NBA Season 23-24

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Suns vs Spurs tonight, don't think Spurs have much of a chance, but KD and Wemby should be interesting.
Incredible finish last night. That was a Larry Bird steal moment from KD! Once Wemby came in, started dominating in 4th as usual. I don't know why Pop keeps that weird rotation of Wemby coming back for final 2 minutes.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Harden to Clippers for multiple first round picks and players.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38784569/philadelphia-76ers-agree-trade-james-harden-la-clippers

The Clippers do not have a first or second round pick until 2030 and Kawhi, George and Harden can all leave after this season. :facepalm:
I saw the video of Harden going into the Clips locker room and Russell Westbrook welcoming him.

All these guys together either going to end great, or really bad like some of the other ‘dream teams’ gone wrong.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Incredible finish last night. That was a Larry Bird steal moment from KD! Once Wemby came in, started dominating in 4th as usual. I don't know why Pop keeps that weird rotation of Wemby coming back for final 2 minutes.
Yeah, that was crazy! I had dozed off and woke up in the middle of the 3rd period, kept watching. Down 20, but they were scrappy and kept the team motto of "pounding the rock". I haven't been too fond of keeping Wemby on the bench so late in some of these games, but last night, that weird rotation was working. I think Pop wanted to bring him back a little sooner, but it was working. The Spurs only had a lead in that game for 1.6 seconds, but it was the right 1.6 seconds.

The winning odds probability for the Spurs last night was bleak, to say the least, lol......
F90o7xcX0AAIfrj

Wemby's Halloween costume, before the game was epic, Slender Man. He looked freaky, that would scare me...lol :eek:

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
I saw the video of Harden going into the Clips locker room and Russell Westbrook welcoming him.

All these guys together either going to end great, or really bad like some of the other ‘dream teams’ gone wrong.
Harden has requested a trade from the Clippers

:lmao: joking, not yet at least.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Mavs are 4-0 but haven't really played anybody, I'll still take it.

Friday @Nuggets

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
19 years old, 5th NBA game ever, and Wemby 38 points and 10 boards. He plays with all these other young guys, and I think they‘re just now realizing they can feed him the ball just about anywhere.

I looked at some other HOF 19 year old game logs. Garnett only had 1 game over 30, Kobe 0. Lebron had a 30-burger about his 20th game, and a 38 point game halfway into his rookie year.

Yep, better trade some of those future picks now for whatever he needs to win it all because Wemby is going to be ready by the end of this year. Unfreakingbelievable. Spurs are already back. Wow!

BTW, Suns fans must be hating life. So much for going back to the NBA Finals. That whole Oklahoma City trío — KD, Westbrook, Harden — been losers since they split apart. (Durant joined an already established champion in Golden State)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
19 years old, 5th NBA game ever, and Wemby 38 points and 10 boards. He plays with all these other young guys, and I think they‘re just now realizing they can feed him the ball just about anywhere.

I looked at some other HOF 19 year old game logs. Garnett only had 1 game over 30, Kobe 0. Lebron had a 30-burger about his 20th game, and a 38 point game halfway into his rookie year.

Yep, better trade some of those future picks now for whatever he needs to win it all because Wemby is going to be ready by the end of this year. Unfreakingbelievable. Spurs are already back. Wow!

BTW, Suns fans must be hating life. So much for going back to the NBA Finals. That whole Oklahoma City trío — KD, Westbrook, Harden — been losers since they split apart. (Durant joined an already established champion in Golden State)
They’re still young and learning to play together but man are they learning fast. Tonight’s game was the breakout game for Wemby. He was awesome. So much poise for a 19 yr old rookie. After the Suns tied it up late in the 4th quarter, the Spurs ran off 12 unanswered points. 10 of them by Wemby. He took the game over.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
They’re still young and learning to play together but man are they learning fast. Tonight’s game was the breakout game for Wemby. He was awesome. So much poise for a 19 yr old rookie. After the Suns tied it up late in the 4th quarter, the Spurs ran off 12 unanswered points. 10 of them by Wemby. He took the game over.
giphy.gif

He really is the ONE. LOL
He is the complete package. 7’4”, bulked up and continues to add muscle, mature beyond belief for 19, team player, can play any position AND he’s clutch.
Superman. Spurs better not blow this like they did with Kawhi. Get this man anything he needs.

ESisback

Reaction score
Celtics, baby! They put 155 on the Pacers the other night! 8 players in double figures! 63 off the bench!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
giphy.gif

He really is the ONE. LOL
He is the complete package. 7’4”, bulked up and continues to add muscle, mature beyond belief for 19, team player, can play any position AND he’s clutch.
Superman. Spurs better not blow this like they did with Kawhi. Get this man anything he needs.
They didn’t blow it with Kawhi. He wanted to play in LA.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
They didn’t blow it with Kawhi. He wanted to play in LA.
Meh... I've read everything about it. I know it wasn't necessarily their fault. But just don't know how you let a guy like that get away.

In the end though, I guess it works out. Doubt Wemby would be a Spur if they had kept Kawhi in San Antonio.

Maybe Kawhi can kick his family leeches away like Tyron did, and re-sign with the Spurs as a free agent and help Wemby get there.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Meh... I've read everything about it. I know it wasn't necessarily their fault. But just don't know how you let a guy like that get away.

In the end though, I guess it works out. Doubt Wemby would be a Spur if they had kept Kawhi in San Antonio.

Maybe Kawhi can kick his family leeches away like Tyron did, and re-sign with the Spurs as a free agent and help Wemby get there.
He just didn’t want to play for San Antonio. He pulled a Hardin before it was cool.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics, baby! They put 155 on the Pacers the other night! 8 players in double figures! 63 off the bench!
Id like the see them get a 7th and 10th man. Horford has the 6th man spot locked down. Pritchard to me is more of an 8th man, Hauser is more of a 9th. Id like to see them get maybe a solid 3D wing in the Josh Richardson mold to he the 7th man. And maybe solid energy big as a 10th man

ESisback

Reaction score
Id like the see them get a 7th and 10th man. Horford has the 6th man spot locked down. Pritchard to me is more of an 8th man, Hauser is more of a 9th. Id like to see them get maybe a solid 3D wing in the Josh Richardson mold to he the 7th man. And maybe solid energy big as a 10th man
TRUE, but IMO, their weak spot is HC.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He just didn’t want to play for San Antonio. He pulled a Hardin before it was cool.
He’s a weird cat. The ‘Players Only’ meeting was rumored to have chased him off too. I’m not sure anyone knows the entire story, but I see the Clippers and rest of sports watching world are finally seeing that the strange injury issues without any communication weren’t just on the Spurs.