NCAAF gets it wrong again

kskboys

Reaction score
That is what the Conference championship games are

Too many fans are obsessed with the need for finality instead of enjoying the great games throughout the year

Bowl games are a reward for the players and a good excuse for the fans to take a trip in the Winter... they don't all have to be part of a tournament
Not having a true champion takes away from my enjoyment.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I just never liked polls determining the national champion. The BCS was an improvement over the old system.

The logistics of an 8 team playoff are not super obvious. If Bama and Clemson can't generate enough demand to sell NCG tickets at face value, that would seem to be a roadblock to expansion. They would almost have to play round 1 of the playoff on the home fields of the 4 higher seeds, the semi finals on new years day, and the NCG a week later. And they need to get that title game on a weekend.
Me neither.

Especially when everyone was locked into the same bowls each year. Then two undefeated teams ranked 1 and 2 would end up beating, sometimes, a not so great team in their bowl.
You end up with someone getting shafted or a split title.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Me neither.

Especially when everyone was locked into the same bowls each year. Then two undefeated teams ranked 1 and 2 would end up beating, sometimes, a not so great team in their bowl.
You end up with someone getting shafted or a split title.

exactly......then it came down to who "looked" better.....or in figure skating parlance, who danced prettier.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Already did. And we'll never know because they got to play a patsy.

Once again, your statement that my post didn't age well was absolutely incorrect as it turned out to be spot on.

Ok, chief. Whatever you say...:rolleyes:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one loves cold fast food. Strahan has now offered them a real meal.

During game days we got baked chicken, pasta, fresh fruits, vegetables, etc.

I got my news from twitter.........turned out to be fake news.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No one loves cold fast food. Strahan has now offered them a real meal.

During game days we got baked chicken, pasta, fresh fruits, vegetables, etc.
Nothing was left over and the players all loved it

It was a fun solution to a staffing problem on short notice

uvaballa

Reaction score
Nothing was left over and the players all loved it

It was a fun solution to a staffing problem on short notice

LOL if you say so. They get better food during game days. Who wants to wear suits to eat crap.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ok, chief. Whatever you say...:rolleyes:
Nice to see someone admit they got it wrong. Look back and reread, and you'll see exactly what I'm saying. My claim was that ND wasn't good enough. They got creamed and proved it. You claiming that it didn't age well was quite humorous, however.

Good to see that you have the nerve to admit when you were completely wrong.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Nice to see someone admit they got it wrong. Look back and reread, and you'll see exactly what I'm saying. My claim was that ND wasn't good enough. They got creamed and proved it. You claiming that it didn't age well was quite humorous, however.

Good to see that you have the nerve to admit when you were completely wrong.

I'm having a very hard time following your logic. If you cite the fact that ND got curb stomped by Clemson as proof of ND's unworthiness, does that not also mean that Bama must have been equally unworthy? What am I missing here?

uvaballa

Reaction score
I'm having a very hard time following your logic. If you cite the fact that ND got curb stomped by Clemson as proof of ND's unworthiness, does that not also mean that Bama must have been equally unworthy? What am I missing here?
That’s actually a decent point. Bama didn’t really look like they belonged after the first quarter.

ND just needs to join the ACC in football. Join the conference that’s winning football and basketball championships.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
LOL if you say so. They get better food during game days. Who wants to wear suits to eat crap.
I didn't say it the players did themselves...... but believe whatever you want about 20 year olds

Eating Big Macs, Whoppers and FF off of silver platters with fancy candle-holders was a nice change of pace and good fun

PJHWGOAYRAI6TOHGKZYZBQX5BA.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
My assertion was that ND should have had to go through a playoff system to get there, and that there were better teams. They got their bums kicked, and it was never a game.

You picked my post that claimed ND didn't belong, and claimed that it didn't age well. So, you were actually the one trying to use one game, not I. That's what you are missing. Your claim that my post didn't age well actually made no sense at all, as not only does one game not prove anything, that game points toward an extended playoff system being a much better way to decide a champion.

So, if anything, the opposite of "this post didn't age well" is more accurate.

Since I contended that ND was not one of the best 4 teams in the nation and didn't belong, and they went out and got completely stomped, why would you claim that my contention didn't age well?

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s actually a decent point. Bama didn’t really look like they belonged after the first quarter.

ND just needs to join the ACC in football. Join the conference that’s winning football and basketball championships.
There were several teams that should've had their shot at both teams. I've never believed in championships that weren't earned. Even w/ this 4 team playoff system, there were several teams that should've had their shot. And even though we'll never know, OK and ND most definitely looked as if they did not belong there.

uvaballa

Reaction score
There were several teams that should've had their shot at both teams. I've never believed in championships that weren't earned. Even w/ this 4 team playoff system, there were several teams that should've had their shot. And even though we'll never know, OK and ND most definitely looked as if they did not belong there.
College football has always been kind of subjective picking who plays for the championship. What I always hated was years that multiple teams finished undefeated. I know many people who don’t follow college football because of how the championships are set up.

coogrfan

Reaction score
My assertion was that ND should have had to go through a playoff system to get there, and that there were better teams. They got their bums kicked, and it was never a game.

You picked my post that claimed ND didn't belong, and claimed that it didn't age well. So, you were actually the one trying to use one game, not I. That's what you are missing. Your claim that my post didn't age well actually made no sense at all, as not only does one game not prove anything, that game points toward an extended playoff system being a much better way to decide a champion.

So, if anything, the opposite of "this post didn't age well" is more accurate.

Since I contended that ND was not one of the best 4 teams in the nation and didn't belong, and they went out and got completely stomped, why would you claim that my contention didn't age well?

I guess what I'm questioning is your use of an objective fact (ND got stomped) to prove a subjective opinion (ND didn't belong). Who's to say anyone else would have given Clemson a better game than ND? Bama, the consensus #1 all year, certainly didn't.

kskboys

Reaction score
College football has always been kind of subjective picking who plays for the championship. What I always hated was years that multiple teams finished undefeated. I know many people who don’t follow college football because of how the championships are set up.
I'm one of them. College football is a mess. They need to clean it up and organize.