NBA Season 23-24

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup. Issue is with a 6'5 startying PF and an offensive 4 type at the 5 it is tough to defend the paint and rebound.
I really thought that would be the first move they made.
This move actually makes them a little smaller as Caruso is 3 inches shorter than Giddey.
BUT Giddey was benched during the Mavs series and it can be hard to repair that type of relationship.
Of all teams in the NBA you'd love to be OKC the next 5-7 years with those players and trade assets.
The challenge for Presti is always the running of the operation once you have achieved success and stockpiled assets.
How do you handle success and paying everyone and keeping all these guys happy?
But it is a problem every other team would gladly take.
It will be interesting what they do with Williams. I think he can play alot of wing. He is a very good young talent, but is he right for that team? Even being their 2nd best scorer, I can see him being moved too if the right 4 or 5 hits the market

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It will be interesting what they do with Williams. I think he can play alot of wing. He is a very good young talent, but is he right for that team? Even being their 2nd best scorer, I can see him being moved too if the right 4 or 5 hits the market
Yea it is going to be interesting to watch the roster get tweaked.
Especially as they build toward a playoff roster where you can foul and bully people.

With all those assets they just need to choose right because they only have so many minutes and young lottery picks aren't going to be happy forever at the tail end of a rotation.

But if they choose right its hard to see them not being a top 3 NBA team over each of the next 5 years.
They legit have the assets to go get Giannis for instance.
Add him and the defense and rebounding go ballistic.
BUT you do need a certain amount of salary matching for most trades and they are actually light of salary to trade off for now.
It's weird but they really need to acquire a few 15M type guys just as trade filler.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea it is going to be interesting to watch the roster get tweaked.
Especially as they build toward a playoff roster where you can foul and bully people.

With all those assets they just need to choose right because they only have so many minutes and young lottery picks aren't going to be happy forever at the tail end of a rotation.

But if they choose right its hard to see them not being a top 3 NBA team over each of the next 5 years.
They legit have the assets to go get Giannis for instance.
Add him and the defense and rebounding go ballistic.
BUT you do need a certain amount of salary matching for most trades and they are actually light of salary to trade off for now.
It's weird but they really need to acquire a few 15M type guys just as trade filler.
They should still be able to absorb a max, maybe even two. I think SGA, Caruso and Dortz are the only vet deals they have

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Love Bogdanovic when he was with the Spurs. Not that talented except for his size, but he gives his all and love his commercials.
he never really got into rhythm in NY, would have been nice to have a full offseason to get him incorporated but given his salary he was almost always likely to be included in any trade package

what's amazing about this deal is NY still can resign OG Anunoby and we still have two first round picks in tomorrows draft

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Knicks got Mikal Bridges for just Bojan Bogdanovic and picks!
Wow! If you keep OG thats a pretty air tight wing defense. Bridges isnt as good a scorer as he has been in Brooklyn, but he will still give 16/18 a game, good spacing and lock down defense.

I think this move positions the Knicks well to challenge Boston as long as they keep OG. They are set up very well to defend Tatum and Brown. And with Hart and Divincenzo, they have the ability to defend even with them off the floor

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
They say that's the plan...I'm skeptical on whether he'd want to given how crowded we are

I think a sign and trade is probably most likely

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They say that's the plan...I'm skeptical on whether he'd want to given how crowded we are

I think a sign and trade is probably most likely
There is definitely still 30 minutes a game for him, and this move propels NY into legit contention. Boston and NY are the clear top 2 in the East right now, and NY is much closer to Boston than the #3 team is to NY. I dont see a a move anywhere for the East teams that would put them above NY. I dont see OG wanting out of a serious title run in NY. Especially considered how starved NY is for real contention. For a young star, thats like getting handed a blank check

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
There is definitely still 30 minutes a game for him, and this move propels NY into legit contention. Boston and NY are the clear top 2 in the East right now, and NY is much closer to Boston than the #3 team is to NY. I dont see a a move anywhere for the East teams that would put them above NY. I dont see OG wanting out of a serious title run in NY. Especially considered how starved NY is for real contention. For a young star, thats like getting handed a blank check
we can still pay him the most...but I'm ngl, if I'm him I sign with Philly

hopefully he doesn't :)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
we can still pay him the most...but I'm ngl, if I'm him I sign with Philly

hopefully he doesn't :)
Philly is Embiid, Maxey and little else. They could sign him with Harris's contract outgoing, but top to bottom I don't think they would be much if any better than last year. Plus that organization has had ample opportunities and squandered every one. No reason to think they wont again. If I was him Id take NY over Philly every day

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Hopefully...my impression from the Philly series is Embiid was too much for us to handle and we're lucky he was coming off injury

Granted we were without Randle, but I think them getting OG, especially if they can keep Buddy Heid and Kelly Oubre

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hopefully...my impression from the Philly series is Embiid was too much for us to handle and we're lucky he was coming off injury

Granted we were without Randle, but I think them getting OG, especially if they can keep Buddy Heid and Kelly Oubre
You also didn't have Robinson as well.

It may be overblown, or may have gotten better, but I dont think Philadelphia has a great reputation amoungst players. If that holds true, it makes signing top tier stars diffult. Especially when NY can offer the most.

As a Celtics fans, I think we would cut through that Philadelphia team like butter. An NY team with OG, Bridges and a healthy Robinson and Randle, not so confident. In fact if you at two rosters (assuming NY brings OG back) it offers some of the best strength VS. strength matchups Ive seen in a while

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I liked our chances against you guys if we were healthy, and thought even without Randle and Robinson, if otherwise healthy we win 2 games or so

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I liked our chances against you guys if we were healthy, and thought even without Randle and Robinson, if otherwise healthy we win 2 games or so
Health would be a key factor. Keep in mind not only Porzingis's injury history but Holidays as well. Jrue has played 70 games 1 of the last 11 seasons

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
And NY just resigned OG Anunoby

5 years $212.5 million
Not sure if we can resign Hartenstein but...

C: Isiah Hartenstein, Mitchell Robinson (would trade in this scenario)
PF: Julius Randle, ???
SF: OG Anunoby, Josh Hart
SG: Mikal Bridges, Donte Divencenzo
PG: Jalen Brunson, Miles McBride

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

5 years $212.5 million

You called it.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score

5 years $212.5 million

Don't think they gonna be able to afford Hartenstien - gotta keep Robinson.

Either way gonna be nice to watch next year.