NCAA Tournament Thread - March Madness

DFWJC

Reaction score
Let's start a March madness /Tourney thread for updates.

The round of 64 has begun.
1st to drop out of the 64 is Colorada St
Murrary St win 58-41.

Kansas State is currently up on USM 62-59 in a close one.

DFWJC

Reaction score
DFWJC;4461116 said:
Let's start a March madness /Tourney thread for updates.

The round of 64 has begun.
1st to drop out of the 64 is Colorada St
Murrary St win 58-41.

Kansas State is currently up on USM 62-59 in a close one.
K State advances 70-64

DFWJC

Reaction score
Louisville look like they will take out Davidson.

And....

UNC-Ashville 15, Syracuse 13

lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
casmith07;4461422 said:
UNC-Asheville, baby! Rooting HARD for 'em! :D
:laugh2:
27-22 UNC-A with 3:30 left in the 1st half

'Cuse will probably win, but I've thought they were vulnerable b/c they are not a great shooting team...and now without their top defender...

DFWJC

Reaction score
casmith07;4461422 said:
48-47 UNCA with 10 minutes to go.

Long odds, but if it happened it would the first time a 16th seed has ever beaten a 1.

Looks like Marquette is going to beat BYU...no surprise there.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
casmith07;4461422 said:

That would really frig up my bracket. I got them in the finals. they are frustrating to watch tho, they have all the talent but seem to get lazy, sloppy and play down to competition.

DFWJC

Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4461665 said:
That would really frig up my bracket. I got them in the finals. they are frustrating to watch tho, they have all the talent but seem to get lazy, sloppy and play down to competition.
You can rest easier.

Syracuse is now up by 8 with 2 minutes to go...game over.

taggy24

Reaction score
DFWJC;4461684 said:
You can rest easier.

Syracuse is now up by 8 with 2 minutes to go...game over.

it far from over.... sy up 3 with a min to go...

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
When did Syracuse become the Steelers? It's hard enough trying to beat a number 1 let alone the refs.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
UNC Ashville just got hosed big time. Unreal....Syracuse should have lost that game.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Cheaters never win UNC-Asheville :)

Seriously though...I was legitimately concerned about this game since I have watched Big South basketball as I went to Coastal Carolina and UNC-Asheville is a well coached team every year that finds some diamonds in the rough.

But, I really didn't like how the SU players sounded defeated with Fab Melo out. I know they are kids, but you have to realize that everybody needs to step up in a situation like that instead of acting like your season is over.

YR

DFWJC

Reaction score
JonJon;4461757 said:
UNC Ashville just got hosed big time. Unreal....Syracuse should have lost that game.
Would loved to have seen the upset.
Oh well.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4461734 said:
When did Syracuse become the Steelers? It's hard enough trying to beat a number 1 let alone the refs.

Granted, the out of bounds call was awful.

But the lane violation was on the money. I was listening to it on the radio and the announcer acted like it was a bad call, but I was thinking that is foul shooting rules 101. Then I watched it on TV and it was an obvious call and the right call. In fact, CBS pointed out that there were actually 2 lane violations on Marquette. But the one from behind the Jardine, who wound up getting the easy rebound, was as clear as day.

YR

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
UNC-Asheville got absolutely jobbed. There's no way you blow that call. Easiest out of bounds call you'll see as a basketball official.

Oh well. NCAA can't have a 16 beat a 1. Too much money involved.

This tournament is starting to look like the distant cousin of the BCS.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
casmith07;4463053 said:
UNC-Asheville got absolutely jobbed. There's no way you blow that call. Easiest out of bounds call you'll see as a basketball official.

Oh well. NCAA can't have a 16 beat a 1. Too much money involved.

This tournament is starting to look like the distant cousin of the BCS.

Well, it was 1 call. And SU was up 3. I wouldn't call that 'absolutely jobbed.' Just 1 awful call.

I'll take it because when SU got beat by Vermont a few years ago, the refs straight up handed that game to Vermont from the get-go. I was living in Atlanta at the time and of course, the entire bar of ******nozzles were rooting for Vermont. But after the game I had about a dozen people come up to me all saying the same thing 'we were rooting for Vermont, but that was the worst refereed game ever.'

I don't get the people still upset over the lane violation. It's really foul shooting rules 101, particularly when the main violator got the rebound. That's why the rule was created.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I did watch Colorado vs. UNLV last night in a good game. Colorado, when they were not worn down looked like a terror on defense. I don't think they have the depth to keep it up throughout the tourney and they turn the ball over too much on offense, but that's the type of defense that can go far in the tourney.

Couldn't figure out what the UNLV coach (Rice) was doing. He waited forever to press and trap Colorado to get back in the game and it worked amazingly well. Had he done it at say 15 minute mark instead of 7 minute mark, they may have won.

YR