News: Negotiations with Kazee

Rayman70

Reaction score
stopping the run alone gives us a chance on the back end. We dont do that, we are done. Dont care if you have 3 deion sanders' back there, you aint winning if we cant stop teams from pounding the rock on us so easy.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dont forget how Tampa offset KC in the SB...they manhandled them up front and with their linebackers. They punished them and Mahommes. He couldnt get the ball out to his playmakers. NOT 1 TD from a pass happy team. SOMETHING needs to be said for this. I think this is how you beat passing teams..with rock solid D. We need to be nasty in the trenches first and foremost.
Well it always help the D when 2 starting T are out as well.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Can an NFL player come back from an Achilles tear and be any good?

Short answer is yes. Partly because there are all degrees of tear, doesn't have to be ripped completely in two.

I tore my biceps tendon a few years ago, doctor say it was 90% torn off the bone, it was repaired and after about 8 months the doc released me. I asked him what I could do with the arm and he said "anything you want". Obviously I'm not playing NFL football, but I'm back to doing all my usual work and lifting about as much weight doing curls as I was before the tear....

TheBigEasy

Reaction score

Most recently, Kevin Durant (NBA) returned from an Achilles tear and some would argue that he's a better player now than he was pre-tear. Now, if it wasn't for his hamstrings, he might still be playing @ an all-star form. :laugh:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well it always help the D when 2 starting T are out as well.
True but we were awful everywhere. It wouldnt have mattered much. That said, we must fix the oline and we wont be able to fix every area in 1 offseason. This is gonna half to be a 3 year rebuild. A work in progress. KC was missing their olinemen tackles and yes it hrt them, but wasn't the full story. They just came up agianst a better defensive team and a great oline. They enforced their will. I want that for this team. It can be done, but realistically, wont be done this year.But I think we can make the playoffs with a great draft.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And the quarterback has turf toe...
he was plenty mobile and good to win if he had time to throw, which he never did. You dont get beat that bad because you were missing your tackles. Much more than that was happening. That was only one side of it.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
he was plenty mobile and good to win if he had time to throw, which he never did. You dont get beat that bad because you were missing your tackles. Much more than that was happening. That was only one side of it.

Didn't say it was a major reason, the post I replied to talked about the two OTs, I just added Mahomes to it...

Rayman70

Reaction score
stop the run, get turnovers, and win special teams, and you have a chance.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Can an NFL player come back from an Achilles tear and be any good?
Thanks for all the replies. I really like Kazee. If you haven't followed the Falcons too closely the past 4 years, this guy plays with intensity, covers a lot of ground and seems to always be around the ball. If he gets back to the same player he was pre-injury this upcoming year, I would love to sign him to a 3 or 4 year contract and have a really good free safety for the first time in a long time. I think if he is healthy, this would be one of the best free agent signings that the Cowboys have made in many years.

ghst187

Reaction score
Maybe if we get both he and Hooker we could get 16 full games of FS play between them.
On a serious note, we are still a better team with Kazee than without even if he misses some time so I’ll take him

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised he would keep his options open and visit with multiple teams. I do think Kazee is more likely to sign than Hooker and his injury history is much less checkered.