NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DFWJC

Reaction score
Welp, my 'Nova Wildcats didn't last long. Although I sure didn't expect them to go any further than Purdue. They were far from that unstoppable team that brought them another championship last season.

Hard to repeat when you lose 4 starters to the NBA. But, 26-10 is hardly a bad season, especially with a coach like Jay Wright. I see UNC winning it all this year. Mt. Zion and Duke will choke. :muttley:
@lukin2006
2 titles in 3 years....don't think you can complain.

I see 6-8 teams that are VERY capable of winning it all this year.

Total BS, imo, if anyone thinks Duke is far and away the best team.
No way.
If their best players were not freshman, I might say so. And eventually those players will have the best careers in the NBA....but that team is NOT far and away superior than the rest at this stage in their careers

StuckMojo

Reaction score
2 titles in 3 years....don't think you can complain.

I see 6-8 teams that are VERY capable of winning it all this year.

Total BS, imo, if anyone thinks Duke is far and away the best team.
No way.
If their best players were not freshman, I might say so. And eventually those players will have the best careers in the NBA....but that team is NOT far and away superior than the rest at this stage in their careers

K doesn’t coach like he used to. He just rolls out the most talent and cusses/berates refs entire game. Of course he has always done the intimidation thing with officials.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Two touch fouls on Taco Fall already has him sitting the bench for UCF. They lead by 6 halfway thru the 1st, but I can't see it happening.

Duke wins by 20 or so but a man can dream right? I just want UH to pull it out tonight :grin:

DFWJC

Reaction score
UCF up 4 with 2 minutes!

Up 3 with 45 seconds
Down 3 with 15 seconds, Zion charges twice on one play (no calls) makes a layup and get fouled...to foul out Tacko.
MISSES free throw and teammate gets rebound to score after two hand push in the back to get UCF rebounder out of the way
4 point play and Duke up 1....lol
77-76
UCF get three tries at it in the end and they roll out
Duke wins

You can't make this **** up

Last edited:

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Down 3 with 15 seconds, Zion charges twice on one play (no calls) makes a layup and get fouled...to foul out Tacko.
MISSES free throw and teammate gets rebound to score after two hand push in the back to get UCF rebounder out of the way
4 point play and Duke up 1....lol
77-76
UCF get three tries at it in the end and they roll out
Duke wins

You can't make this **** up

the way that game ended was ridiculous.

Sydla

Reaction score
The swallowed whistles on Duke were tragic.

Duke fans bristle when you tell them they get most of the key calls. That game is just another example. Zion trucks a guy and Barrett clearly pushes off. Nada, nothing, nope on a whistle.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Definitely not a Duke fan since they beat us twice this year. But UCF blew the game on that missed alley oop. Up 4 with a chance to go up 6 or burn 30 seconds and they just blew it. I prefer the refs not bail out guys at the end of the game unless it's flagrant.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Definitely not a Duke fan since they beat us twice this year. But UCF blew the game on that missed alley oop. Up 4 with a chance to go up 6 or burn 30 seconds and they just blew it. I prefer the refs not bail out guys at the end of the game unless it's flagrant.
I agree.
They had it and blew it

Duke got some breaks, but UCF had it

Sydla

Reaction score

That push off was flagrant.

uvaballa

Reaction score
That push off was flagrant.
Stop blaming refs and just play.

Tennessee could have complained about a bad foul on a 3pt shot against Iowa today. They went to OT and still handled their business. One call doesn't decide a game.

Sydla

Reaction score
Stop blaming refs and just play.

Tennessee could have complained about a bad foul on a 3pt shot against Iowa today. They went to OT and still handled their business. One call doesn't decide a game.

It’s just the reality of the situation. Barrett shoved the guy to where he ended up on the the side of the lane.

The refs utterly blew that call and it likely affected the outcome.

uvaballa

Reaction score
It’s just the reality of the situation. Barrett shoved the guy to where he ended up on the the side of the lane.

The refs utterly blew that call and it likely affected the outcome.

UCF blew the game plain and simple. They had a 4 point lead and the ball and turned it over. They also got a very clolse call that got them the 4 point lead. The ball seemed to not graze the rim because the rotation never changed. I think they did the right thing and stayed with the call but I think it should have went Duke's way.

BTW how the hell did OU score 95 points last game???

SacredStar

Reaction score
Zion trucking through set players and they call the blocking fouls on UCF, push off on Barrett was pretty obvious. No call.

UCF had a chance to overcome some bad calls, but why foul a guy attempting a 2 point shot when you're up by 3 points?

UCF played better, but Duke got lucky at the end.