NBA Season: 2020/2021

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Just think, if it's Phx VS. Atlanta, then neither of the Finals teams would have been in the playoffs last year. Don't know if that has ever happened. 2008 Finals is the closest I can think of where the Celtics didnt make it in 2007 and the Lakers were a 7th seed

I think the Lakers most likely would have won last year's Finals anyways
I am a fan of all the new blood in the playoffs.
It may hurt ratings a bit but is probably worth it in the long run as you expand the base to more people when their teams go deep.
Casuals become serious fans of the game.

Lakers got pristine health last year form LeBron and AD which is somewhat rare but they were definitely in a league of their own.
I actually thought this roster was a bit stronger but the short off-season and congested schedule did them no favors.
Will be interesting to see how they address the off-season.
LeBron still clearly has it but I'm not sure he has 82 games anymore.
AD has always been a guy that battled injuries. All that size and movement wears on a body.

Folks were ready to break the Bucks up a week ago and now these guys are in the Finals.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Great to see Chris Paul in the finals finally!
More for me than seeing him there was seeing him play such a big role in getting there.
So many vets just latch onto the biggest star to go get a ring but he actually earned this Finals spot as a consistent clutch scorer and veteran presence on a young team.
Good for him for sure.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am a fan of all the new blood in the playoffs.
It may hurt ratings a bit but is probably worth it in the long run as you expand the base to more people when their teams go deep.
Casuals become serious fans of the game.

Lakers got pristine health last year form LeBron and AD which is somewhat rare but they were definitely in a league of their own.
I actually thought this roster was a bit stronger but the short off-season and congested schedule did them no favors.
Will be interesting to see how they address the off-season.
LeBron still clearly has it but I'm not sure he has 82 games anymore.
AD has always been a guy that battled injuries. All that size and movement wears on a body.

Folks were ready to break the Bucks up a week ago and now these guys are in the Finals.
I dont know how well some of their additions fit. Drummond definitely didnt, and Shroder seemed like a dudious fit with Lebron

ghst187

Reaction score
More for me than seeing him there was seeing him play such a big role in getting there.
So many vets just latch onto the biggest star to go get a ring but he actually earned this Finals spot as a consistent clutch scorer and veteran presence on a young team.
Good for him for sure.

definitely!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I dont know how well some of their additions fit. Drummond definitely didnt, and Shroder seemed like a dudious fit with Lebron
In hindsight they fit poorly but I thought Shroeder was a good player and he did lead the team in total points scored with something like 950.
I'd rather have Shroeder than Rondo by a wide margin.
I also really liked that Trez/Gasol combo. But apparently no one on the Lakers staff agreed lol. Maybe Marc was just more cooked than I thought.

I like Caruso, Morris, THT, Wes Matthews as those 7-10 guys who you ride when hot or depending upon matchup.

I'm just not sure anything they could have done would have overcome AD/LBJ combining for less than 82 games.
Like the Mavs hitching their wagon to KP, you gotta take the good with the bad on AD and his body handling 82 games every year is unlikely.
But his ceiling is a beautiful thing when he is right and healthy.

rags

Reaction score
I haven't read all of the posts in this section.

Has anyone pointed out that the last time the Bucks were NBA champs, the Cowboys won the Super Bowl?

Flamma

Reaction score
I haven't read all of the posts in this section.

Has anyone pointed out that the last time the Bucks were NBA champs, the Cowboys won the Super Bowl?

I haven't seen it mentioned, but I didn't read this entire thread either. But check it out......

The last time the Bucks won, the Cowboys won a SB. The last time the Suns were in the finals and lost, the Cowboys won the SB. So if the Bucks take game 6, it's pretty much locked up. As good as any statement from the Oracle at Delphi.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
NBA Free agency begins August 2nd.

I hated the long, sport free period from COVID but man this compressed, can't blink sports schedule has been awesome since.

NBA, IMO, has the best free agency and off-season of any sports.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Anyone still criticizing Giannis needs a history lesson. He's doing things in the Finals that haven't been done in 40-50 years - aka, not even Jordan - and carried his team to the title. Even MJ didn't have to score 40-45% of his team's points. Giannis is a beast, and an NBA champion.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Anyone still criticizing Giannis needs a history lesson. He's doing things in the Finals that haven't been done in 40-50 years - aka, not even Jordan - and carried his team to the title. Even MJ didn't have to score 40-45% of his team's points. Giannis is a beast, and an NBA champion.

Bucks in 6

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Giannis is the most unstoppable force since peak Shaq.
Yes he needs to improve his FT shooting but the man is just bigger, faster and stronger than everyone else.

Congrats to the Bucks and to Giannis for winning it the hard way.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Any thoughts on what the Dubs should do with picks #7 and #14?

1. Package them with perhaps Wiseman for a star player

2. Package picks and player to move up in draft

3. Sit and make the picks

kskboys

Reaction score
Jordan was a creator and was a huge factor in others scoring.

Giannis is a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!