Video: NBC Sports-Will Ekekiel Elliott be suspended for incident at festival-Pro Football Talk

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He got railroaded for his suspension, so there's no way I'd bet money he escapes it this time around, even though this latest incident is rather mild. And, we don't have all the facts. there are still questions. But, the NFL is far from consistent in regard to discipline, so it's anyone's guess. I have zero faith in fair treatment.
What I think would be a solution to the way Elliott acts? Go to alcohol rehab. Not that the baby elbow shove was anything, but he clearly has an issue controlling things when he drinks. If he voluntarily enters rehab and addresses the core issue, maybe it not only would keep him out of trouble but also help the kid mature.
If I were Jerry Jones, I would consider mandating this and making it a team policy.

I can get blasted drunk and you wouldn't even know I'm intoxicated. Others obviously can't act right.
Yea but the issue is probably bigger than just intoxication.

I wish intervention was still a possibility but some of the high profile jocks have lived most of their life above the law since high school and these mindsets and attitudes are deeply embedded.

Elliott is certainly resembling one of these worse type personalities.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, Zeke continues to put himself in position to fail. Its not a big deal until another party is willing to step up and fight back, then things can get ugly real quick.

This will only work one of two ways. Preferably he grows up and uses better judgment knowing full well that to many he is a target. Is that fair? No probably not, hes a young man and has to get this out of his system. Does fair matter, hell no!?! Thats the life of a millionaire athlete and you take the good with the bad.

Or it could go the other way and he eventually finds someone who is down to clown. Then we deal with the mess afterwards.

I honestly dont see an in between.
The best means I’ve found to deal with someone who thinks they’re above the law is to take their freedom away.

Reactions: CWR

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's had 3 decades to do that and he hasn't done it yet.......he knows what the outcome will be yet he keeps doing it.
The league certainly piped him down back in 2016. Jerry abruptly shut his trap when he learned the owners weren’t playing.

I was so disappointed Jerry tucked his tail. I was hoping he was finally going to cross the line of no return.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The league certainly piped him down back in 2016. Jerry abruptly shut his trap when he learned the owners weren’t playing.

I was so disappointed Jerry tucked his tail. I was hoping he was finally going to cross the line of no return.
We just needed Jerry to let 'er rip. Didn't have an audience.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

I wish he would do something where he would get banned like DeBartolo.......I think most of us are really sick of this guy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

This is another really inconvenient fact of life for us.

Zeke is going to do this stuff until he is suspended the max time.

I think there is something wrong with him mentally.

It's one thing to make mistakes because you are young..

but this is has been going on since college.

he runs with the wrong people..

he does not learn from his mistakes.

He likes to be the center of attention always.

I can not see how the Cowboys make him the highest paid player at his position.

I hope he gets 10 games this time. Maybe that will sober up the Cowboys that they shouldn't resign the punk.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I look at Elliott and these situations and I ask myself 'where are his parents, his friends, his agent' in all of this? This is a young man that had his Dad move to where he was going to college, get's into trouble while in college and continues to get himself in these situations.

What's his agent doing? He could have eventually gotten endorsements because there was doubt about that DV but he keeps damaging himself and his earning potential. on one hand he jumps into that Salvation Army barrel and agrees to match the fine in a donation, doesn't get fined and matches it anyway and then he pays for that young man's funeral and he was video'd playing with kids as a rookie at camp.

This guy is not a bad actor, he might have a drinking problem and be a little spotlight spoiled but he needs someone to help him make better decisions. He needs to get out of that spotlight and understand how to better protect himself form these situations which is best avoided by not putting himself at risk.

Maybe there are people behind the scenes working with him but if there's one team that a guy like Zeke needs to be extra careful in it is this one, which is why I didn't want Manziel. It might not be fair but if you are a Cowboys star, you need to hide a lot. And unfortunately, some really like to see a Cowboys star fall from the sky.

erod

Reaction score
Two simple questions.

Does Zeke have a substance abuse problem?

Does he have mental issues otherwise?

Thomas82

Reaction score
We drafted 2 RB in this draft, the Cowboys typically don't take 2 RBs in a draft class,, one of the historians on this site might know the last time they did.
So sometimes the best answer to a question is what the team does.. @ OP.

The last time I remember us drafting 2 RBs from the same draft class was when we took Felix Jones and Tashard Choice in 2008.

JayFord

Reaction score
For heaven's sake, a bump or stumble is getting more attention than Tarik Hill incident and Krafts getting illegal blowjobs on camera...lol

They don’t make money unless they talk about Dallas

That’s why we’ll always be Muricas team

Reactions: CWR