NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That Gonzaga bracket is pretty wide open. They shouldve put Mich St in there as the 2....best 2 and worst 1 (overall 4 and 5) should be in same bracket.
Not out of the qustion that Texas Tech or Florida St does some damage vs Mich and Zags
Mich is really good but I think Tech is better than the Zags.
I picked Mich to Final 4 in one bracket Tech in the other.
Picked FSU over Zaga in one of the 2.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Yeah, Duke should be the favorite.
I think they are very beatable though....just less so that the rest.
UNC (a great shooting tram) shot 4 of 27 on 3 pointers and still lost only by 1 (and with the would winning shot in the air at the end from a good look). That was with Zion last week.
But Zion is a monster

Whoa...Nova in the Final 4 would be a huge shocker. If you have that inyour office pool, and it happens, youre looking good
That Gonzaga bracket is pretty wide open. They shouldve put Mich St in there as the 2....best 2 and worst 1 (overall 4 and 5) should be in same bracket.
Not out of the qustion that Texas Tech or Florida St does some damage vs Mich and Zags

Syracuse also has a puncher's chance. They would match up well vs the Zags in Rd of 32.

They cant win the Tournament, but I would not be shocked to see them in Sweet 16.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Syracuse also has a puncher's chance. They would match up well vs the Zags in Rd of 32.

They cant win the Tournament, but I would not be shocked to see them in Sweet 16.

Syracuse point guard Frank Howard has been suspended indefinitely for a possible failed drug test

DFWJC

Reaction score
NM State just had to make two out three free throws to go to OT with Auburn, or make all three to win.
They made 1 of 3 and lost by 1
:facepalm:

And in the final 2-3 minutes, they were missing free throws left and right.
Lost art, I guess

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Duke
UNC
Michigan
Villanova

Duke over UNC in Final

Hate Duke, but they are almost unbeatable with Zion in the lineup.

They really should have gotten beat by UNC in the ACC tourney. UNC had that game, even with the horrible shooting night. I think Duke is very beatable this year. JMO

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They really should have gotten beat by UNC in the ACC tourney. UNC had that game, even with the horrible shooting night. I think Duke is very beatable this year. JMO
Conference tourney games are awful for judging anything.
Virginia won the acc tourney last year then was bounced round 1 of ncaa.
Duke is BY FAR the most talented team in the country and has a top 3 coach.
They are by far the overall favorite.
They beat Virginia on the road by 10 and lost only 2 games(Gonzaga by 2), 1 in OT with Zion all year.

But in an NCAA tourney match ups make fights.
Possibly someone will provide enough interior defense and hot outside shooting to get a W.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Most talented historically does not always mean "best"...especially in team sports.
I'm hoping that's the case this year with Duke, once again.

Yes, they are the favorite.
But they are NOT a really good outside shooting team.

here's some trivia; if Duke makes wins the title, they will be the worst 3 point shooting team to do it in history. In fact, in the 3 point era, no team that shoots 3s < 31% has ever even made the final four, let alone won it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Conference tourney games are awful for judging anything.
Virginia won the acc tourney last year then was bounced round 1 of ncaa.
Duke is BY FAR the most talented team in the country and has a top 3 coach.
They are by far the overall favorite.
They beat Virginia on the road by 10 and lost only 2 games(Gonzaga by 2), 1 in OT with Zion all year.

But in an NCAA tourney match ups make fights.
Possibly someone will provide enough interior defense and hot outside shooting to get a W.

Duke is very beatable this year. I've been watching Duke Basketball for very long time. This team is not even close to the best I've seen from them. They rely too much on one star player. If you want to believe that Duke is far and away the best team, that's fine with me, go bet big on them.

Duke is very beatable this year, IMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
NM State just had to make two out three free throws to go to OT with Auburn, or make all three to win.
They made 1 of 3 and lost by 1
:facepalm:

And in the final 2-3 minutes, they were missing free throws left and right.
Lost art, I guess

Try "No Art Department" at NMSU. The book on them is always the same. Great Mid Range athletes, guys who can run and jump but it seems like they always struggle at the line.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Most talented historically does not always mean "best"...especially in team sports.
I'm hoping that's the case this year with Duke, once again.

Yes, they are the favorite.
But they are NOT a really good outside shooting team.

here's some trivia; if Duke makes wins the title, they will be the worst 3 point shooting team to do it in history. In fact, in the 3 point era, no team that shoots 3s < 31% has ever even made the final four, let alone won it.
I absolutely hope they get knocked out.
I am rooting for one school and one school alone but reality is they (Duke) are the best TEAM w a healthy Zion.

Anyone can lose in basketball but Duke is pretty similar to some of those UNLV teams with Larry Johnson. Just nasty.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Upset Friday

I miss the madness. Don't get me wrong I think it's cool all games are shown, great for fans who no longer live in the local market. But in a way I miss the days of the opening week, especially the first 2 days, when you could only watch on CBS and they would switch from game to game when there was a lot of close games at the end.

DFWJC

Reaction score
My brackets are really clean so far
Disappointed in Iowa State, but didn't have them going deep anyway. So one missing from my sweet 16

Should be some good games this weekend!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Pleasantly surprised by the Buckeyes win and equally unimpressed by the Big XII tournament champs.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I know it's really early, so not a ton of deep meaning here, but here is the conference representation of the remaining 32 teams:

Big Ten: 7
ACC 5
SEC: 5
Big 12: 4
American 2
Pac 12: 2
Big South, West Coast, OVC, MAC, Southern, Big East, and Big West: 1 each

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Well Saturday had been mostly a bust. I just want to watch competitive games, not ones over at half time.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well Saturday had been mostly a bust. I just want to watch competitive games, not ones over at half time.
Yeah, several blowouts.
The Maryland-LSU game was good
Auburn just stomped Kansas.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Welp, my 'Nova Wildcats didn't last long. Although I sure didn't expect them to go any further than Purdue. They were far from that unstoppable team that brought them another championship last season.

Hard to repeat when you lose 4 starters to the NBA. But, 26-10 is hardly a bad season, especially with a coach like Jay Wright. I see UNC winning it all this year. Mt. Zion and Duke will choke. :muttley:
@lukin2006