NBA Season 23-24

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He’s a weird cat. The ‘Players Only’ meeting was rumored to have chased him off too. I’m not sure anyone knows the entire story, but I see the Clippers and rest of sports watching world are finally seeing that the strange injury issues without any communication weren’t just on the Spurs.
I live in Hawaii so got the NBA League Pass so I can watch all the games. Wemby’ s a once in a generation player to watch.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let’s hope the staff hires help!
Teams firing on all cylinders right. Porzingis has integrated expectationally well with Tatum/Brown, and Jrue and White have been a suffocating back court

Double digit win with White against a plucky Brooklyn squad thats probably contending for a 6th seed this year. You just hope these C's can finish how they have started

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I live in Hawaii so got the NBA League Pass so I can watch all the games. Wemby’ s a once in a generation player to watch.
Haven't gotten a chance to watch him in the NBA yet, but from what Ive seen looking at him durinh the draft he looked like a guy that is parts David Robinson, parts Kevin Garnett. Very unique talent. You guys should definitely be excited

ESisback

Reaction score
Teams firing on all cylinders right. Porzingis has integrated expectationally well with Tatum/Brown, and Jrue and White have been a suffocating back court

Double digit win with White against a plucky Brooklyn squad thats probably contending for a 6th seed this year. You just hope these C's can finish how they have started
Just to clarify, the addition of Van Gundy and Cassell should pay dividends.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Clippers 0-3 since the Harden trade. Shocker.

I think Tyron Lue needs to get the hell out of dodge. Always been a fan of his as a coach, and as a player after watching him shut down AI in the Finals.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Mavs have looked good, but they need to add another big Center to be true contenders. MFFL

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

I think Tyron Lue needs to get the hell out of dodge. Always been a fan of his as a coach, and as a player after watching him shut down AI in the Finals.
Have you seen the truly epic rant from the Mavs announcer about Harden? He doesn't pull any punches, ends it with "You're not the Beard, you're not the System, you're the Problem." :lmao::eek:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In season tournament kicked off. I like the idea, and I like how the formated it. However I think there should be a better prize that just $500K per

I think they should keep the $500K (great for bottom roster guys) and add a 1st round pick as the prize.

ESisback

Reaction score
In season tournament kicked off. I like the idea, and I like how the formated it. However I think there should be a better prize that just $500K per

I think they should keep the $500K (great for bottom roster guys) and add a 1st round pick as the prize.
Nice idea!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mavs have looked good, but they need to add another big Center to be true contenders. MFFL
Lively has played well, but I think they mighy not want to rely on a 19 year old as a starter. Probably a good idea to move him to a bench role with 20-25 mpg, and get a vet. Might not matter a ton in the regular season, but it will probably mean alot in the playoffs

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Have you seen the truly epic rant from the Mavs announcer about Harden? He doesn't pull any punches, ends it with "You're not the Beard, you're not the System, you're the Problem." :lmao::eek:

:clap:
Shouldn’t have mic dropped though. Doesn’t make him look any better.

Clippers continue to lose, and Philly continues to win.

I have this pipe dream that LA will implode and Kawhi comes back home to the Spurs next year to help Big Wemby win it all.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
ESPN trying to get a future rivalry going with Wemby vs Chet tonight.

It does seem like the new athletic or play-all-positions big man, is starting to be the next big wave in the NBA.

i

ESisback

Reaction score

It does seem like the new athletic or play-all-positions big man, is starting to be the next big wave in the NBA.

i
They’re searching for the next daily mega-hype. Lebron is done.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

i
Didnt catch the game but box scores look like tough sledding for both last night. How much did they match up against each other. Both are very well rounded young players whose defense is a little ahead of offense right now

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Didnt catch the game but box scores look like tough sledding for both last night. How much did they match up against each other. Both are very well rounded young players whose defense is a little ahead of offense right now
TNT stopped showing the game. There's your answer. LOL

Spurs not only need a true PG, they just need to learn how to play together. Why do all 5 starters have the same amount of shots? Starting to come down now to the realization that it will be another rebuilding year. Got myself overhyped and thinking the rebuild might happen faster with the Wemby highlights first few games and Suns wins. But he needs some help. I thought Pop was a better Coach than this. Control the inmates.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TNT stopped showing the game. There's your answer. LOL

Spurs not only need a true PG, they just need to learn how to play together. Why do all 5 starters have the same amount of shots? Starting to come down now to the realization that it will be another rebuilding year. Got myself overhyped and thinking the rebuild might happen faster with the Wemby highlights first few games and Suns wins. But he needs some help. I thought Pop was a better Coach than this. Control the inmates.
This was definitely still going to be a rebuilding year for you guys. It's still very difficult to win with young talent in the NBA, and most of your top players are still rookie contract guys. Its a good year for them to see how the young talent on hand fits with Wembanyama. Yes he is the type of player that can play with anyone, but you want to find to right mix if you are going all the way.

Vassel IMO is a definite keeper. You always want that sniper, especially if you #1 is a big. Keldon Johnson is a guy I think they should want to evaluate as to whether he is who they want as a #2 or #3, or if he is an asset to help shape the roster. Zach Collins is a pretty good contract to move. Around the deadline, there could be real interest there. Contenders are gonna be interested. Id make that move over chasing a play in right now. You could some decent assets from that. Nothing earth shattering in and of if itself, but some to add to the war chest to make that key offseason move

Cebrin

Reaction score
Refs got bust on the Mavs in the 4th. Tough loss, but well fought. Still room to grow with the noobs.

ArmChairGM

Reaction score
Chet is already a 50/40/90 guy. He's ahead of Wemby, at the moment.

ghst187

Reaction score

There are multiple teams clinging to the past thinking they are contenders when they are not…
Lakers
Clippers

And probably GS