NBC Sports-Dallas Cowboy rumors aren't going away for Sean Payton-PFT

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Once again, something said with no basis whatsoever.
It’s called an opinion. Lol

And for your benefit since at times you appear to have never read any of my post, I believe we are a talent dependent team and an Elite QB might elevate our current situation the most. That’s an opinion based on the data I’ve seen and read. OMG. It might differ from yours lol

Little Jr

Reaction score
Is this your way of acknowledging the fact that Payton should have been in the Super Bowl this year? And that he was a miracle play away from at least going to the NFC Championship Game in 2017?

Brees wasn't "Brees" before he had Sean Payton as his coach. In fact, the Chargers drafted Philip Rivers to replace him, and Brees was on the street with a busted shoulder. And Brees stats pre-Payton are much worse than what Dak has done in his 3 years.

Maybe so, and it's also quite possible that the Joneses know exactly how Payton feels about him as a quarterback. And whether or not he could see himself working with him.
No, not at all. It's my way of acknowledging that he passed when he should've been running and another example of his poor clock mgt. I don't give jg credit for , if it wasnt for the dime pass Rodgers threw in 2016 he would've been in the chip game. Or it wasn't for the catch/no catch in 2014 he would've been in the chip game. At the end of both games , they lost. Same with the saints. Although with the saints this past season they had a chance to stop the rams and didn't. Had a chance to win the game in OT and didn't. Only managed 3 points in the whole 4tg qt. Lot more went into that loss than a bad no call.

I'm I'm huge Dak Fan so if you're trying to say Dak could be Breese, I won't argue that. Lol as much as I love Dak and think he's going to be very good and even great, I don't see him doing what Breese has done no matter who the coach is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, not at all. It's my way of acknowledging that he passed when he should've been running and another example of his poor clock mgt. I don't give jg credit for , if it wasnt for the dime pass Rodgers threw in 2016 he would've been in the chip game. Or it wasn't for the catch/no catch in 2014 he would've been in the chip game. At the end of both games , they lost. Same with the saints. Although with the saints this past season they had a chance to stop the rams and didn't. Had a chance to win the game in OT and didn't. Only managed 3 points in the whole 4tg qt. Lot more went into that loss than a bad no call.

I'm I'm huge Dak Fan so if you're trying to say Dak could be Breese, I won't argue that. Lol as much as I love Dak and think he's going to be very good and even great, I don't see him doing what Breese has done no matter who the coach is.
I’d agree Payton had some questionable calls in championship game but we can’t dismiss how blatant the miscall was. So much so, the league change the rules as a result.

That will go down as one of the biggest robs for a team advancing to the Super Bowl.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s called an opinion. Lol

A baseless opinion, "lol", with no basis in fact. A false claim.

And for your benefit since at times you appear to have never read any of my post, I believe we are a talent dependent team and an Elite QB might elevate our current situation the most. That’s an opinion based on the data I’ve seen and read. OMG. It might differ from yours lol

And it also might be more totally unsupported drivel, from a fountain of useless "opinion". "Lol"

Little Jr

Reaction score
If that’s the case then our offensive potential will be limited regardless the coaching staff we have.
Obviously you think Breese is far superior QB than Dak. Then why would you want Payton over JG? JG with Dak over the past 3 has went 32-16 with 1 playoff win and Payton with Brees 31-17 with 2 play-off wins.

I would think with a far superior QB, he could pull off something better than that. And besides the 2016 defense JG didn't have superior defense. 2017 saint's actually had a better defense and 2018 we were better but not close to superior.

He's a slight upgrade and I would take it but there are other nfl coaches or ex coaches that I would take over him. A lot of the times I rather go with thhe devil I know over the devil I don't know. In this case, I rather go with a young DC, OC or college HC that I don't know than Payton that I know what I'm getting. A slight upgrade, poor time mgt skills and has been living off a super bowl from 9 years ago.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

And it also might be more totally unsupported drivel, from a fountain of useless "opinion". "Lol"
Whatever.. you simply don’t like the message so your attempting to discredit the messenger. Boring..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Obviously you think Breese is far superior QB than Dak. Then why would you want Payton over JG? JG with Dak over the past 3 has went 32-16 with 1 playoff win and Payton with Brees 31-17 with 2 play-off wins.

I would think with a far superior QB, he could pull off something better than that. And besides the 2016 defense JG didn't have superior defense. 2017 saint's actually had a better defense and 2018 we were better but not close to superior.

He's a slight upgrade and I would take it but there are other nfl coaches or ex coaches that I would take over him. A lot of the times I rather go with thhe devil I know over the devil I don't know. In this case, I rather go with a young DC, OC or college HC that I don't know than Payton that I know what I'm getting. A slight upgrade, poor time mgt skills and has been living off a super bowl from 9 years ago.
Because if we had Payton I’d assume Jerry's taking a lesser role. If not then Garrett is probably a greater puppet.

And I agree. There are others I’d rather have.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Did it? Or did one of the worst non-calls in history taint this year's Super Bowl? Bias is one thing, practicing willful ignorance is another.

What I'm saying is that it's not out of the realm of possibility. Especially when one considers what Brees did early in his career before hooking up with Payton, and what Dak has done in the first three years of his.

People want to say "Drew Brees HOF" and think it's been that way from day one, when in fact, it hasn't. Prior to hooking up with Payton, Brees was on the street, replaced by Philip Rivers and looking for work. After hooking up with Payton, he's now "Drew Brees HOF". Why couldn't a player with better early numbers potentially become the same given the quality of coaching?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever.. you simply don’t like the message so your attempting to discredit the messenger. Boring..

No, I'm once again shooting Titanic sized holes in your false claims and you don't like it. Too bad. Run.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, I'm once again shooting Titanic sized holes in your false claims and you don't like it. Too bad. Run.
Lol Its easy to shoot holes in opinions.

You really think too much of yourself. And take this all wayyyy too serious. Jerry suks. And I think Payton would have to dumb down his offense for Dak. Who cares if you agree or not.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Payton won a Super Bowl. If Garrett had a Super Bowl win, then yeah I would agree they are the same. But I don't believe Garrett will ever win a Super Bowl as head coach. He will more than likely get promoted up in the organization to save face of no other team being interested in him, no matter what JJ says.
Yes he did, but if you look at my post I'm comparing their records since Garrett has been the head coach. It's apples to apples from there.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Will Payton be the first NFL coach in league history to win SBs with two different teams?

Hmmm...

Again, Sean Payton a multi millionaire, middle age crisis, single male, french royalty status in New Orleans, and "les le bon temp roulle" life style doing the thing he loves, is not going to leave New Orleans to go to Dallas Texas and Jerry Jones.

The only way Sean Payton leaves New Orleans is with a "second line" parade behind his casket.

He left the Cowboys because Bill Parcells told him he would have everything by winning in New Orleans versus dealing with Jerry Jones.

If the Cowboys have a losing season, Jerry Jones dies from a heart attack watching the losing season, and the Cowboys end with the no.1 draft pick in the 2020 NFL draft, then maybe....maybe Payton will come down for the Mardi Gras float to hand Stephen Jones a Zulu coconut in exchange for the title Head Coach and GM (the total control that Jimmy Johnson had 1989-1993), and +$12M a year salary for 5-10 years.

It will not happen...as another well know Cajun would say...

Diehardblues

Reaction score

All opinions are drivel. Some call it Fake News.

And what false claim are you referring to. That I think Payton would need to dumb down his offense for Dak?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol Its easy to shoot holes in opinions.

You really think too much of yourself. And take this all wayyyy too serious. Jerry suks. And I think Payton would have to dumb down his offense for Dak. Who cares if you agree or not.

You obviously do. Because you have to respond to each and every post.

Don’t talk about anyone “taking things too seriously” when your Jerry obsession borders on mental illness.

Get checked.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You obviously do. Because you have to respond to each and every post.

Don’t talk about anyone “taking things too seriously” when your Jerry obsession borders on mental illness.

Get checked.
Of course. Here’s where you get frustrated with the argument and begin personal attacks. How predictable.

No, I’m not taking the bait. Instead, I’ll elevate myself from such behavior.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course. Here’s where you get frustrated with the argument and begin personal attacks. How predictable.

It’s not an attack. It’s advice.

Having Jerry Jones renting space in your head isn’t healthy.

Follow all of your “friends” you mentioned earlier and find something else to do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s not an attack. It’s advice.

Having Jerry Jones renting space in your head isn’t healthy.

Follow all of your “friends” you mentioned earlier and find something else to do.
I’d rather be a bur in your shoe. Lol

I relish taking on those that most choose not to. That’s my hobby.

starfan1

Reaction score
You never know . Even if we extend him there’s always the possibility of trades.

It’s tough enough trying to overcome an average FO and coaching staff.
the only way you'll see someone else is injury or sale of the team. Now there does exist the slight possibility that Dak flunks this year they may not commit to him but all signs point to Dak being successful. And of course you being an avid cowboy fan that what your hoping right? I know Jerry loves him some Dak and Garrett will be gone before Dak