Video: NBC Sports-Should Dallas Keep Dak Prescott?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
OIP.gwb7cKUH90LYeWdsJYJIfgHaG3

lol...That was good, hound dog!

starfan1

Reaction score
Dear Lord Pappy.

I ask for evidence and no saliva.

You are just frothing all over this thread.

For once I don't want that.

Just analysis and fair debate.

you may want to ask someone else then. look most of these folks are entrenched in their stances and are just going to troll back and forth. not many of us are on the fence at this point.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
As far as a full recovery for the NFL game for Prescott, that has yet to be shown. Some players move on after injury and some are never the same and it doesn't have to do as much about the type of injury.

I've seen RB's never the same, Kevin Smith was never the same player, and he was headed for greatness, after that Achilles injury.

I believe Prescott is tough mentally but that is the hurdle in becoming what he was pre injury and some players can never make that hurdle.
This is clear.

This is real.

Truly informative.

Thanx.

csirl

Reaction score
Other than the risk of not being the same after the injury, there's also the timing issue. Decisions will need to be made in c. 3 months time. Even if ahead of schedule, we will not know if Dak will be the same at that time. Unfortunately for Dak, decisions on next seasons starting will need to be made before Dak is ready.

Just throwing something else out - are the team prepared to gamble $100m's on another Jaylon Smith etc. type risk?

Flamma

Reaction score
If we thought our off season could not stand more Prescott contract debate..

it will be nothing compared to this off season and using our #1 pick on maybe a QB.

Everybody has an opinion.

But somebody has to answer me this..

Who in the history of the NFL has broken their ankle with a compound fracture like Dak and returned to play professional QB?

Did they resume where they left off when they returned? If not..how long did it take to be 100%?

Alex Smith is a close case study. RGIII is another. Joe Theisman another.

While those injuries are not all equal..its the recovery from a major leg injury I want info on.

If there is little real info to go by..lets hear it.

Can we discuss this without hating? Can we talk unbiased?

This team is at a major crossroads.

If we think there is sufficient evidence Dak will be fine..then we move on with him and wait out his recovery.

But if it indicates the odds are Dak will not be the same or better than before..do we draft another QB and reset the team going forward?

Nobody has really drawn me a picture yet that is clear.

Comments and evidence boys. Not rhetoric and saliva.

Thanx.

You bring up a good point. But I stopped the video at around a little over a minute because two very important things were said. I may watch the rest, but I don't know.

The first was, if the Cowboys have a premium pick. They're not going to have that IMO. I think they'll win 3-4 more games. Knocking them out of that scenario.

The second thing was, Jones isn't going to go on the radio and open that door. Not a chance even if that is his every intention if Dallas gets the #1 pick. It should be obvious why.

How he recovers from this injury is yet to be seen.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If we thought our off season could not stand more Prescott contract debate..

it will be nothing compared to this off season and using our #1 pick on maybe a QB.

Everybody has an opinion.

But somebody has to answer me this..

Who in the history of the NFL has broken their ankle with a compound fracture like Dak and returned to play professional QB?

Did they resume where they left off when they returned? If not..how long did it take to be 100%?

Alex Smith is a close case study. RGIII is another. Joe Theisman another.

While those injuries are not all equal..its the recovery from a major leg injury I want info on.

If there is little real info to go by..lets hear it.

Can we discuss this without hating? Can we talk unbiased?

This team is at a major crossroads.

If we think there is sufficient evidence Dak will be fine..then we move on with him and wait out his recovery.

But if it indicates the odds are Dak will not be the same or better than before..do we draft another QB and reset the team going forward?

Nobody has really drawn me a picture yet that is clear.

Comments and evidence boys. Not rhetoric and saliva.

Thanx.

Umm we have already discuses this to death on the two jonses quoted statements that they wont take qb, those that said stop listening to what they are saying and what they might actually do is totally different thing..i mean the responses are insane , yet here the video that said the exact thing IE that that the Jones HAVE TO SAY this, yet behind the scenes all options are open..

i said this numerous times this week and fans here just like to add drama and shock value to all FO statements..,

they said this because they cant upset the proverbial apple cart with Dak discussions 9 games into this season before we know the draft spot and who available with dak out hurt and on IR, emotional , its not smart to let that out in public, yet fan just need to over react to what they say....

it was the proper answerer to the questions asked ..no way they wouldn't consider grabbing a QB even if its trading out of top 5 get boat load of extra picks and Take player like Trask mid first round a long with all targeted defenders..it can happen we get it all..

ALL OPTIONS ARE OPEN REGARDLES SOF WHAT IS SAID TI THE PUBLIC..

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Culture in the locker room Prescott A+. Feild presence Prescott A+ . Motivation, Prescott A+. Quarterback B+. Top 10 without a doubt. And it took a major injury for everyone to realize

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Listening to Stephen and Jerry, Dak is their ideal of an "elite" QB. At least that's the loving impression you get until negotiations commence! Nobody knows for sure if Dak will return to his former state of competence when he returns.

What our FO's gallant leaders lead you to think and what they really display when money comes into the picture are two vastly different things. It's anyone's guess what Dak will be upon his return. I don't believe he's elite any more than I think Jerry and Stephen are great football guys. Dak's intangibles are, exceptional but his passing consistency oftentimes warrants work. He's good but not great, imho.

For his sake and that of the team, he'd best hope he's his old self and more. This FO doesn't mess around when money comes into question! One minute you're great and the next, you're not worth the asking price. So it goes, in the world of the Joneses. Good luck to all concerned. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

triplets_93

Reaction score
in my opinion, this is a very difficult subject. Dak is a very good person (from what I can tell) He means well, says the right things and does the right things. And on top of all of it, he wants to succeed. I think that he is not an Elite QB and we should seek a more "promising" QB in the next draft. That of course is no guaretee. Ryan Leaf being an example.... but a 4th Rounder will most likely always be that.

I have nothing against Dak as a person, but i dont think he is the QB that we need. But then again, we have become a MEDIOCRE franchise that is mot keen to loosing than winning, so this is what we got and what we are

I wasn't Sold on Dak or Romo. You must rise to the occasion in the Big Games. It's one thing if someone beats you, when you're playing your best.

It's a whole nuther thing if you shoot yourself in the foot.

Elite don't often do that.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Listening to Stephen and Jerry, Dak is their ideal of an "elite" QB. At least that's the loving impression you get until negotiations commence! Nobody knows for sure if Dak will return to his former state of competence when he returns.

The Jones's are playing 4D chess, so take whatever they state as gospel, with some Billionaire's salt.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You bring up a good point. But I stopped the video at around a little over a minute because two very important things were said. I may watch the rest, but I don't know.

The first was, if the Cowboys have a premium pick. They're not going to have that IMO. I think they'll win 3-4 more games. Knocking them out of that scenario.

The second thing was, Jones isn't going to go on the radio and open that door. Not a chance even if that is his every intention if Dallas gets the #1 pick. It should be obvious why.

How he recovers from this injury is yet to be seen.
Well said.

You are being filed under " Level-Headed Fanatic" just for future reference.

:oops:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The Jones's are playing 4D chess, so take whatever they state as gospel, with some Billionaire's salt.
Funny.

I never think of Jones as a chess player.

A 6--gun tooting gambler? Yep.

Throw a silver dollar in the air and shoot a hole in it for a charm.

That's Jones. Lots of sizzle on his steak.

o_O

cern

Reaction score
OUCH!! Glad you're healed up now and it all worked out!!
More annoying than anything else. Hurt for a few days following surgery then just waiting to start physical therapy. No big deal, really.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
If we get the 1st pick you draft Lawrence and don’t even think twice about it.

If we pick 3-5, no way, you go best defensive player.

You don’t pass on, Elway, Peyton Manning, Luck QB prospect or you might as well pack up shop. It’d be the biggest no brainer pick any team picking 1 could make.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I know 2 people who had similar injuries playing football, albeit at a lower level. Outcome as follows:

Player 1. Was one of the star players on the team. Recovery went well, no complicatioms. Didnt play at all the following year - wasnt recovered in time. Played 2 years later. Wasnt the same player - lost some speed/mobility and played a couple more seasons as a backup.

Player 2. Promising young starter. Complications during recovery - damaged blood supply. Never played sport again. Still limps.

One of my high school teammates had this injury his freshman year at Florida State. He was a high recruited running back who was supposed to be one of their building block players. FSU was just starting to establish itself as no longer a doormat.. and had gone 11-1 in 1979, the year he was recruited. He broke his ankle.. missed his freshman year and by the time he was healed he learned just how cold college football can be. Greg Allen came in the year after him and ran for 524 yards in his first 2 starts.. Dude never played a down for them. But at least he got his degree for free. I never noticed any after effects from his injury though. No limp, no complications.