NBA Season 23-24

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Don't think they gonna be able to afford Hartenstien - gotta keep Robinson.

Either way gonna be nice to watch next year.
I mean...NY was in the luxary tax while competing for the worse record for about a decade so I don't think there's anything they won't pay
The question is, will anyone offer him more than the 4 year 72.5 million NY can? That's an awful lot for a back up center in OKC. He'd start in ORL but he really has a chance to do something special in NY. We'll see I guess

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And NY just resigned OG Anunoby

5 years $212.5 million
Not sure if we can resign Hartenstein but...

C: Isiah Hartenstein, Mitchell Robinson (would trade in this scenario)
PF: Julius Randle, ???
SF: OG Anunoby, Josh Hart
SG: Mikal Bridges, Donte Divencenzo
PG: Jalen Brunson, Miles McBride
You can sign Hartenstein, but I actually think other teams can offer more

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
You can sign Hartenstein, but I actually think other teams can offer more
yea, so the most they can offer as of last night is 16.2 per

I can see OKC or ORL offering 20 mil+
The one thing I would say, I do think Hartenstein really enjoys playing for the team and I think they could work it out with either him taking a 4 year 65 million dollar deal or maybe signing a 1 year deal and re-entering free agency next year with his full bird rights

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
yea, so the most they can offer as of last night is 16.2 per

I can see OKC or ORL offering 20 mil+
The one thing I would say, I do think Hartenstein really enjoys playing for the team and I think they could work it out with either him taking a 4 year 65 million dollar deal or maybe signing a 1 year deal and re-entering free agency next year with his full bird rights
It all depends on him. OKC is probably his NY's biggest threat. He would likely be a full time starter there and a favorite in the West. Wouldn't sleep on Orlando, they are rising fast. Keeping Achiuwa is a decent fall back though. Will be alot cheaper than Hartenstein

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Achiuwa played well and to be honest, he's a good fall back option if we lose Hartenstein

My major concern is Robinson has one season of 65+ games played

Three of the last four have been less than 60

Hartenstein the last three years has been 68+

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Spurs get Castle. Love the pick. A year or so working on his shot and he’s going to be an All Star.
Wasn’t a great draft to begin with but was hoping the Spurs could trade their picks for an impact guard to help Wemby now. Deflating.

2030 draft pick to use long after Pop is dead, and a good defender but lousy shooter in Castle. Probably what people said about Kawhi too though.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wasn’t a great draft to begin with but was hoping the Spurs could trade their picks for an impact guard to help Wemby now. Deflating.

2030 draft pick to use long after Pop is dead, and a good defender but lousy shooter in Castle. Probably what people said about Kawhi too though.
Probably wasnt one to be had for that pick. I dont think there was alot of interest in picks this year. Just look at what you got for #8. I dont think anyone was moving an impact player for #4.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

The trade of the 8th pick showed me that they’re going to sign someone(s) THIS year. Like next week.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The trade of the 8th pick showed me that they’re going to sign someone(s) THIS year. Like next week.
There isnt really anyone out there that makes sense for them to sign. Any needle moving FA's are old and dont make sense for their timeline.

It was a bizarre trade, but it looks they are stocking assets for Wembanyama's prime. I think they are betting Minnesota implodes. Ant will be a FA in 2029 I believe

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There isnt really anyone out there that makes sense for them to sign. Any needle moving FA's are old and dont make sense for their timeline.

It was a bizarre trade, but it looks they are stocking assets for Wembanyama's prime. I think they are betting Minnesota implodes. Ant will be a FA in 2029 I believe
They could sign a veteran as a bridge during the development of the young guys and provide some veteran leadership. By trading the 8th pick, it frees up 6 mill in cap space this year. So I think it’s better than 50/50 they’ll be signing someone soon.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They could sign a veteran as a bridge during the development of the young guys and provide some veteran leadership. By trading the 8th pick, it frees up 6 mill in cap space this year. So I think it’s better than 50/50 they’ll be signing someone soon.
They had about 35 million in cap space, they didnt need to create anymore. That trade had nothing to do with roster moves they would make this year

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lots of international players were drafted.

It’s good to see that the NBA is continuing the legacy of scouting and drafting great international players like Don Nelson originally started a long time ago before Y2K.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good news Spurs fans, Atlanta ia trading Murray for Larry Nance, Dyson Daniels and a couple #1's

Those ATL picks just got alot more valuable. That 2026 swap could be very significant