Video: NBC Sports-Will Ekekiel Elliott be suspended for incident at festival-Pro Football Talk

aria

Reaction score
Kicked off Clemson's football team for arguing with coaches, arrested for a bar fight in Buffalo, and while watching a high school football game, a fight breaks out on the field and he runs out to join the fight against a bunch of teenagers.

Yeah, cmon on in drunk, incoherent stranger and have a seat right next to my wife and child. :thumbup:
Sarcasm.

Guys room mate moves out because he parties too much. Dad worries about how he handles himself in NFL. Dad moves to be closer to him (aka monitor him). Guy is accused of hitting a woman. Guy is on video pulling down a girls top in public while being investigated for assault. Guy knocks out a DJ at a nightclub while being investigated for assault. Guy is caught on film arguing with and blocking a girl from walking away from him. Guy is on film turning around, confronting and making physical contact with a security guard while appearing under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. This is over the span of 4-6 years.

I think this guy sounds awesome, I’m going to blindly support him because he plays for my favorite team :thumbup:

More sarcasm.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
In case you haven’t noticed, pretty much every thread on this site is speculation or recollection which is all “useless blather”.

Yes, I've been here more than a minute.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Well then I guess we should cut him then.

No point in having any elite players that don’t bring championships. Let’s cut LVE and Jaylon while we are at it. Elite Lbers don’t bring championships. Heck we can save a few pennies and not pay Cooper also since elite WRs don’t bring championships either.

Championship!!!!

Would be dumb to cut him when you can sucker a team out of a first round pick for him.

Elite defenses win you championships, cutting two LBers that have the potential to be some of the best in the league isn't very smart. Offensive skill positions are a different story.

You're a on roll with stupid comments lately. LOL

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No single player brings championships.

I didn't claim they did. We've had this discussion before, it didn't end well for you. I don't go in circles with folks.

After your struggle to understand wonderlic scores and how they translate into success for QBs - I usually just ignore you from now on. There's no helping those who refuse the help.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't claim they did. We've had this discussion before, it didn't end well for you. I don't go in circles with folks.

After your struggle to understand wonderlic scores and how they translate into success for QBs - I usually just ignore you from now on. There's no helping those who refuse the help.

So, you don’t disagree with me, yet you claim we’ve had this conversation and you proved to be right? :facepalm: That’s par for your logic. Lol

Seems you have a poor memory and a bag full of feces in place of logic.

The obvious point is that while it’s true that an elite RB doesn’t necessarily win championships, that holds true for elite WRs and elite pash rushers and even elite QBs. So saying an elite RB doesn’t win championships has no meaning. All are pieces of the puzzle, and there is no set in stone way the puzzle has to fit together. Some teams win with better passing games, some with better running games, some with good balance between the two, and some largely on defense. Or any combination of things.

Last edited:

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
He's was lucky it didn't happen in Texas, he would have been shot, instead of beaten with a vacuum

According to a police report from the arrest, Kelly stumbled into the house of someone he didn't know and proceeded to sit on their couch, which was especially alarming to the people living there, because they were also sitting on the couch. Kelly, who was dressed as a Cowboy, was also mumbling "incoherently." Kelly eventually left the house when one of the residents started hitting him with an aluminum vacuum tube.
This is no big deal. I've been known to stumble into people's houses dressed as a cowboy and sit on their couch. Only been beaten with a vacuum tube a few times though.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of all the dumb things he's done, this is the least problematic imho. Of course it would be nice if he was mature and made better choices, but not everyone is as perfect and self-controled as many on this Forum. I'm not making excuses for him, I'm just remembering all the dumb#$% things I did at his age.

aria

Reaction score
This is no big deal. I've been known to stumble into people's houses dressed as a cowboy and sit on their couch. Only been beaten with a vacuum tube a few times though.
I really don’t understand the issue here. He was wearing a nice vest and didn’t threaten anyone. Zeke on the other hand...

aria

Reaction score
Of all the dumb things he's done, this is the least problematic imho. Of course it would be nice if he was mature and made better choices, but not everyone is as perfect and self-controled as many on this Forum. I'm not making excuses for him, I'm just remembering all the dumb#$% things I did at his age.
Were you an NFL player at his age? Were you as recognizable at his age? What does it take for you guys to realize you can’t compare Zeke at 22 to yourselves at 22?

aria

Reaction score
Boy Howdy! No threat, no intimidation? Just a drunken stumble into my house? Let’s be besties, no harm no foul.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

This is another really inconvenient fact of life for us.

Zeke is going to do this stuff until he is suspended the max time.

I think there is something wrong with him mentally.

It's one thing to make mistakes because you are young..

but this is has been going on since college.

he runs with the wrong people..

he does not learn from his mistakes.

He likes to be the center of attention always.

I can not see how the Cowboys make him the highest paid player at his position.

Thanks, old man!

superonyx

Reaction score
Would be dumb to cut him when you can sucker a team out of a first round pick for him.

Elite defenses win you championships, cutting two LBers that have the potential to be some of the best in the league isn't very smart. Offensive skill positions are a different story.

You're a on roll with stupid comments lately. LOL
I took the village idiots lead and ran with it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So on what grounds would Zeke merit a suspension? Does the policy spell out domestic abuse as a reason for a suspension - which is why Zeke got suspended two seasons ago. Or is there a general code of conduct clause that is open to interpretation?
Yes to all, I hope.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So on what grounds would Zeke merit a suspension? Does the policy spell out domestic abuse as a reason for a suspension - which is why Zeke got suspended two seasons ago. Or is there a general code of conduct clause that is open to interpretation?

Prohibited conduct includes but is not limited to the following:
 Actual or threatened physical violence against another person, including dating violence, domestic violence, child abuse, and other forms of family violence;
 Assault and/or battery, including sexual assault or other sex offenses;
 Violent or threatening behavior toward another employee or a third party in any workplace setting;
 Stalking, harassment, or similar forms of intimidation;

That's an excerpt from the PC policy. There's plenty of room for interpretation. That Zeke has already been suspended under it in the past doesn't help.

https://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any other player it would not be the topic of conversation. The media is pushing their agenda, by keeping it in the news to make Goodell go the way of the biased media.

Repeat offender? Give it it a rest..
Was he suspended or not? Think players that are suspended don't get elevated on the watch list at the league office?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since he shows the tendency to wander out into the public, why don't they use a keeper like they did with Pacman and Dez and Dez really never got into any hot water with the league office. They were more in a prevent mode with him.

So far, since they acquired Elliott, the offense has been run through him and I am not assuming the offense is now going to be a pass offense so they are vulnerable to his poor decisions and they need to address that or they might be forced into being a pass offense and we have not seen that work so far.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Prohibited conduct includes but is not limited to the following:
 Actual or threatened physical violence against another person, including dating violence, domestic violence, child abuse, and other forms of family violence;
 Assault and/or battery, including sexual assault or other sex offenses;
 Violent or threatening behavior toward another employee or a third party in any workplace setting;
 Stalking, harassment, or similar forms of intimidation;

That's an excerpt from the PC policy. There's plenty of room for interpretation. That Zeke has already been suspended under it in the past doesn't help.

https://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf
Thank you. :clap: