NBA Season 23-24

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The season has started and as a Spurs fan, it's been awhile since I've been this excited for the season to start. Can't wait to watch Wemby, I was watching pre-season games, I never did that before. The Wemby hype is real, he's just different out there. Go Spurs Go!!!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
OMG. Wemby going to be freaking good! He has the dawg in him to compliment those crazy skills that someone 7'4" shouldn't have. We are so darn lucky as Spurs fans. Barring injury, we just got another HOF big man. Wow.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
OMG. Wemby going to be freaking good! He has the dawg in him to compliment those crazy skills that someone 7'4" shouldn't have. We are so darn lucky as Spurs fans. Barring injury, we just got another HOF big man. Wow.

Watched both games and will be watching tonight's also. I very, very rarely watch much NBA this early in the season, but this kid is electric. There has been some crazy good games, the first couple days of the season. Luka has been insane, some wild finishes, seems like there are more good teams than usual, a lot of young talent throughout the league.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Feels good as a Mavs fan to be 2-0 and with some idea of how Grant and Josh fit around Luka/Kyrie.
DLive is a good rookie.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Grant fits with anyone. 6'7 guy who defend the paint, switch and shoot the three dont have problems with integration.

Wish we kept him
It is wild because Marcus Smart and Grant Williams are two of the more ideal players to me around a superstar.
But Boston has had a ton of talent throughout that roster as they look for their own perfect mix.

Dallas had to get some strength inside and Grant provides that even he is really only about 6'5". He holds his own on the box versus actual centers.
This rookie can provide rim protection if they keep him out of foul trouble.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Watched both games and will be watching tonight's also. I very, very rarely watch much NBA this early in the season, but this kid is electric. There has been some crazy good games, the first couple days of the season. Luka has been insane, some wild finishes, seems like there are more good teams than usual, a lot of young talent throughout the league.
Didn't play too hot last night. But he's only 19. Before season began, I was ready for him not to be an All-Star just like Garnett, Kobe, etc who if they were voted in at 19, it was because of hype, not for performance. But after watching him in Summer League and Preseason, I realize he might be ready after this year. He makes it look so darn easy. Starting to wonder if those draft picks they stockpiled will come fast enough now if he plays like he did against the Rockets. We don't get the unprotected Hawks picks until 2025. Toronto's pick next year is top 6 protected. Let's hope it just makes it at #7.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is wild because Marcus Smart and Grant Williams are two of the more ideal players to me around a superstar.
But Boston has had a ton of talent throughout that roster as they look for their own perfect mix.

Dallas had to get some strength inside and Grant provides that even he is really only about 6'5". He holds his own on the box versus actual centers.
Has has pretty good length for his height. That helps alot defending post players. Before he found his shot his 3rd, he got a steady diet of minutes just for his ability to switch on defense as a "big".

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Boston is definitely going to be interesting this year. Getting Holiday helps make up for the loss of Smart. He and White should be a suffocating back court.

So far Porzingis looks like he will fit in very well. Obviously with him health and when he happens to get hurt is what matters. I think you guys got the worst of him, he probably hadnt fully recovered from his injury. A knee injury for a 7'3 dude can take a while to heal.

We are still lighter than Id like to be inside. We got a 10m trade exception from you guys in the Grant "trade", and alot of 2nds so there are avenues to address that. In general the bench is so so at best. Top 5 is incredibly strong whenever Porzingis is healthy

This squad seems like a huge gamble. My guess is Stevens didnt believe the team was a close as fans thought and decided to be agressive

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Didn't play too hot last night. But he's only 19. Before season began, I was ready for him not to be an All-Star just like Garnett, Kobe, etc who if they were voted in at 19, it was because of hype, not for performance. But after watching him in Summer League and Preseason, I realize he might be ready after this year. He makes it look so darn easy. Starting to wonder if those draft picks they stockpiled will come fast enough now if he plays like he did against the Rockets. We don't get the unprotected Hawks picks until 2025. Toronto's pick next year is top 6 protected. Let's hope it just makes it at #7.
He's definitely shown the reason for all the hype. It's going to be a learning year, going to be plenty of bumps and bruises and guys wanting to challenge him and some that wish they hadn't. The next step is getting an actual PG that can run the point. The team is in such a good spot, tons of draft cap to pick a good one or move up, make trades, they have a lot of options. It's gonna be fun watching this team grow.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Boston is definitely going to be interesting this year. Getting Holiday helps make up for the loss of Smart. He and White should be a suffocating back court.

So far Porzingis looks like he will fit in very well. Obviously with him health and when he happens to get hurt is what matters. I think you guys got the worst of him, he probably hadnt fully recovered from his injury. A knee injury for a 7'3 dude can take a while to heal.

We are still lighter than Id like to be inside. We got a 10m trade exception from you guys in the Grant "trade", and alot of 2nds so there are avenues to address that. In general the bench is so so at best. Top 5 is incredibly strong whenever Porzingis is healthy

This squad seems like a huge gamble. My guess is Stevens didnt believe the team was a close as fans thought and decided to be agressive
KP is an East Coast guy. He loves the NYC area so should be happier than he was in Dallas.
And he is more mature now and likely less hungry for the ball and spotlight.
His comments about his time in Dallas have been very kind tbh.
Dallas had him when he was 100% healthy and he was insanely good in the bubble but it didn't last and was fleeting.
He certainly didn't like falling to option 3 or 4 on offense as he did coming back from some of those injuries.
But as a trail 3 guy he is elite. And that length gives him some off ball defensive viability provided no one wants him to bang in the post.

Agree very much on the Jrue addition. Big win there for Celts.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
KP is an East Coast guy. He loves the NYC area so should be happier than he was in Dallas.
And he is more mature now and likely less hungry for the ball and spotlight.
His comments about his time in Dallas have been very kind tbh.
Dallas had him when he was 100% healthy and he was insanely good in the bubble but it didn't last and was fleeting.
He certainly didn't like falling to option 3 or 4 on offense as he did coming back from some of those injuries.
But as a trail 3 guy he is elite. And that length gives him some off ball defensive viability provided no one wants him to bang in the post.

Agree very much on the Jrue addition. Big win there for Celts.
Downside to Jrue addition is he is 34 and in a walk year. Although they are looking to extend him

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Downside to Jrue addition is he is 34 and in a walk year. Although they are looking to extend him
BOS is trying to make a move and re-shape.
I can see the vision.
If it doesn't work they have some outs as with Jrue.

DAL has built a collective of 17M-ish deals around Luka/Kyrie that is working right now.
Grant/Josh Green/THJ.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BOS is trying to make a move and re-shape.
I can see the vision.
If it doesn't work they have some outs as with Jrue.

DAL has built a collective of 17M-ish deals around Luka/Kyrie that is working right now.
Grant/Josh Green/THJ.
Mid level deals give you so much flexibility. Thats one thing we are missing now. Pretty much max/min. We got picks to use for trades, and thankfully they have more value now, but not a ton of contracts to match. You guys can reshape pretty easily if need be

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The Nuggets are still the team to beat and appear to be better than last season. Their bench is improved as well in my opinion.

Yeah, they are still the team to beat. That is a nice looking ring, it's huge, but it does have a smaller wearable ring that slides out, which is a great idea, doesn't look as good tho.

16982292680335.jpg