NCAA 2018 College Football

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bama has a ton of QB drama and Saban isn't helping it any with his attacking a female reporter.
Bama has a ton of talent yearly but hasn't been undefeated since 2009.
They are easily the most overrated football team in the country.
They are like if the university of Texas was really good.

I'm not gonna overreact because they rolled an unranked Louisville that lost their arguably career best QB.

The SEC is tough as nail this year and Bama couldn't even win their own division last year.
It's a tough ask. But they do have an easy schedule that will likely only bite with LSU on the road and Auburn.

I favor Auburn and Georgia in the SEC.

He was terse and a little rude with the reporter. I know ESPN likes to blow things up in their headlines, but nobody was "attacked".

There is no QB drama. Its all a media fabrication. There isn't a Hurts faction and Tua faction dividing the team. Tua is the QB. The game was well out of hand before Hurts got his reps. The issue for Saban is that he doesn't want to disrespect Hurts by making public proclamations. But its pretty clear that Tua is special an Hurts is not. If the drama was going to effect them, you would have seen it against Louisville. Sure Louisville had a new QB. ..........and Bama had a new defense. They lost their entire secondary and defensive line. They lost their best WR and OT too.

I went to the Auburn game. They won't be able to stop Bama's offense and they don't have a rb.

Keep talking. Its going to fun watching you eat crow all year.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Texas did not look good. LBs looked like they didn't know what they were doing and Ehlinger, well, he looked the same to me.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He was terse and a little rude with the reporter. I know ESPN likes to blow things up in their headlines, but nobody was "attacked".

There is no QB drama. Its all a media fabrication. There isn't a Hurts faction and Tua faction dividing the team. Tua is the QB. The game was well out of hand before Hurts got his reps. The issue for Saban is that he doesn't want to disrespect Hurts by making public proclamations. But its pretty clear that Tua is special an Hurts is not. If the drama was going to effect them, you would have seen it against Louisville. Sure Louisville had a new QB. ..........and Bama had a new defense. They lost their entire secondary and defensive line. They lost their best WR and OT too.

I went to the Auburn game. They won't be able to stop Bama's offense and they don't have a rb.

Keep talking. Its going to fun watching you eat crow all year.
Saban was a jerk but that isn't new. Always has been.
Guy is uniquely driven to win and that comes with the territory it seems.
Bama is picked to go undefeated every year and hasn't in 10 seasons.
They play 3 pointless games and Louisville is a very down team.

Saban is testy because Hurts is going to transfer.
Saban could have named Tua starter months ago as everyone knew he was the better QB.
He created drama/noise where there didn't need to be any.

Bama seems to be handed a free loss yearly but it will be tough this year to beat Auburn and Georgia in back to back games as I suspect will be required.
Then again maybe they lose to Auburn, lose the division and get to skip facing Georgia to cruise to the playoffs like last year.
But I suspect that path will be very rare.

Auburn's QB Stidham is very, very good and Bama is the team that is the target of everyone.
It has caught them yearly so I expect a loss catches them again.

Louisville is predicted to win 7 games and finish 5th in the ACC, beating them without a known QB doesn't prove much.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Guy is uniquely driven to win and that comes with the territory it seems.
Bama is picked to go undefeated every year and hasn't in 10 seasons.
They play 3 pointless games and Louisville is a very down team.

Saban is testy because Hurts is going to transfer.
Saban could have named Tua starter months ago as everyone knew he was the better QB.
He created drama/noise where there didn't need to be any.

Bama seems to be handed a free loss yearly but it will be tough this year to beat Auburn and Georgia in back to back games as I suspect will be required.
Then again maybe they lose to Auburn, lose the division and get to skip facing Georgia to cruise to the playoffs like last year.
But I suspect that path will be very rare.

Auburn's QB Stidham is very, very good and Bama is the team that is the target of everyone.
It has caught them yearly so I expect a loss catches them again.

Louisville is predicted to win 7 games and finish 5th in the ACC, beating them without a known QB doesn't prove much.
Safe to say that jt has a deep hatred for Bama.
:lmao:

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
He acted as if he wasn't asked a legitimate question as well. You are exactly right that he is the one that created the drama. He should have been upfront and honest with Hurts and his parents about the direction they wanted to go. He already knew Tua would transfer if he wasn't the starter, and he used that information to pretend it was an actual QB competition, to hold both players hostage. Nick Saban is a good coach, but yes he is a jerk. At least to the media. Its hard for me to say someone is a great coach when they have all the best talent.

uvaballa

Reaction score
College football has become like the NBA. You basically know the 2 or 3 teams that will be there in the end. Fun to go to games but basically knowing how things are going to end sucks.

NFL is still better because there’s constantly a team like the Eagles who makes a run. The Pats are usually there but they’ve been beaten enough.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Safe to say that jt has a deep hatred for Bama.
:lmao:
My aunt is a professor at Auburn, LOL.

But reality is Bama has the deck stacked in their favor based on a terrible BCS playoff system that is a court of public opinion rather than conference champs.
Twice now Bama has won National Titles in years where they probably shouldn't have been there.
I do not favor a best team on paper model but an earn your way in one.

Bama not winning their division last year in a very down year for their division, missing the conference championship game and getting to go to the playoffs was a travesty.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Thatda boy @lukin2006 . Let 'em have it.
tenor.gif

That was taken last year when they won. I wouldn't let them video me after a loss...:muttley::muttley:

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'm not sure Michigan deserved to drop so far. They lost by a TD to a good ND team on the road, who was ranked higher.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
My man Kyler Murray and my man Soso Jamabo who's not playing today, that's who I'm here for.

DFWJC

Reaction score
My two schools play each other today. UNC at ECU on ESPNU
Not that anyone here would (or should) care.
They both suck this year and are at recent lows all-around.

On a better note, some actually decent (or maybe interesting) games today:

• #3 Georgia at #24 S Carolina. (SEC East)
  • #2 Clemson at Texas A&M (103,000 and Jimbo knows Clemson. Still expect a Tiger win)
  • #17 USC at #10 Stanford (long time rivals)
  • #18 Miss St at Kansas St (going on now)
  • UCLA at #6 Oklahoma (going on now)assume this will be a stomping though..who knows
  • #13 Penn St at Pitt (old days rivals)

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It’s hard to convince us PS fans that the Pitt game is any more than 1/12th of the regular season. After all, when PS lost to Pitt two years ago, they still won the Big Ten championship.

Pitt, of course, sees this game as a big deal because s victory might launch Pitt into the AP Top 25 while PS drops even more in the rankings. Gonna be a Pennsylvania battle.