NBA season 19-20 Part 2

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Portland is not gonna be an easy out. I still see the Lakers, probably in 6. The Trailblazers aren't your typical 8th seed

Lakers need to get a win tonight. Problem is that even if the Lakers somehow win this series they just don't look like a team ready to make a deep playoff run, hopefully they can get some momentum going.

Impressive win last night. Tatum's got that dog in him.

Philadelphia as a franchise looks in disarray. Those Horford and Harris contracts are looking bad

Celtics playing well. They look ready.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
All you Laker haters should be getting your kicks now, Lakers cold as ice atm. I kind of seen this coming with the way the Lakers were playing during this season part 2. There's a decent chance the Lakers will get eliminated in RD1.

:popcorn:

If i was i Laker hater i would be smiling as well, take it while you can get it.
Like i said i will be cheering for the Mavs if/until they have to play the Lakers, and that's not because i like people from Texas :laugh:, i like Luka's vision/game and hope the best from him.
Lakers are typical of team who clinched early.
Slow start to playoffs but will prevail -- losing Avery Bradley hurts versus Dame but they will win over the course of the series likely 4-2.

Mavs are probably losing 4-2 but Clips need Pat Bev to harass and wear down Luka.
Still think it comes down to Clips/Lakers and which is healthier at time of that series wins.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Man the 76ers are hot garbage
It's wild man how much "the process" got all that love and how insanely popular tanking was for a couple seasons.
Philly seems to have hit a round 1 playoff ceiling with this team and needs to re-build with an NBA offense built around a playmaker with range.
19th in 3pt made per game isn't going to cut it.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Bucs look to be back on track after that game 1 loss.

Luka Doncic ankle questionable for game 4. Not sure how bad it is, hopefully he'll play.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's wild man how much "the process" got all that love and how insanely popular tanking was for a couple seasons.
Philly seems to have hit a round 1 playoff ceiling with this team and needs to re-build with an NBA offense built around a playmaker with range.
19th in 3pt made per game isn't going to cut it.
Read an article on Liberty Ballers how they turned all the assets they had the last couple years into Al Horford and Tobias Harris's terrible contracts. Harris's wouldn't be that bad, but he is an awful playoff player

Alot of talk about them moving Embiid or Simmons. Hard to imagine them getting more than $.75 on the dollar for either

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
push-brooms-br904-64_1000.jpg

76ers play their best game of the series offensively but got torched by Walker and Tatum. Ill give them some credit, game 3 and 4 they sure did have some fight.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Looouuuukaahhhhhhh!! Pretty sure I scared my neighbors watching this game on my phone whilst sitting on the porch :muttley:
Another all-time NBA record.

• Youngest player to ever record a 40 point triple-double in the playoffs.
  • Also only the 2nd player ever to score 40+ and also hit the take-the-lead buzzer-beating game-winner. The other Jordan when he hot "the shot" vs Cleveland.

coogrfan

Reaction score
As a Rox fan I take no pleasure in saying this, but anyone who can't see that Luka is the next face of the NBA is blind.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Read an article on Liberty Ballers how they turned all the assets they had the last couple years into Al Horford and Tobias Harris's terrible contracts. Harris's wouldn't be that bad, but he is an awful playoff player

Alot of talk about them moving Embiid or Simmons. Hard to imagine them getting more than $.75 on the dollar for either
Jimmy Butler is better than anyone they have.
These moves have seemed to reek of desperation.

Simmons is a great player in the wrong era.
Distance shooting is king. You gotta fire them up even if you are less than league average.
Letting teams know you won't means collapsing defenses.
The same zone that limited him in college is being played in the NBA.
And you knock teams out of zones but hitting outside shots.

Embiid is a really good player but he's not the top dog on a title team.
He's a 3rd best guy ideally given his injuries.

PHI just has to re-group and get in a modern system.
Maybe look to dump some salary on the Knicks.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
As a Rox fan I take no pleasure in saying this, but anyone who can't see that Luka is the next face of the NBA is blind.
Yup. He's been going toe toe with LeBron and Harden as a kid.
He isn't either yet but it's clearly coming.

When LAC doesn't have Kawhi or PatBev on him he scored pretty much at will. and Rick kept forcing switches onto other guys. (outcoaching Doc??)
He forced the best defensive team in the NBA to go into a zone with his penetration skills.

But it's a long 7 games and DAL will need a lot more help for Luka to win this thing.
Win, lose or Draw though DAL has got to be looking mighty appealing to free agents.

Ren

Reaction score
The Mavs future look very bright right now regardless of how this series turns out, they’ll be competing for a championship in the next few years. Luka is unreal

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Well, that sucked.

Nothing like getting beat by 40+ points and having Carlisle ejected. The Mavs need Porzingis back bad.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Well, that sucked.

Nothing like getting beat by 40+ points and having Carlisle ejected. The Mavs need Porzingis back bad.
The officiating is awful. However, Dallas just couldn't keep up offensively this game. Shot poor. Luka was clearly hurting. Marcus Morris is on my "Catch me outside" list. What a jerk. Cleary stepped on Lukas ankle intentionally while being up 30. They're scared to have Luka, and KP even at 50% next game.