NBA Season 23-24

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They had about 35 million in cap space, they didnt need to create anymore. That trade had nothing to do with roster moves they would make this year
Trading 8 was mostly because this draft was hot garbage IMO.
But they are about 10M off the NBA floor so will certainly be signing someone and they likely think they will be better than pick 8 ever will be.
I can easily see them grab 2-3 of the 2nd tier FA who would have value as trade assets longer term and allow them to become play-in level competitive now.

How wild if they resign DeRozan or Anderson?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trading 8 was mostly because this draft was hot garbage IMO.
But they are about 10M off the NBA floor so will certainly be signing someone and they likely think they will be better than pick 8 ever will be.
I can easily see them grab 2-3 of the 2nd tier FA who would have value as trade assets longer term and allow them to become play-in level competitive now.

How wild if they resign DeRozan or Anderson?
That would definitely be interesting

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Warriors in a dire situation missing out on George and now Klay all but surely leaving. Not to mention Wiggins is a diminshed asset. Sad to see; was hoping for one last run for Curry but that door looks closed now.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Chris Paul going to the Spurs for 1 year and $11 million. Great signing for the Spurs.
It is. Especially if they are looking to their young core into the play in/playoffs. With the Hawks in disarray, Spurs dont really need to look to their own picks for top tier draft talent. That will probably come from Atlanta

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Well Hartenstein to OKC

Can't blame him, three years $87 million

For NY I'd still take

C: Mitchell Robinson
PF: Julius Randle, Precious Achuwa (free agent)
SF: OG Anunoby, Josh Hart
SG: Mikal Bridges, Donte Divincenzo
PG: Jalen Brunson, Miles McBride

Over pretty much everybody when healthy

And if we're talking potential 9th or 10th man, Jericho Sims is an okay back up big

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The biggest issue with going from Hartenstein to Robinson is going to be the free throw percentage

He's unplayable in the final minutes in close games

We could do a lineup of Randle, Anunoby, Bridges, Divincenzo and Brunson in crunch time

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Well Hartenstein to OKC

Can't blame him, three years $87 million

For NY I'd still take

C: Mitchell Robinson
PF: Julius Randle, Precious Achuwa (free agent)
SF: OG Anunoby, Josh Hart
SG: Mikal Bridges, Donte Divincenzo
PG: Jalen Brunson, Miles McBride

Over pretty much everybody when healthy

And if we're talking potential 9th or 10th man, Jericho Sims is an okay back up big
Are you comfortable with Sims playing in possibly long stretches - Robinson does get hurt.

I think we might need a more established back-up.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
NBA Free Agency is the best free agency, but this new CBA may has neutered it a bit. We shall see in a few hours.

Mavs will hope for a S&T with Klay that allows them to get DJJ back on non-tax MLE. Nico is the best GM the org has had, ever. THJ for Grimes plus 12M in cap space was really good.

So much fake Lakers fan fic stuff out there it is hard to tell what is real. With a full MLE they will get a good player for sure.

Hartenstein is prolly looking at 4/100M but his number may even go higher as the best center available.
Knicks are still really good but that does hurt some as they would need a resurgent and style-altered Randle. (more big man duties; less left-hand blackhole on offense.)

PG landing spot? DeRozen part of Bulls go forward plans? Harden got any juice left?

DDR is gone. This offseason has been about starting a retooling of sorts. Giddey brings size and passing/pacing to the PG position (what Ball was supposed to do).

They are keeping Williams (5 yrs /$90M) … which is pretty reasonable. A lot of Bulls fans are down on him. I’m not entirely. I think there is more there to develop. Buzelis was a good pick in the draft. Didn’t expect him to be there at 11. Him and PAW could form an interesting forward tandem in a few years.

Vuch, Lavine, and Ball are on the block - but it’s going to be difficult to move them.

I’m curious to see more pace from the offense with Giddey running the show. There isn’t a lot of iso threat on this team outside of Lavine and Coby (ish… to a certain extent).

It’s going to be a rough year. Which…. Is fine. They finally seem to have a direction they are heading versus trying to field a barely play in eligible team that is treading water and aging.