Video: NBC Sports-Should Dallas Keep Dak Prescott?

LocoBates

Reaction score
:laugh::lmao2: at all those who say DAK is not a run first QB.... just watch the replay, how did he break his ankle? (read below before you respond saying that play was not a run first designed)

I don't care if it is run first or RPO, fact is Dak broke his ankle while running. In fact a run fist QB is more predictable and less dangerous that a non- run first QB. Defenses knew he can run so they had to be prepared to pressure / guard him to the line if the play extended by the minimum (and as a result relax coverage on WRs and TEs - resulting on completed passes )

And all those hopefuls "but but but but Dak is not a run first QB" forget the threat "Value" Dak suppose to be at being a QB that can run... well that threat is no more.

Would MM and Cowboys want to bring back a QB whose success highly depends on the threat of a monster RB (who based on what I've seen hasn't come back from Cabo) and the RPO ? Both threats are gone, non existent, why would you think Dak will succeed? Dak would have to work a lot to become a profitable pocket passer and based on the buckets of excuses in CZ it requires #77 to be active and healthy rest of the OL and a load of other stuff. As we have seen, that's not gonna happen, hence Dak had to scramble, run and broke his ankle. Cowboys might not need a run first or even RPO QB, but need a mobile / agile QB and I don't think Dak will be it. No more.

Will Dak be able to play? It looks like it. Will he be the same threat? hell no. He needs to go to a Team that has a fortress for OL so he can have al the time in the pocket to throw ... just like Brady in NE.. otherwise go back to his Dink and Dunk roots like 2016 and good luck with that in 2021/22

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Dear Lord Pappy.

I ask for evidence and no saliva.

You are just frothing all over this thread.

For once I don't want that.

Just analysis and fair debate.

We have a lot of great fans who know things.

Where are those posters?.

Red when you are dealing with Slick Ric he knows no shame. He is the kiss stealing! LOL

cristglo

Reaction score
If we get the #1 pick you have to go TL. If you get the #2 pick you try like heck to get another H Walker trade.
Dak will come back from this injury not no where near as bad as Joe or Alex.
Maybe we can get lucky and for some reason Dalton get benched and GG finished the year out and have a Really good BU QB or trade bait.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak will make a 100% recovery and go on to be an excellent QB for the Cowboys for the next decade. I feel sorry for all of you that don't understand this. Your hate for Dak is disgusting.

lockster

Reaction score
If we thought our off season could not stand more Prescott contract debate..

it will be nothing compared to this off season and using our #1 pick on maybe a QB.

Everybody has an opinion.

But somebody has to answer me this..

Who in the history of the NFL has broken their ankle with a compound fracture like Dak and returned to play professional QB?

Did they resume where they left off when they returned? If not..how long did it take to be 100%?

Alex Smith is a close case study. RGIII is another. Joe Theisman another.

While those injuries are not all equal..its the recovery from a major leg injury I want info on.

If there is little real info to go by..lets hear it.

Can we discuss this without hating? Can we talk unbiased?

This team is at a major crossroads.

If we think there is sufficient evidence Dak will be fine..then we move on with him and wait out his recovery.

But if it indicates the odds are Dak will not be the same or better than before..do we draft another QB and reset the team going forward?

Nobody has really drawn me a picture yet that is clear.

Comments and evidence boys. Not rhetoric and saliva.

Thanx.

There's no such thing as an unbiased opinion. Everybody has a bias, and everybody brings those to all discussions. :).

lockster

Reaction score
in my opinion, this is a very difficult subject. Dak is a very good person (from what I can tell) He means well, says the right things and does the right things. And on top of all of it, he wants to succeed. I think that he is not an Elite QB and we should seek a more "promising" QB in the next draft. That of course is no guaretee. Ryan Leaf being an example.... but a 4th Rounder will most likely always be that.

I have nothing against Dak as a person, but i dont think he is the QB that we need. But then again, we have become a MEDIOCRE franchise that is mot keen to loosing than winning, so this is what we got and what we are
Yeah, he's such a good person, he wants 25 percent of the pie, which is way more than he will ever be worth, plays hardball, then is deceptive in speaking on his contract and why he didn't sign. If not signing a contract paying 50 percent more than Ur worth is doing the right thing, then ok. I'll play fantasy land with you and, no. No, I won't play . a lie

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
it will be nothing compared to this off season and using our #1 pick on maybe a QB.
Who in the history of the NFL has broken their ankle with a compound fracture like Dak and returned to play professional QB?
Did they resume where they left off when they returned? If not..how long did it take to be 100%?
While those injuries are not all equal..its the recovery from a major leg injury I want info on.
If we think there is sufficient evidence Dak will be fine..then we move on with him and wait out his recovery.
But if it indicates the odds are Dak will not be the same or better than before..do we draft another QB and reset the team going forward?
Thanx.

The long and the short of it is nobody here can make a factual guess on Prescott because nobody here is privy to any actual medical facts involved with this. We can only go by what the Cowboys and/or medical staff tell us. Thus far both have said that Prescott should be good to go in 4 to 6 months from his surgery date and that Prescott right now is ahead in his rehab. I also don't think anyone here is qualified to say what effect this may have on Prescott's game as far being as good or can get better.

I liken this injury in severity to something like a RB that has torn both his ACL and MCL at the same time and what he does after that. The first that comes to mind is Adrian Peterson who injured his leg week 12 of the 2011 season and the very next season he rushed for over 2000 yards. That was back in 2012 and he's still playing in the league.

It seems like you want someone that has a crystal ball that can tell you what is going to happen and there just isn't any so you like the rest of us we'll just have to wait and see how things transpire.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Thanx.

This is going to be interesting the way this plays out. The problem I see is that I think Dak will heal fine but the problem is this could affect his movement just enough where he isnt quite the same. He has struggled with footwork in the past and he isnt the fastest guy but he uses his scrambling to be the QB he is. When you combine that to how much money he is going to want, I just dont see how the Cowboys pass on drafting a QB in the first round.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Thanx.

If Dallas is in a position to draft either Lawrence or Fields you do it. If Dallas goes into the off-season knowing they hold the #1 or #2 draft pick, then you non-exclusive franchise Dak and allow him to shop his services elsewhere and recoup the draft picks. There will be teams looking for a QB and not be in a draft position to grab one. Dallas has far too many holes on this team to even consider dedicating a huge new contract to Dak and must be in rebuild mode now.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If Dallas is in a position to draft either Lawrence or Fields you do it. If Dallas goes into the off-season knowing they hold the #1 or #2 draft pick, then you non-exclusive franchise Dak and allow him to shop his services elsewhere and recoup the draft picks. There will be teams looking for a QB and not be in a draft position to grab one. Dallas has far too many holes on this team to even consider dedicating a huge new contract to Dak and must be in rebuild mode now.
This makes no sense. If Prescott isn't good enough to extend, what makes you think other teams would give 1st round picks to grab him if we tag him?
The very reason the FO didn't tag him on the non-exclusive is because of they have been saying all along. Dak is their QB. Contrary to popular beief, we can extend him and still get players on defense. We're under the cap as we speak by nearly 25 million.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
This makes no sense. If Prescott isn't good enough to extend, what makes you think other teams would give 1st round picks to grab him if we tag him?
The very reason the FO didn't tag him on the non-exclusive is because of they have been saying all along. Dak is their QB. Contrary to popular beief, we can extend him and still get players on defense. We're under the cap as we speak by nearly 25 million.

Did you account for the fact that CB's Awuzie and Lewis are free agents next season? Did you account for the fact that LVE is a free agent after next season? Did you account for Cameron Erving and Joe Looney being free agents? How about Aldon Smith being a free agent? What about Xavier Woods and Joe Thomas?

The point is there are many holes to fill from a talent perspective and free agent perspective to justify dedicating a large portion of the cap to Dak.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Did you account for the fact that CB's Awuzie and Lewis are free agents next season? Did you account for the fact that LVE is a free agent after next season? Did you account for Cameron Erving and Joe Looney being free agents? How about Aldon Smith being a free agent? What about Xavier Woods and Joe Thomas?

The point is there are many holes to fill from a talent perspective and free agent perspective to justify dedicating a large portion of the cap to Dak.
Yes. There are free agency tasks to complete every season. And every season some fans panic because they don't have an understanding of the contracts. Last season was even worse. Prescott's contract has nothing to do with the front offices refusal to build the defense with quality players instead of jags who just get released. Not to mention that a contract extension would have less impact on one season because the hit spreads out over a period of multiple seasons.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I believe you are right

After seeing this season..

only the most closed minded could want Dak and his contract needing about 10 more players now.

The injury has slammed the door on having Dak back. He really missed his meal ticket by not signing a long term deal before Covid hit and these injuries occurred.

We have to restart the rebuild and it has to be with his contract money.

I wish it was not the case..but reality has arrived.

We are so lucky we did not sign Dak in the off season. Nothing personal towards Dak.

For some reason..this happened.

Now we have to deal with it. Dak can find another team he will love more than Dallas.

End of story.

:eek:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
There's no such thing as an unbiased opinion. Everybody has a bias, and everybody brings those to all discussions. :).
I know.

Its really difficult.

Its like being a doctor.

My patient has cancer. Do I put them thru surgery and make them go thru a recovery that may last months and still not work?

Or do we discuss it and just make them comfortable and put them in Hospice? At least they will have dignity and time to close their last days watching football?

I am asking for that sort of ability from everybody and only a few can do that.

I just want clarity where none exists right now.

Nice try huh?

lockster

Reaction score
I know.

Its really difficult.

Its like being a doctor.

My patient has cancer. Do I put them thru surgery and make them go thru a recovery that may last months and still not work?

Or do we discuss it and just make them comfortable and put them in Hospice? At least they will have dignity and time to close their last days watching football?

I am asking for that sort of ability from everybody and only a few can do that.

I just want clarity where none exists right now.

Nice try huh?
Your reply to the first reply on Ur thread , showed Ur own bias.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Thanx.

Dak had a single fracture and disclocation. Alex Smith had a compound fracture and numerous infections.

Dak had one surgery and a 4-6 month timetable. Alex Smith had 17 surgeries and needed two years.

The situations are not remotely comparable.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Your reply to the first reply on Ur thread , showed Ur own bias.
This thread is not about my bias.

It was a valid question along with a well presented video.

Address their biases not mine.

Overbody knows what I think. But my question is fair and I invited opinions on the subject.

I am open minded about a discussion of the topic.

That's it.

I have always had an opinion

I think you just don't care for the topic.

No crime in that.

I always get a kick out of posters who make it their mission to control thinking by attempting to devert or discredit posters.

I have posted much too long to fall for that.

Just answer the supposition without needing to appear above everybody.

Over to you.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dak had a single fracture and disclocation. Alex Smith had a compound fracture and numerous infections.

Dak had one surgery and a 4-6 month timetable. Alex Smith had 17 surgeries and needed two years.

The situations are not remotely comparable.
I believe I already said the injuries were not all equal.

Next time I will use BOLD for that so you can not make that mistake or try to misrepresent me like that.

I forgive you.

:laugh:

starfan1

Reaction score

Mercy me how will we ever replace those rock stars. A few of them need to be told don’t let the door hit you on the way out but your point is still valid Dak will take up a lot of the pie

but unlike zeke and Jaylon he’s worth it

garyo1954

Reaction score
I know.
Its really difficult.

The reality of it is any doctor's take on any medical issue is 90% based on one question, "How do you feel?"

I see a doctor every two weeks. Have for the last 7 1/2 years. If I say I feel great, he may follow up about tests results from his notes, but for the most part, he's done all he can. Its up to me to follow the program.