NCAA | Agent speaks about Young's Wonderlic score...*Reportedly-16*

VirusX

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You can take the test as many times as you want. It sounds like there was an error with his so they let him take it again immediately.

I personally don't think it matters one little bit. I don't care if he can tell me the smallest number in a mathematical sequence of numbers. I wanna know if he knows his reads. To me, the Wonderlic is worthless because it isn't about football.
:hammer:

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You can take the test as many times as you want. It sounds like there was an error with his so they let him take it again immediately.

I personally don't think it matters one little bit. I don't care if he can tell me the smallest number in a mathematical sequence of numbers. I wanna know if he knows his reads. To me, the Wonderlic is worthless because it isn't about football.

I think it has some value if the test can reveal whether you have the capability to understand complex concepts and if you have the ability to then apply these concepts to what is in front of you.

Does the test reveal this? I have no idea, but I have to believe this is what they were aiming to accomplish.

I think a NFL offense or defense have some complicated concepts, especially as they relate to a QB. I think how fast you process what you see into what you are suppose to do from a QB's perspective is pretty important.

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
This was just on the screen for the HOTLIST.

No other mentions yet.

I'm not sure if this is a repost. If So, Please Delete.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
VirusX said:
I believe it was last year they gave an example of some questions from the wonderlic and a couple were not logic questions. One I think was about a law/law firm's current situation. I could be wrong.

Maybe he just didnt eat his Wheaties :laugh1:

NO, you are wrong...that test has nothing to do about "current events", or what law firm is having a problem, blah, blah, blah! Where did you get that from?

It's a logic test, of sorts...to see how you process information presented to you...in other words, to see if you are dumb like VY!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
a 16 after taking the test a 2nd time under special conditions.

Lots of players would fair better under those conditions. His smarts are somewhere between a 6 and a 16. Most teams would evaluate either score as low for a QB.

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
I think I saw it in another post but it was buried. The 16 wouldn't have been such a big deal but I saw in several articles they let him retake the test after scoring a 6 the first time. Since when does the NFL let prospective players take the test twice? Someone must have felt sorry for him...

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
That's good to hear. I was worried he might forget to breathe with that 6 score.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hostile said:

If there was an error with his test it would have been in the scoring. In that case you rescore the test, you don't give the guy a do-over.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
VirusX said:
It isnt an "IQ" test. Its IQ mixed with overall knowledge of events etc. So labeling someone stupid because of a bad test result is ignorant.

It is a test of general intelligence it has nothing to do with knowledge. If that is what they wanted they'd give them an SAT.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Sorry, but I only acknowledge the first score. You shouldn't have to take it twice.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Very impressive indeed. :rolleyes:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Sorry, but I only acknowledge the first score. You shouldn't have to take it twice.

actually most prospects do take it twice. but Young did get special treatment.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
VirusX said:
It amazes me on how many people jump the gun and say OMG he scored low he is stupid! Have you seen some of the questions on those tests? If you dont watch the news and keep up with things outside of football you will miss quite a few questions.

I wouldnt put to much stock in a wonderlic score anyway. If I recall the highest wonderlic score was by a kicker. So that means he is a rocket scientist and should be an elite QB. Or it means he has a hell of a lot more free time to read a paper or watch the news then a QB who is studying film and working on his craft.

There is nothing about current evens on a wonderlic test. So there is nothing in the newspaper or on the news that would help you on the test

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Vince probably wishes he hired a real agent now.

Good point.

With so much at stake, he should have had several runs at that test before the combine, just to familarize himself with the style of questions.

If decision-making is important, then Vince flunked his first test by hiring a lousy agent and walking blindly into the combine.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
We all better be careful in discussing this issue. Yesterday the mods deleted a similar thread. I suspect they also banned someone.

But they are being very tight lipped about it.

I guess one of them gets annoyed if we suggest Young is stupid.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc said:
We all better be careful in discussing this issue. Yesterday the mods deleted a similar thread. I suspect they also banned someone.

But they are being very tight lipped about it.

I guess one of them gets annoyed if we suggest Young is stupid.
Now you're just speculating... :rolleyes:

And you're wrong on both counts... :cool: