

Reaction score
Unless it’s a team from L.A. or N.Y., the league makes more profit selling individuals, as opposed to teams. Curry, Lebron, KD, etc. Kids now like Mahomes and Brady, not the Chiefs or Bucs