Need to sign a NT with Hankins out

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Now they can’t use the Hankins signing as an excuse, I would sign him this week and it will setup this team with 3 stud NT/DTs for the playoffs.
They did, but don’t compound the mistake by sitting on your hands and saying, no one is out there. There might be. We gotta try because our run D is our Achilles heal!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
They were available when they traded for Hankins it makes you wonder what they have left in the tank if Dallas was willing to give up some draft capital instead of signing either 1 of those guys for free.
Have you watched Philly’s D line lately, with Suh and Joseph?

Did you know they immediately made a huge impact in their 1st game. They helped stuff the Colts run when they had 1st and goal on the 5 yard line, late in the 4th quarter. Colts score a TD there and they almost assuredly win the game.

Also, Philly has now over taken us, and they are #1 in sacks. They are stuffing the run on early downs which allows them to get after the QB.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
their first TD was 6 plays for 24 yards following the muffed punt
their second was 2 plays for 27 yards following an INT

Hardly the stuff of legend from Driskel and Mills. The other 11 times they had the ball netted 9 points.
Your picking and choosing. Overall our D played lousy. Short field or not, and Elite defense does not give up 2 TD’s in that situation. Also, the Texans had 2 long drives for FG’s, one starting at the 2 yard line and one right before the half. They went through our D like butter on the drive right before the half!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Y'all funny. Yup, just go out and get you some starter quality players during the season, no problem.

Bo is better than anyone not already on a team.
Who did Philly go out and get during the season? They are now stuffing the run and leading the league in sacks. Yup, just go out and get you TWO starting quality DE tackles during the season.

Your funny. Willing to sit on your hands and not try to get better. We need to take a flyer on a DT!
If it works out great, if not at least we tried.

Reactions: BAT

conner01

Reaction score
I don't understand why they haven't signed one or both of these guys already. I am sick Hankins is out and believe they really need to fill that spot with another run-stuffer
And no other team has either
I’m sure they looked and felt Hankins was a better fit
They actually seem to know how to pick players fairly well. We’ve put together a really good roster. If one is there they think can help I trust their choices

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Your picking and choosing. Overall our D played lousy. Short field or not, and Elite defense does not give up 2 TD’s in that situation. Also, the Texans had 2 long drives for FG’s, one starting at the 2 yard line and one right before the half. They went through our D like butter on the drive right before the half!
Not picking and choosing at all. We practically gifted them 14 points on turnovers. I don't have the data, but I'd bet good money that teams that start with the ball inside their opponents 30 score TD's more times than not. Those were huge momentum swings and Houston took advantage of them. Elite defense or not (we aren't an elite defense), those are tough situations for the defense. Especially when turpin muffed the punt after the d forced a 3 and out.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Suh and Joseph were available a few weeks ago.
We have take a flyer on a couple guys and see if they can play. Don’t just sit on your hands and say, no one is out there. That attitude is not a winners attitude. Do everything you can, legally, to make your team better!!!
With you 1000%
was disappointed we did not make an effort for Suh...

Reactions: BAT

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Not picking and choosing at all. We practically gifted them 14 points on turnovers. I don't have the data, but I'd bet good money that teams that start with the ball inside their opponents 30 score TD's more times than not. Those were huge momentum swings and Houston took advantage of them. Elite defense or not (we aren't an elite defense), those are tough situations for the defense. Especially when turpin muffed the punt after the d forced a 3 and out.

We didn’t gift them 14 points. The offense gave them a short field twice and they scored 2 TD’s twice. Against a mediocre to lousy offense that is poor defense. Also there 2 long drives for FG’s were also really poor defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
And no other team has either
I’m sure they looked and felt Hankins was a better fit
They actually seem to know how to pick players fairly well. We’ve put together a really good roster. If one is there they think can help I trust their choices
They really don't.

kskboys

Reaction score
Who did Philly go out and get during the season? They are now stuffing the run and leading the league in sacks. Yup, just go out and get you TWO starting quality DE tackles during the season.

Your funny. Willing to sit on your hands and not try to get better. We need to take a flyer on a DT!
If it works out great, if not at least we tried.
Strange conclusion there.