Video: NBC Sports-Will Ekekiel Elliott be suspended for incident at festival-Pro Football Talk

Johnny23

Reaction score
He got railroaded for his suspension, so there's no way I'd bet money he escapes it this time around, even though this latest incident is rather mild. And, we don't have all the facts. there are still questions. But, the NFL is far from consistent in regard to discipline, so it's anyone's guess. I have zero faith in fair treatment.
What I think would be a solution to the way Elliott acts? Go to alcohol rehab. Not that the baby elbow shove was anything, but he clearly has an issue controlling things when he drinks. If he voluntarily enters rehab and addresses the core issue, maybe it not only would keep him out of trouble but also help the kid mature.
If I were Jerry Jones, I would consider mandating this and making it a team policy.

I can get blasted drunk and you wouldn't even know I'm intoxicated. Others obviously can't act right.
Being a functional alcoholic is nothing to brag about....

Johnny23

Reaction score
Who said anything about being an alcoholic? Don't assume. Do better.
/Sarcasm]

Usually people who are drunk and you can't tell are alcoholics. Who drink so much you can't tell or just have an ungodly high tolerance for booze.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Why doesn’t jerry have a couple of body guards/goons surrounding him like he did for Gregory??

Haimerej

Reaction score
Just saw the video.

Didn't realize so many posters on here are women.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Is that how you think 'a man' behaves?

:huh:

I wonder what the guy said to him. My comment was directed more at the people who think what he did is somehow beyond the pale without knowing that context. The dude obviously made a comment that provoked him. There was a time when something like that would get you socked in the mouth and people would say you had it coming. So without knowing what was said, I'll reserve judgment.

As far as how, "a man," behaves, I would think they would want to know the full context before clutching their pearls and acting like a 23 y/o athlete confronting someone who provoked them is an affront to all that is good and decent.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder what the guy said to him. My comment was directed more at the people who think what he did is somehow beyond the pale without knowing that context. The dude obviously made a comment that provoked him. There was a time when something like that would get you socked in the mouth and people would say you had it coming. So without knowing what was said, I'll reserve judgment.

As far as how, "a man," behaves, I would think they would want to know the full context before clutching their pearls and acting like a 23 y/o athlete confronting someone who provoked them is an affront to all that is good and decent.

This reads like you're looking for something, anything, to excuse poor behavior.

Now the other guy "provoked" him.
:rolleyes:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you saying Zeke just picked this guy at random and got in his face?

I'm saying exactly what I said. That this guy didn't "provoke" anything. Zeke was clearly acting like a drunken fool long before any interactions took place with this security guard. But fans feel the need to make excuses for any Cowboys wrongdoing.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I'm saying exactly what I said. That this guy didn't "provoke" anything.

How do you know? Because you say so?

Zeke was clearly acting like a drunken fool long before any interactions took place with this security guard.

Clearly? What was he, "clearly," doing? Arguing with his girlfriend? Elaborate, please.

But fans feel the need to make excuses for any Cowboys wrongdoing.

Yes, of course. I am incapable of looking at anything objectively because the dude plays for my favorite team. I would never have these same thoughts if he were an Eagle or a Giant. :rolleyes:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you know? Because you say so?

Because mine eyes can see and mine ears can hear.

Clearly? What was he, "clearly," doing? Arguing with his girlfriend? Elaborate, please.

Stumbling around and bothering a girl who was trying to walk away. The guard did nothing more than to ask him to leave her alone. Drunken dummy didn't like hearing that, so he got in the guard's face. Beer muscles from a kid who can't handle his liquor. Whatever he gets from the league, he deserves. Unfortunately, this team does not.

Yes, of course. I am incapable of looking at anything objectively because the dude plays for my favorite team. I would never have these same thoughts if he were an Eagle or a Giant. :rolleyes:

Clearly. You wouldn't be trying to come up with lame excuses for those players are looking like a fool trying to call out fans for Elliott's own stupid decisions.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Because mine eyes can see and mine ears can hear

You heard what he said? What did he say?

Stumbling around and bothering a girl who was trying to walk away. The guard did nothing more than to ask him to leave her alone. Drunken dummy didn't like hearing that, so he got in the guard's face. Beer muscles from a kid who can't handle his liquor. Whatever he gets from the league, he deserves. Unfortunately, this team does not.

The girl was trying to walk away? Why was she with him after he got in the guy's face? You realize they were together, right?

I've yet to see him stumble. If he was drunk, why did they let him go after detaining him? Seems he could have been charged with public intoxication.

Clearly. You wouldn't be trying to come up with lame excuses for those players are looking like a fool trying to call out fans for Elliott's own stupid decisions.

If only I could be as righteous as you, then this kind of behavior would give me that sweet indignation. Does it feel good? The indignation?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You heard what he said? What did he say?

He said why don't you leave her alone?

The girl was trying to walk away? Why was she with him after he got in the guy's face? You realize they were together, right?

Did you miss the portion of the video where he repeatedly blocked her path from walking away? If so, you need to see the entire video.

I've yet to see him stumble. If he was drunk, why did they let him go after detaining him? Seems he could have been charged with public intoxication.

If the officers chose to do that? Sure. But it's clear that both they and the security guard didn't pursue things. Things could have been much worse for him.

If only I could be as righteous as you, then this kind of behavior would give me that sweet indignation. Does it feel good? The indignation?

Better than lowering my limbo bar of expectations and standards, to allow lousy behavior to slide by, yes.

But you go ahead and blame everyone else for Zeke's failings. It's what some fans feel compelled to do.

Haimerej

Reaction score
He said why don't you leave her alone?

I couldn't make that out. You must have some excellent speakers.

Did you miss the portion of the video where he repeatedly blocked her path from walking away? If so, you need to see the entire video.

Saw it. Did you see the part where she was with him when the guard said something?

If the officers chose to do that? Sure. But it's clear that both they and the security guard didn't pursue things. Things could have been much worse for him.

Why would they let him go if he was drunk? That makes no sense. Most agencies give intoxication arrests high points towards their mandated public interactions per shift. I know cops who will purposefully hunt for DUI/public intoxication arrests at the beginning of their shift because it essentially gives them the rest of the evening off. Those arrests are also big money for the local area. That's completely unrelated to the guard pressing charges.

Better than lowering my limbo bar of expectations and standards, to allow lousy behavior to slide by, yes.

But you go ahead and blame everyone else for Zeke's failings. It's what some fans feel compelled to do.

Right. I thought I was giving the benefit of the doubt and mocking those who are quick to judge. Sorry I'm not bothered by this. Guess I'm just a blind fanboy with low standards. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll check in with the Inquisitors and see how many lashes are needed to purge myself of wrongthink.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He was lucky he didn’t get arrested for public intoxication. That would have likely been a suspension for sure.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I couldn't make that out. You must have some excellent speakers.

I guess so.

Saw it. Did you see the part where she was with him when the guard said something?

Yeah, I did. And it's obvious that's why the guard did say something. Their job is to keep the peace and keep people "secure". And that's what the guy was trying to do. But again, some kids clearly can't handle their liquor.

Why would they let him go if he was drunk? That makes no sense. Most agencies give intoxication arrests high points towards their mandated public interactions per shift. I know cops who will purposefully hunt for DUI/public intoxication arrests at the beginning of their shift because it essentially gives them the rest of the evening off. Those arrests are also big money for the local area. That's completely unrelated to the guard pressing charges.

Are you saying that police always charge anyone they see with public intoxication? And that it's a money-making scheme? Is that seriously what you're trying to claim here? Dig that hole even deeper.

Right. I thought I was giving the benefit of the doubt and mocking those who are quick to judge.

No, you were looking foolish because you failed to think it through. That's all that you succeeded in accomplishing.

Sorry I'm not bothered by this. Guess I'm just a blind fanboy with low standards. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll check in with the Inquisitors and see how many lashes are needed to purge myself of wrongthink.

Lower your own standards as far as you need to in order to excuse poor behavior because he's a Cowboy. Just don't try to chastise anyone else for actually having standards.